October 2016 Moms

Petty Problem Saturday 9/24

Re: Petty Problem Saturday 9/24

• I have the urge to nest and clean today, but it's SO pretty outside that I feel like I should be enjoying the day outdoors instead. But this is the only "free" day I'll have in the next few weeks to get stuff done and well....shit has to get done!
  • Loading the player...
  • I should be cleaning but I feel like I'm glued to the couch
  • NoraAuroraNoraAurora member
    edited September 2016
    I work today. I don't wanna. I haven't gone since last Saturday. And I could've asked my OB to write me for light duty starting today instead of Monday, but I didn't because I was "fine." 
  • Speaking of pumpkin spice. I really really want a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks but am feeling really lazy this morning and don't feel like packing up my other kids to go. Our Starbucks here is lame too cause it doesn't have a drive thru so it's a legit pain in the ass.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My wonderful hardworking husband is working today to make sure we are comfortable while I'm on maternity leave. But I miss him ❤️

Also I went to sbux today and it was SO busy. I thought it would go faster if I went inside so I sucked it up and took the carrier in. The line was just as bad! A very nice gentleman let me go in front of him though, so kind.
  • @OrangeEv I'm a Starbucks junkie, the stuff is like cocaine to me! It's bad!  :#
  • This is not really petty but super annoying.  I'm pretty sure the house we rent isn't wired properly (or legally) but rent is decent considering we have the whole house.  Today I woke up early since I had plans with my mom, and while making DH a coffee he goes to turn on his Xbox and tv and the fuse blows.  Of course resetting the panel box didn't fix it, so now there are 3 or 4 plugs in the house that aren't working.  He ended up redecorating the house (it actually looks really good) because maybe we were drawing too much energy from the one plug, but now I have to contact the landlord to get them to come in to fix it and I hate dealing with landlords. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I want to get out of the house and enjoy the beautiful weather, but baby is sitting on a nerve today and it's literally a pain in the butt to walk for very long. 
  • @ignoscemihi Hah this is me. I am a total planner. I can plan anything. I just don't actually do it...

• @OrangeEv thank you for starting this! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I want to drink beers while I watch football. 
    I cried last Sunday because H got a delicious looking fall beer and I wanted one too. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @OrangeEv you and your husband sound soooo cute:) 

My petty problem is that the Royals (Will and Kate) are in my city tomorrow morning and i have been planning to go see them, but standing too long hurtsssss. And all the walking... ughhhh. I thought about blowing it off because I'm tired- but i saw their arrival on the news tonight and I cried cause Kate looked so lovely and sweet and beautiful. And now I want to go more than ever even though i won't/can't get anywhere close to them at 8 months pregnant.... sigh. 
  • @Kittens22 Omg I am so jealous - I don't think anything would stop me from seeing them. Even uncomfortable pregnancy!! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • i'm wide awake and my husbands snoring is pissing me off 
  • @ibabyloveb87 OMG I know... isn't Kate just the most amazing inspiration?! I have the perfect blue maternity dress to wear... And pearls, of course!!! So it's happening!!! If anything I'm sure the stars in my eyes will help me forget about the discomfort :) 
  • mrszoess said:
    i'm wide awake and my husbands snoring is pissing me off 
    I left my husband snoring on the couch earlier because sometimes it seriously annoys me when I think about the fact that I will never be able to watch television on the couch for the rest of my life without listening to him sawing logs. I'll say his name and wake him up no less than 20 times, but all he does is open his eyes and smile at me, never even changes position or does anything to change that he's snoring. This is every GD night and is annoying AF.
  • @jennjenn81713 mine gets a swift jab or kick and he rolls. took about 5.5 years of conditioning but most of the time he doesn't even wake up :) (he def just got a shove and he rolled
    over) i can even tell you which side/back/belly he is lying on based on the actual snores

the insomnia has me frustrated as hell bc he can nap on Thursday while i labor and shove a kid out of my crotch. 
  • also by no means did i mean my husband will either not be there or sleep the whole
    time lol
  • bnsmith85 said:
    I want to drink beers while I watch football. 
    This! I can't wait to drink all the wine and fall beer!
    Add me to this list! I only watch football for the beer/ wine and the food!
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited September 2016
    Would anyone judge me if I had a bottle of wine in my hospital bag and disposable coffee cups to disguise it while I'm drinking it?
    No judgement here! 

Eta- the nurses and LCs might be a different story though :)
  • @bnsmith85 hence the disguised cups!  :p
  • @Schell2013 I have a mini bottle of champagne.  B)
  • We Know someone in our neighborhood who is a photographer. She does a little bit of everything but said she was trying to build a newborn portfolio and would do a session for us for half the price as other photographers we looked into. Well, that was back in first tri and she's since fallen off the face of the earth. She isn't returning my texts or calls and H said he hasn't seen her on Facebook either. We haven't seen her around the neighborhood like we usually do either so now I either have to find a photographer last minute for twice as much or just not get newborn pics. I'm so sad. I know it's not a huge deal but I really want professional pics of
    him and we don't have an extra $500 laying around. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• I'm sorry @mrscorker. That really sucks. 
  • My cousin ended up going into labor Saturday and the whole family missed my shower .. a mommy friend from my son's kinder class came, my bff, my mom's BFF from high school .. my two sisters and then after 3hours my MIL showed up with my husbands nieces. We spent too much on the little shindig, but my cousin had a healthy baby so all in all it was ok. Plus I have left over food and cheesecake to binge on ! 
  • @MRSCORKER is there a JCPenny in the mall where you live? I got an awesome deal off Groupon for $29.99 which includes 3 image digital album and one free print plus 40% any additional photos, wall art, gallery wraps or portrait collections. I'm sure I'll walk outta there over $100 later, but just like you, we don't have an extra $400-$500 for a shoot at the moment. Figured this would be perfectly fine and affordable. And I've never heard anything bad reviews. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @mommabear444 awww I'm sorry to hear about your shower but congrats on the new addition to your family! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @sportiegrl1213 Yeah, that thought crossed my mind. I'm not super into the studio style portraits but if that's my only option, I'll do it just to capture a few newborn moments. I would hate to have no pictures except the ones on my phone. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @MRSCORKER Are there any amateur photographers in your area who would be cheaper? I am using a girl here who has her own business but she's not like a top photographer in the area. She only charges $160 for a newborn session. Check out a community college photography program or something like that - maybe there's some undiscovered talent out there. 
  • I totally agree, we just want a few newborn pictures as well without breaking the bank and this seemed like a good option @MRSCORKER:)
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @MRSCORKER Are there any amateur photographers in your area who would be cheaper? I am using a girl here who has her own business but she's not like a top photographer in the area. She only charges $160 for a newborn session. Check out a community college photography program or something like that - maybe there's some undiscovered talent out there. 
    This is a good idea! I'll ask around. I have a ton of artist friends so I know someone knows someone. It would be easier if I was on facebook... I may have to bit the bullet and get on. Grrr... fb is a PITA but it is good for some things!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @MRSCORKER We would love for you to join us in the Facebook world  :p