October 2016 Moms

friday ticker change 9.23.16

2 weeks in a row! Woohoo!

How many weeks? 

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?

GTKY: You're on death row (for stabbing someone who insinuated you were having triplets); what's your last meal request? (Stolen from Tuesday)

Re: friday ticker change 9.23.16

• How many weeks? 36

What size is baby? Papaya

Upcoming appointments? OB appointment on Monday

Rants/Raves/Questions? Now that we have 3 weeks left, my husband has finally gotten his rear in gear. He has decided that we are going to finish the nursery and guest rooms this weekend, and pick a middle name for baby Willow. (It's about damn time!) 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I'm miserable, I'm not gonna lie. My feet are huge, my entire body is swollen, there's no more room for this giant baby! Last week I had a cold and it's lingering. I just want to hit the fast forward button. 

GTKY: You're on death row (for stabbing someone who insinuated you were having triplets); what's your last meal request? Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, and coconut cream pie for dessert. 
  • 2 weeks in a row! Woohoo!

Yeah!!!!  Us Friday gals are getting all energetic and stuff! LOL.  

How many weeks? 
    37 + 3

What size is baby?
    The size of a skunk accdg to Ovia!

Upcoming appointments?
    Monday for a check up and possible ECV.  Ick, nervous!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Just excited for the weekend, super hormonal and weepy.  (have you guys seen the video of the old man singing to his wife on her deathbed?  it's the saddest and sweetest thing!).  

My appetite has decreased the past few days.  I think it's because I no longer have any room for food. Just a few weeks ago, I was probably averaging 2000 calories a day... and I believe I'm down to like 1500 because of lack of space!

GTKY: You're on death row (for stabbing someone who insinuated you were having triplets); what's your last meal request? (Stolen from Tuesday)
    Some fresh sashimi.  Salmon, yellowtail, some salmon roe, Toro sashimi.... all the high end sashimi and sushi please!
  • Loading the player...
  • @annabenanna Sushi and sashimi- YUM! I'm sitting here eating cereal for lunch and wishing it were sushi. 
  • @ball4768, we still have no middle name!!!  Hope you guys find one this weekend. :)  
  • How many weeks? 
    37w0d - exactly 2 weeks until this little guy makes his big debut!

What size is baby?
    Romaine lettuce. Or more accurately approximately 6.5 lb

Upcoming appointments?
    Birth preparation class tomorrow (better late than never?), NST and OB on Wednesday. Also need to schedule an appointment at the other hospital before making my final decision about where I want to deliver. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I'm still not ok with my scheduled c-section and upset my grandparents aren't making the effort to see their first great-grandchild over Christmas. I'm getting really scared because I'm not ready to be a mom! I have a MILLION questions and I'm running out of doctors to ask.

I feel like my entire abdomen is bruised from the inside. Everything hurts - can't even really distinguish between the various pains anymore, aaaah. I NEED carbs and caffeine. Does an aversion to people count?
    Gosh, I am SO whiny. Ew.

Oh boy. I'd start out with a full Thanksgiving dinner and top it off with a wide selection of cookies, cake and ice cream. 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • @books&icecream "Does an aversion to people count?" YES! You made me LOL with that one! 
    Seriously though, I think you're going to be great at this mom thing. I mean, I know we're internet strangers, but you present yourself as an intelligent and thoughtful person who already cares a whole lot about this little person you're bringing into the world. That love and affection is going to carry you most of the way toward being a good parent. I'm not trying to minimize your anxiety or concerns (because it's totally normal to feel the way that you do), but don't be too hard on yourself. 
  • @ball4768 Thanks, that means a lot  :) I know it will all be ok in the end. I was already nervous (like most FTMs, I assume) and I think knowing I'm going to need to be taken care of AND trying to take care of a newborn is kind of pushing me over the edge. My DH is taking off two whole weeks to help so hopefully this anxiety is just me totally exaggerating! 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • 37 weeks

Size of a skunk 

Appt with OB on wednesday, I better have made progress 

Hubs really wants this babe to.come out at or after 40 weeks so he refuses to have sex or do anything on the weekend. I'm annoyed. 

My jaw has started hurting and babe is more active than ever! I just want to sleep through the night, be able to actually grip something and wear normal shoes. My hands and feet are swollen and sore 

I want bbq beef ribs with a baked potato and a.fountain coke! 

• How many weeks? 38 weeks! OMG

What size is baby? A pumpkin. I feel huge but can't imagine something the size of a pumpkin being inside my uterus. 

Upcoming appointments? I had an appointment this morning and it lasted all of 15 minutes. They asked if I wanted my cervix checked but I declined since they checked it at 36 weeks and I wasn't dilated. I haven't had any contractions or anything that would make me think I had dilated much if any. The baby is still head down and the doctor predicts normal size at birth (7 1/2 pounds ish). She also said not to hunt her down if she was wrong lol

Rants/Raves/Questions? I finally bought some PP clothes (AKA 2 lounge pants, a nursing tank, robe, and huge underwear) today. I wanted a few nursing bras but I feel like I can make do with the ones I have at least for the first week or so until my milk comes in. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? My uterus is just expanding my ribs! I feel like I need to stretch out all the time because my ribs hurt!

GTKY: You're on death row (for stabbing someone who insinuated you were having triplets); what's your last meal request? (Stolen from Tuesday) Ribeye steak (rare), loaded baked potato, salad with italian and blue cheese dressing, and a slice of chocolate chip cake that my mom made.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• How many weeks? 38 weeks! Holy crap!!

What size is baby? Winter Melon? Dr thinks she is going to be smaller than my first who was 9lbs 12oz. Fingers crossed as this is a VBAC!

Upcoming appointments? Next Friday at 39 weeks. :) 

Rants/Raves/Questions? FINALLY have an official name for little miss! I can't believe it's taken this long. Emma Vivian :) But we have been calling her Emmy since not long after we found out it was a girl. Starting to feel really anxious and nervous about going into labor. I haven't worried about it this whole pregnant and have felt very confident. But now I just can't shake this impending sense of doom coming! I'm getting really nervous that I won't be able to handle it! I don't remember this with my first! Also been feeling a little emotional Of everything lately. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I have been having a ton of Braxton hicks lately! Super tired all the time. There are things I still want to get done before she gets here but have no energy! I feel like a basket case! Haha!

GTKY: You're on death row (for stabbing someone who insinuated you were having triplets); what's your last meal request? (Stolen from Tuesday) A HUGE juicy steak. Medium rare if they know how to really cook a steak! with some butter and salt on top. Mmmm. Maybe a bit of crab legs too. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker