Pregnant after IF

***3rd Trimester Check-in/ Week of September 19th***

Jerseygirl856Jerseygirl856 member
edited September 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: What items will you pack in your hospital bag? Any advice or suggestions you have received are welcome as well! 

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well! 

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:
@Piperella: EDD 10/2/16 with a little boy
@Morningstar80: EDD 10/18/16 with a little boy
@laur2444: EDD 10/19/16 with a little boy
@Jerseygirl856: EDD 10/20/16 with a little girl
@sassysd7: EDD 10/31/16 with a little girl and a little boy
@tvh1982: EDD 11/11/16 with a little girl
@ZoeFer: EDD 11/14/16 with a little girl
@Rachd110: EDD 11/19/16 on team green
@mskeenan: EDD 11/20/16 with a little boy
@capps42613: EDD 12/6/16 with a little boy
@kuposa17: EDD 12/7/16 with a little boy
@erica0901: EDD 12/8/16 with a little boy 

Re: ***3rd Trimester Check-in/ Week of September 19th***

• @Piperella thank you for leading the  3rd tri weekly check-ins! Good luck as you await the arrival of your LO! Can't wait for your update. 

Hi ladies, this is my first time ever posting the check ins so bare with me as I try to get creative with the QOTW :) I will be 36 weeks on Thursday and nothing to report this week. I will start my weekly follow-ups and at my next appointment I will be tested for GBS and have my cervix checked. Seems like these months have gone by fast! 

QOTW: I am planning to pack the take home outfit and receiving blanket for my baby girl, some yoga pants, t shirts and slippers for myself. Maternal undergarments, Toiletries, cell phone charger. 
  • Hi Ladies! This is my first check in with the 3rd trimester and I still can't believe I'm here! I am FTM 28w2d along with a boy due 12/10, but we have a scheduled C Section date of 12/8. A little of my IF journey is that we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility, went through 5 IUIs and were about to transition to IVF when I became pregnant naturally which still blows my mind.

I just got done with the high risk doctor today (I am going for a current medical condition that could impact growth) and I am happy to report that baby boy is growing right on track at 2lbs 15oz!

QOTW: This hasn't really crossed my mind yet, but I did go a breastfeeding class recently and they told us that we could bring our breast pumps with us so a nurse could show us how to use them. Being a FTM, I would think this would be really helpful so you don't get home and have no clue how to use it haha.
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• Loading the player...
  • @erica0901welcome to 3rd tri! Sorry to hear that you are being treated for a medical condition that could impact your LOs growth but happy to see he's right on target for weight! 
    I would have never thought to pack my breast pump as I'm a FTM as well and I have no experience at all with it. I'll be adding that to my bag. Thanks! 
  • Welcome @erica0901! Glad he's measuring right on track.

AFM- 29 weeks & I feel like he's running out of room. I got to feel him hiccup for the first time recently. I have an OB appt tomorrow & I have to talk to him about my FMLA. I'm planning to go out around 11/1 (35 weeks), and with the minimum 8 weeks of leave + some comp time I accrued, I'll be on leave til the end of February. DH and I scheduled an elective 3D u/s for Sunday. Can't wait to see him again  :)

QOTW: you ladies pretty much nailed it. Make sure you save room to take the baby supplies home that the hospital has stocked (in the thing the baby sleeps in @ the hospital). Having a few extra diapers won't hurt  ;)
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Welcome @erica0901!  Glad to read baby boy is growing how he should, what a little fighter you have :smile:

I think you did very well with your first QOTW @Jerseygirl856, I know those don't always come easy.
    See you are getting closer to the finish line!

AFM: I am currently 32 + weeks and am exhausted. Everything and evreyone bugs me, so I am a right little ray of pitch black.
    Baby is doing well, had my last appointment with my midwife in Norway and have a new one scheduled the 4th october in NL. I hope I'll get an ultrasound as my sister will join me.
    I am saying goodbyes to friends, and it is tough. Even my hairdresser cried. 
    My little girls moves away again, and she has hiccups twice a day, it is both adorable and annoying as its quite tickly for some reason.

QOTW: As I will do a home delivery I haven't really thought about having a bag ready. But realised the other day that I might need to put it ready anyway, just in case...
    I'll probably put in the bag comfi PJ's for me, flipflops for taking a shower, a big comfi towel (as the hospitals arent the biggest, and I got a whole belly to cover even after baby is out), a hair dryer (not to be vane, but as having wet hair in bed drives me nuts) snacks, book/crochet/or anything else to pass time.
    For the little one the cutest outfit (not sure which one), babywearing, babyblanket, .. as I'm not mistaking diapers and all that are available in the hospital, but I'll know more once I have spoken with my new midwife.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Fantastic news @capps42613! He did well!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Good to hear that everyone is doing well. Welcome to third trimester @erica0901, it is great that your little one is growing well.
    I am 32 weeks and doing well so far, and the baby girl is doing well I guess. I thought that baby movement decreased by Saturday afternoon and even though I was feeling her moving once a while it was less than normal. I was not sure if I should call or not, then I ate two cookies she started to move/kick a lot. I am not sure what that means, do they just get sleepier some days ? I get so nervous if I do not feel her all the time. Other than that, I think everything is going well, I have an appointment tomorrow.

