June 2016 Moms

Poop question

No real way to word that any better, lol.  Anyway, he is FF and only has one poop a day, occasionally two.  Lately it's been  the same green but with a greyish tint, and really pasty like peanut butter.  Concerning?  I'll probably call Pediatrician Monday anyway but just curious what you all think.  He's got good pee diapers and eats and acts normal.

Re: Poop question

• Damien's poop has been thick and paste-like since we switched to formula. I never thought to worry about the consistency. Hope your ped. says that's okay! No idea about the grey tho.
  • Sounds fine to me! As long as it's not red or black or hard pellets you're usually okay. Occasionally it changes but it never hurts to call your peds nurse line and ask! 
  • Loading the player...
  • We have to use rice starch formula (enfamil AR) for her spitting up issues but since putting her on that she has thicker poop and it has been quite a few different colors even brown but the ped said its just a sign her digestive system is maturing. She has only been pooping once a day for about a month and a half. Also a normal sign as long as LO is acting normal and not in pain and there is no black or red in it ur good to go. Try to let yourself relax a little til ur able to call.