Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check In 9-19

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

2. How far along are you? EDD?

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms:

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to:

5. Questions:

6. GTKY: What do you like to do to relax?

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: PGAL Check In 9-19

• 2. How far along are you? EDD? 34w4d, October 27

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: Sleeping is so uncomfortable. Whichever side I lay on is the side baby decides to lay on, little stinker! I'm also getting tired of GD and having to test my sugars 4x a day.

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: Meeting this little pumpkin!

5. Questions:

6. GTKY: What do you like to do to relax? When I'm not pregnant, have a glass of wine. I also like to watch a funny movie, or read a good book.

BabyFruit Ticker

• 2. Ten weeks today! 4/17. 

3. So hungry all the time. Now that the nausea is lessened I need to eat every two hours. This is where I start gaining weight I guess. Ha. 

4. I'm past my loss milestone so next one is getting to hear the hb again at my next appointment and/or hearing it on the fetal Doppler I bought yesterday. 

5. I have questions also week and then I forget them when it's time to ask them. I guess my question is, what do you think my chances are of hearing hb if I get my fetal Doppler in later this week? 

6. Read. Lighthearted fiction. Also go for drives with DH and the dog. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @HGRich I use a Doppler starting at 10 weeks - it's not always easy to find (especially since I have a tilted uterus), but most of the time I can! (I give myself 5 minutes to look. If I don't find it, I can look again later for 5 min). Watch YouTube videos to help! Hope it brings you reassurance and comfort - I love mine!

A

2010: son born 9/1 

2013: 2 miscarriages + d&cs, both at 10 weeks: April & July

2014: son #2 born 6/29

2016: Baby girl stillborn at 21w6d 4/29 and baby boy stillborn at 20w 3d 11/16

• amwangelamwangel member
    edited September 2016
    2. How far along are you? EDD? 12w 1d / April 2nd

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: We might tell my parents this week (they're visiting) but I'm so scared of my 6 yo finding out and having his heart broken again with another loss. I just want to protect him until our anatomy scan since that's when it all unraveled last time. I don't know what to doooo. 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: NT scan and materniT21 results this week ETA: baby is chromosomally normal, just got the results. HOORAY. 

5. Questions: 

6. GTKY: What do you like to do to relax?  Go for walks, listen to podcasts, cook, watch Friends, waste time on Twitter. ;)

A

• @amwangel thank you! I hope I can find it but refuse to panic if I can't. YouTube vids will probably help a lot. 
    also congrats on the NT results!!! 
  • @HGRich My sister found baby's heartbeat at 9w4d. It takes patience. Some people can't find it that early, but some do! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @HGRich, we are EDD buddies! I found the hb with my Doppler this time at 8w6d. You should be good to go at 10 wks. I find it just above the pubic hair line at this point.

2. 10wks, EDD 4/17.

3. I'm sick of feeling sick and unproductive. But historically I have another 6 wks so I need to just get over it. I'll take it all if this baby sticks.

4. Beginning second tri.

5. None.

6. When I'm not pregnant I do hot vinyasa yoga and run often to relax. Also, reading.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • @MWoodside yay! Good to know. :) 

i know how you feel about symptoms--tired of feeling it but willing to deal with whatever it takes if baby sticks! 
  • What brand of Doppler's do you all have? I have an angel care one (I think) and it doesn't seem like the best thing but I'm not sure if buying another brand will be better. I am 8 weeks also is that about the time you could find the HB on yours?

• @HLD3194 I just bought a sonoline b. It had great reviews so I hope it's good! On sale right now too at Baby Doppler. 
  • @HLD3194 I borrowed my sister's, it's an Angel Sounds one. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I bought a sonoline B and I loved it!
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• 1inthehopper1inthehopper member
    edited September 2016
    1inthehopper- new here as of late last week, DD is 4, ectopic last spring 

4w+1d

rave: yay for being almost all better after nasty stomach virus over the weekend  - probably just in time for MS to start....
    rant: OB's nurse called today- OB said no more betas necessary (but it was only checked 3 times? And 3rd time was at ER over weekend only 24 hrs after last draw) but ordering progesterone test on blood draw from weekend. Still waiting on results. Little confused on the betas, would have thought they would be done at least for 4-5 draws?

Looking forward to: ultrasound at 6.5 weeks to hopefully find out no ectopic this time and heartbeat!

Questions: for those who had serial betas how many did you do? 
    And a random question: I am scheduled to fly to another state Thursday for a long weekend with a friend who is traveling for work.  Leaning towards not going now that I'm PG and dr can't confirm ectopic or not for at least another week or later.  Dr said my choice but if I go I need to research nearest hospital so I can get there right away if I start having ectopic symptoms.  Just seems too risky to me and also don't think I'd be able to relax to have fun.   Want to be safe but not overly paranoid. DH supportive of whatever I chose. Thoughts? Because why shouldn't I consider what internet strangers would do, right?! ;) 

ETA: spelling is hard
  • @1inthehopper I don't know anything about betas as I've never had them drawn, but I was in a similar situation - I've had 3 losses and found out I was pregnant just a week before leaving for a trip to Denver. I was having a lot of sharp stabbing pains on one side and was convinced it was ectopic.

I was so scared I'd have a miscarriage on the plane or at our rental apartment...but I went anyway. Because I felt like my losses have taken so much from me already, you know? I didn't want to miss out on this much-needed kid free getaway with my husband. (Plus...we had tickets to
    fly and I didn't want to forfeit them for simply having fears)

I can't tell you what to do or what will happen - only you know what you need to do! I did go and I'm glad I did. It was a wonderful distraction from waiting for my ultrasound when weeks can seem like years in those first weeks. (And so far so good - 12 weeks pregnant.)

this is is a book, but I just had to respond because I felt so similarly just last month! Good luck!

A

• JillianLinn85JillianLinn85 member
    edited September 2016
    1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): I'm New as of last week. 2 previous MCs last august and november.

2. How far along are you? EDD? 10 wks 1 day, (past our previous MC milestone.)

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: I have the best dreams, full of color and smells. But when I wake up to pee in the middle of the night, which I never had to do before, I cannot go back to sleep to save my life. 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: We are hoping to hear the heartbeat tomorrow.

5. Questions: I'm sure as soon as I post this, I'll remember all my questions....

6. GTKY: What do you like to do to relax? I love to go for walks, drink wine (when I'm not preggers), and read. 
  • HGRichHGRich member
    edited September 2016
    @1inthehopper I agree with @amwangel. It's so hard to say. What is the trip for? I might skip it if it's not a big deal, but if it's going to be something you'd regret missing it would probably be worth it to go? 

To answer your other question, I only had two draws to rule out ectopic. But I had also not had one before so I couldn't say what's normal if you have had one. 

Fingers crossed for you! 
  • I remembered a question for previous mothers, When did you start putting oil/moisturizer on your belly and breasts. My skin doesn't seem to be getting taut yet, but I guess it couldn't hurt and might help?
  • 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): 

2. How far along are you? EDD?  10w4d

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: Tired of all the doctor appointments; while I know they are useful; it is really stressful and exhausting.  

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: Results of the Amnio (Amnio on 10/27)

5. Questions: 

6. GTKY: What do you like to do to relax? Good Question...usually enjoy a nice glass of wine.  However during pregnancy, watch tv I guess.  
    DS1 - 9/18/12
    DD1 - 3/23/16 - Survived for 1 Hour; Forever my Angel
    Baby #3 - EDD: 4/14/2017

