October 2016 Moms

GD Check In - 9.19

Sorry for the quick post! Little man came yesterday and I'm awake for a bit!

How are your numbers?

How many weeks are you?

What is something you can't wait to do after your LO is here?
DS born 2016

Re: GD Check In - 9.19

• How are your numbers?
    They were pretty good this week!

How many weeks are you?
    Delivered at 37 weeks, 6 days!

The first breastfeeding was a learning experience but so wonderful!
    DS born 2016
  • Congrats @MrsB627! How are Parker's sugars? Glad you were able to feed him!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • How are your numbers? Pretty good. I had a spike of 161 on Saturday after eating out. I had half of a crispy chicken salad and an unsweet tea. I'm totally baffled by this. I hate that one time I can eat something and my number is fine and then next time I eat the exact same thing I spike.

How many weeks are you? 34w4d

What is something you can't wait to do after your LO is here? I just can't wait to kiss her and smell her and snuggle her! I'm also really anxious to see DD interact with her baby sister. She's so excited to meet her. Besides baby-related things, I can't wait to eat a donut and have a glass of wine, lol.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @MrsB627 Congratulations! I'm glad he is back with you and breastfeeding is going well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Delivered at 36 weeks 5 days and DS is good! He had low blood sugar the first few hours, but they held steady after his first feeding. He weighed in at 7lbs 15oz-so we're sure he would've been over 9lbs had come full term. Surprisingly, the last ultrasound only had him at 6.1 pounds so it was off by over a pound and a half. 
  • Congrats @sgrho2! I'm glad his sugars are good. I never trust growth scans. I've heard they can be off by 2 pounds in either direction.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @waterfall213 - Do you think they maybe brought you unsweet tea instead of sweet tea by mistake?  I had a spike that I'm almost sure was caused by an accidental sweetened instead of unsweetened coffee.  I agree that it's frustrating to eat the same things and have different numbers!  Most of the time I'm pretty consistent but occasionally I'm surprised.

@sgrho2  - Eeeeeeeeeeeee!  Congrats on your baby and glad everyone is doing well!

@MrsB627 - HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So glad baby is here and healthy and back with you?

How are your numbers?  Pretty darn good actually.  Avoided a spike all last week.  Popped a random high-ish 94 fasting but I'm pretty sure that was exhaustion due to being out too late for a concert and they've been low 80s since then so I'm not too concerned.  Very bored with my food choices, very ready to be done, but I seem to have a pretty good handle on how to keep this under control for now.

How many weeks are you?  34 + 3.  So close and yet so far .  .  . 

What is something you can't wait to do after your LO is here?  I can't wait to hold and meet baby.  The days seem to be moving pretty slowly for the most part.  I also can't wait to dive headfirst into carbs if I'm being honest .  .  . I have a list of foods that I want after delivery.  I will get back to healthy eating eventually but the first 1-2 weeks after delivery are going to be no holds barred.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DH and I:  Early/mid 30s
    Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP 11/21/15 -- MC confirmed 12/1/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • waterfall213waterfall213 member
    edited September 2016
    @simcal18 I guess it's possible that there was some sweetener in the tea, although it didn't taste overly sweet.

I also have a list of carby food that I want once baby is here! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• How are your numbers? decent - not many over, and not much over

How many weeks are you? 36½

What is something you can't wait to do after your LO is here? Dealing with the baby is actually something I'm both looking forward to and completely anxious about. Of course, the eating regular food thing is something that I have no fears about whatsoever! Give me oreos and Hershey sundae pie!

• How are your numbers? All over the place this week. No idea why
    How many weeks are you? 36½

eat all of the things
    have a beer
    lay comfortably in my bed
  • @sgrho2 congratulations!! 

Thank you for the congrats ladies! He came out of the NICU around 4am yesterday and hasn't left my room since :) breastfeeding is way harder than I thought but we will get it!

DS born 2016
  • Congrats new mamas!!!

How are your numbers? They're pretty good, considering I've been confined to eating at home. Doc says no more restaurants because I kept spiking. 

How many weeks are you? 38 +2

What is something you can't wait to do after your LO is here? lol... @klv I thought I was going to be the only one to say "HAVE A DRINK" as my answer to this question. I'm not a beer drinker, but I am looking forward to a nice glass of wine and some mai tais. ***CHEERS!***    Funny thing is, I'm really not usually much of a drinker, but I suppose I want what I can't have. 

Also... eat all of the carrot cake and pizza and sushi under the sun. 

And of course, snuggle my little guy. That's a given though! 

Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • How are your numbers?
    All evened out! Hazel only had one low number, but the staff supplemented with donor milk and she leveled out. 

How many weeks are you?
    Delivered at 36 + 6

I can't wait to do her newborn photos, I'm hoping my husband wants to help me with them today. 
  • Getting so close for the rest of you ladies!! 

@nataliemaephotography I still did the hospital photos because I'm a sucker lol but I'm doing Parker's newborn photos at home too! He wound up being so much smaller than planned that he doesn't fit in his outfits so my Mom ran and picked up premie sizes so I'm debating on waiting but I know the first two weeks are best!
    DS born 2016
  • missmaehurtmissmaehurt member
    edited September 2016
    @MrsB627 I wasn't going to do the hospital photos because they're always so horrible, but the minute I saw the slideshow with her name and stats I broke down and bought it. I didn't get any prints though because I had already bought the props to do hers, but like yours she's mostly too small for the things I had planned.
  • Congrats to all you new moms! My husband told me I need to stop checking in on your board because the fact that some of you have gone at 36/37 weeks has the reality hitting home. My DS was born at 37 weeks though so I won't be surprised if this one is at least that early. That means a baby the week before Christmas :) However, with that said, I would much rather go naturally at 37 weeks than be induced 2 weeks later.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Congrats to all the new moms!

I'm so late this week responding.  I've been trying to run all of my last minute errands.  The babies are coming next week for me!

How are your numbers?  A few highs, but most of them were just over my limit.  I made it through without having to go on meds!  If I were going a few more weeks, they probably would have started me on them this week though, but this time was much better than my first pregnancy with GD.  I was on insulin by 15 or so weeks with DS. 

How many weeks are you?  37+5 w/ twins, and today's my last day of work before maternity leave starts Monday!!!!  :)

What is something you can't wait to do after your LO is here?  Eat all the carbs!  No really, I'd love to just have my body back, and be able to bend over, shave my legs, roll over in bed, etc.  I'm measuring 46 weeks if on the singleton scale, and I'm so over being pregnant.  I so wish I had energy to nest, but nesting will have to wait until we all get back home.  I just can't physically do much at this point, and it's been like this for weeks.