QOTW: There are some good suggestions here, thanks ladies. I am also planning to take some comfortable clothes for me (yoga pants, tanks, robe), slippers, hair band, toiletries, brush. I think breast pump is a good idea , I havenot thought about it before. Maybe my bobby to also better learn how to BF. clothes for baby, velcro swaddle, blanket. And yes, they recommend to make sure you have space in your bag to take all the goodies from the hospital.
  • I don't like it when they change there movement @zoefer.
    Ive read that between week 32 and 38 they are changing position which might give a decrease of movement until they find their spot.
    As well as they are starting to have a sleeping pattern which might change movement.
    Not to mention lack of space, so smaller movement.
    Yet they should move 10 times in an hour.
    Definitely keep an eye out, and if you worry, which is completely understandable, give your doctor a call.
    Mine told me to just do that. 9 out of 10 times all will be fine, but they don't mind sending mummie-to-be home happy and relaxed :smile:

• @capps42613 Our baby was head down at 27 weeks appointment but then she was head up and then down again. I am pretty sure she moved again this week, because i can feel the hiccups at different locations. Our doctor says that they can still move as they like until 35 weekish. My yoga instructor suggested to see a prenatal chiropractor , she believes that the position of the hip and organs can be adjusted so the baby will like the head down position , stay that way. I feel like my baby`s head is up, right below my chest now but I am not sure. I have a dr appointment tomorrow and if the baby is in breech position I might go to that chiropractor.
  • @tvh1982 thanks! And I don't think you sound vain at all, I'm not a fan of wet hair on a pillow either. I like the idea of bringing a big towel. 
    You ladies really have some great suggestions and tips. 
    @ZoeFer I was there as well at about 30weeks or so. I ended up being evaluated and it turns out she was moving but since I have an anterior placenta, I wasn't feeling them. 

@capps42613 thanks for the tip! I will go there after my appointment tomorrow. 
  • Hello everyone! I'm so excited that we officially made it to 3rd trimester! I'm 28 weeks with a boy due 7 Dec. Yesterday's u/s looked good and I took my glucose test, hopefully I passed.

QOTW: Need a checklist for the hospital bag (am such a nerd) might look for one online. Definitely putting electronics and chargers at the top of the list. DH's parents live in Scotland so I'd like to skype them right after the birth.
    me: 39  DH: 42
    TTC: since April 2014
    IUI #1-3 Jan-April 2015 (all BFNs)
    IVF #1 May/June 2015 - cancelled due to poor response
    IVF #2 July/Aug 2015 - BFN
    DE IVF #1 March 2016 - BFP
  • @kuposa17 welcome to 3rd tri! 
  • Welcome @kuposa17!

• Hey ladies!  Sorry for the late check-in!  I'm 38w5d today and had what I think to be our final u/s and Ob appt yesterday.  Because my amniotic fluid is a bit elevated, and keeps going up (currently 24cm), we are going to induce me next Thursday at 39w4d.  So close to the full 40w!  I'm currently dilated 1cm and 30% effaced.  Hoping to keep that up through the next week.

QOTW:  I still haven't finished packing my hospital bags, so some of you ladies are way ahead of me.  That being said, I have three checklists I'm using.  Two were from my birthing classes I took, and one is just one I created based on my own needs.  I'll share it here but it's on a google document (so you need to be on a laptop or have the app on your phone, I think).

@zoefer and @capps42613  I can't remember what I have already said about breech, but they can change all the way up until birth (seriously..)  but the likelihood of them changing after 37w is greatly reduced.  The method you want a chiropractor to do to you is the webster method for breech babies.  
  • @Piperella i was wondering how you are doing. Wow it is so close now, the labor can start any minute now i guess. Best of luck and i hope you would have the easiest labor possible.
    I had an appointment this wednesday and baby is still head down so i will just skip the chiropractor at this point. I have just enough time for the doctor appointments. 
    In the mornings, especially right after i walk to work i feel light headed and weak. Dr. thinks that it is because of my slightly low Fe and blood count. But this morning, i walked fast to catch a seminar and i started to have cold sweats and dizziness, i was almost going to faint. I was sitting on a front row and i couldnt leave or do anything. I m so glad i didnt pass out but it was not fun.
  • I'm so glad the baby is head down, @ZoeFer!  I still hold my breath until they say something about him being had down at my ultrasounds.  The lightheadedness doesn't sound fun at all!  Does snacking on food help at all?  I know that isn't really possibly all the time.  I actually keep a little packet of saltines with me in case I feel shaky.
  • @Piperella that's awesome! He will be here before you know it  :)
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @Piperella congrats! Almost there!
  • Thanks @Piperella, actually snack do not help because it usually (almost always) happen after I have the breakfast. It is not related to being hungry at all. I started to use my daily iron pills now and I hope it helps.