March 2017 Moms
Options

Pin prick spotting

This morning I found several (maybe 6-7) teeny tiny (smaller than a pinhead) specks of red in my underwear. Almost like when you nick yourself with a razor (which isn't the case). It hasn't happened again yet and an internal check was clear. I found baby with the doppler a few minutes ago. I'm trying to be rational about it. Tiny amount. Heart beating. This can be normal, right?
DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Pin prick spotting

• Options
    I wouldn't worry too much. With my DS I had some spotting that was more than just a couple pin pricks. I freaked out, called my husband crying, and we went in for a quick scan. Everything was fine and they couldn't really figure out why the spotting happened. It just does sometimes. It didn't happen again for the remainder of my pregnancy and I delivered DS full term.

Just try to relax but keep an eye out to see if there's more, and if so then call your doctor. Spotting is always so scary though, I know. Hugs!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    You didn't mention this, but you're not having any cramping, right?  I think it can be normal.  Maybe you just irritated something over the last day or so.  If you're worried, I'd call the doctor though, just to make sure and give yourself peace of mind. 
    Me: 36  DH: 35.
    Married: 8/2005.
    BFP: 6/22/2016 EDD: 3/4/2017.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope, no cramping.
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No need to worry (much easier said than done) but it's totally normal to have such a small amount of bleeding.  Personally don't think you need to do anything unless you experience more bleeding. But if you can't stop worrying about it-there's nothing wrong with calling your doctors office and going in to give yourself some peace! 
  • Options
    peony2418peony2418 member
    edited September 2016
    chrlyr said:
    Nope, no cramping.
    Good.  I think it's probably normal.  But, if you need reassurance and peace of mind, call your doctor's office!  I know I'd be worried too.
    Me: 36  DH: 35.
    Married: 8/2005.
    BFP: 6/22/2016 EDD: 3/4/2017.
  • Options
    It can be totally normal, yep! I had some a couple weeks ago. My doc says to always call them if it happens, just in case. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had a similar scare with my first... Could it be from your butt? Internal hemorrhoids are so common in pregnancy and can bleed a little, like the tiny spots you described. That's what happened with me. 
  • Options
    chrlyrchrlyr member
    edited September 2016
    I remembered that I picked at an ingrown hair, so I'm wondering if that could be it. I also discovered a gross varicose vein on my labia, but I don't think those can bleed. I have a ton of CM right now, so I was surprised that the spots were so distinct and red. Hoping it came from somewhere else.

ETA: TMI warning
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hemorrhoid? I have that from it 

SaveSave
  • Options
    Hemorrhoid? I have that from it 
    Ugh, this. Not this pregnancy, but when I was pregnant with my son I freaked out because I wiped and saw red...until I realized the blood came from my butt. Pregnancy is so classy, you guys.
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was also thinking from the butt...or wondering if you had sex recently.