• Thanks, all. Doctor's office called today- progesterone is at 13.1 and he wants it at 20 so advised to start progesterone suppositories today. I know very little about progesterone- is this really low? To make matters worse the only pharmacy that has them is 1.25 hours away DH or I will be driving to get them later today when they're ready (they have to make them?). Asked if this is bad sign, ectopic again or early impending MC but he said just too soon to know. I asked for another beta today so will have that draw soon.  I hate hate hate all this not knowing. Sorry to bring it up over and over already I'm just so scared and on edge. We want this baby so badly

bevause of everything and now progesterone level and supplementation I've decided not to go on my trip. My friend was traveling for work and I was just tagging along for girl time. I just don't feel comfortable going, especially now. Friend is one of my dearest friends and is so supportive so no big deal there, she understands especially since she went through the ectopic with us too
  • @JillianLinn85 I started using Palmers cocoa butter lotion on my stomach and breasts towards the end of first tri with DD. I did get a a few stretch marks on my breasts once my milk came in. I didn't use anything with my second (loss) and nothing this time. I don't know if the lotion helped or not, but it smelled good! And it was winter so it helped with dry skin. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @1inthehopper because of my ectopic my dr checked my hcg with my next 2 pregnancies. It was 3 draws. Once my hcg was over 2,000 they did an u/s to be sure the pregnancy was in my uterus. With this pregnancy I didn't have it monitored. Having it done caused me more stress and anxiety. 
    I didn't have my progesterone checked but because of my previous losses my dr had me start supositories as soon as I got my bfp. 
    Fx your betas come back great! I'll try to answer any questions you have since I've been in your situation. 

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):  
    Hey ladies. New to this board but not the bump. I'm @waterfall213 s sister!
     I've had an ectopic in 2012 resulting in emergency surgery to remove a tube and ovary, a miscarriage last May and a blighted ovum and d&c in January of this year. After some blood tests I found out I have the MTHFR gene mutation.
    I do have 1 living 3yr old ds born via csection. 

2. How far along are you? EDD? 
    9w6d. 4/19

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    I'll be 1/4 of the way through my pregnancy tomorrow! 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to:
    Getting to 2nd tri. 

5. Questions: 

6. GTKY: What do you like to do to relax?
    Watch Netflix
  • @1inthehopper my progesterone was a 17 and my doctor wasn't concerned and I didn't have to get supplements - I'm not sure if your lab uses different units of measure though. Sorry you have to drive so far away to get them. We are all rooting for your bean! 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):  I am not sure if I've done an intro here.  I have a 4 yr old DD, had a loss this past march.  I'm 35 (will be 36 in Nov)

2. How far along are you? EDD?  8w3d EDD 4/30/17

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: I've been such a slacker about working out.  I was so good up until about 6 weeks and now it's been difficult to be motivated.

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to:  Today is actually a milestone of sorts, it was 8w3d we found out last time that the baby stopped growing at 6w.  

5. Questions: If you had Materniti21, when did they send you for the test?  They mentioned I'll get it, but didn't specify when

6. GTKY: What do you like to do to relax? Watch cheesy TV shows or play video games

DD Born 5.9.12

MC March 2016@8.5w

Expecting #2 4/30/17

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • 2. How far along are you? EDD?   37w5d early induction on 10/1 due to GD

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms:  I'm enormous!  Really.

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: Birth!

5. Questions: Nah, I'm good

6. GTKY: What do you like to do to relax?  Lately, I sit in the nursery and fold clothes or rearrange things.  Normally though (up until this month)  I'd go hiking.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @dam0ne4   With my first I had it at 13 weeks, with this baby 10 weeks. From seeing what others post, 10 weeks seems to be the norm. 
  • @MWoodside @amwangel @waterfall213 as an update--my Doppler came in today and I found the hb! Yay! It will be so reassuring to have one now. 
  • That's awesome! @HGRich

BabyFruit Ticker

• Woohoo @HGRich!

@andrea0418 That's so cool that you have a sister who gets what you've gone through. (Not that you WANT to have both experienced this, but I have 3 sisters who have no clue what loss, especially recurrent loss is like. <3 

A

• @amwangel, @andrea0418 and I are best friends and very supportive of each other. Our losses are much different, but it is nice to have someone who understands PGAL brain. Our family has been through so much trying to get outside babies.

BabyFruit Ticker