October 2016 Moms

Re: FFFC 09.23.16

• Loading the player...
  • I will take this into strong consideration. Especially now that I am beginning to suspect that I am going to end up alone and abandoned on TB if I don't!
  • I've been catching up on last season's Big Bang Theory while at work this week. Next is Grey's. I'm hoping to get a little caught up on my shows if I ever get downtime on this maternity leave. Here's hoping right?
  • @MRSCORKER @ibabyloveb87 I, too, am fascinated by the Duggars and tend to hate watch them as well.  I only really catch them here and there, but when I do, I'm hooked and yell at the TV the entire time.  Like, what kind of religion says no pants?? And, why, WHY so many children?  And is it their main goal to get married before the age of 20?  I, too, like to be all, "to each their own - no judgies" but I just can't wrap my brain around the whole thing. 
  • MRSCORKER @ibabyloveb87  LMNOBaby  I share some of this fascination with the Duggar family too.  I think a large part has started since We now live so close to Branson, MO where the Duggar family often visits.  I secretly hope when we go to Branson that we'll see them out and about somewhere.    
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hate watch the Kardashians sometimes. As well as Real Housewives. Those shows just bewilder me that people can get paid to act like that and do that, and yet I'm sort of jealous of some of their life styles. So it's definitely a love-hate relationship that I can't stop watching once a marathon is on. 
  • Real Housewives is my guilty pleasure. I don't have cable and Hulu is kind of weird about which seasons/episodes you can stream, but I definitely indulge in a marathon session once or twice a year. 
  • Because of GD and a previous loss I won't go past 39 weeks. I'm really hoping to make it to my induction though. My FFC is that I'm afraid of going into labor on my own. I've had 2 successful inductions and I know what to expect. What if I go into labor and don't make it to the hospital?! Yes, I'm crazy. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• I enjoy watching the Duggars but don't understand a lot of their beliefs either, but to each their own. The Kardasians are stupid but I can't help but watch them sometimes.

I want this baby to come out but at the same time I want my maternity leave to last through the holidays. So I hope he keeps cooking but my body is so tired.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I started out my day by eating oreos before 8am. 
    were they the limited edition pumpkin spice ones? If not, they should have been lol ;)
  • My FFFC: I saw the trailer for the next 50 Shades and I'm super pumped for a boozy night out with friends in February watching the trashy sequel.  It's not Oscar-worthy cinema, but I don't care.  I also read the books and thought they were a good mindless read.  Totally not ashamed.

@sjo_thetwins I watch the Kardashians and most of the housewives, too (I draw the line at NJ and Melbourne though).  I'll watch pretty much any show on Bravo.  I love Flipping Out, even though Jeff Lewis is kind of an a-hole, I still sorta love him.

Baby BOY due 10-8-16
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @sidecarsareforbishes We did a great Gal-entines date for the first one. Lunch with alcohol then movie and out for more drinks after. Maybe we can recreate this year, except more of us have kids so it might include less (but still some!) alcohol. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @ibabyloveb87 Having kids is all the more reason to have a night out with friends drinking!  But yeah, hangovers with littles at home is no fun.  I learned that the hard way.

Baby BOY due 10-8-16
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • kmolleltzkmolleltz member
    edited September 2016
    mrszoess said:
    i'm not gonna post any pics of violet after an announcement on the bmb. the drastic influx of lurkers is creeping me out, but she will be on fb :) 
    I am kind of feeling the same way. @AllyTheKid I guess you're gonna have to get Facebook if you wanna see our squishies  :)
    I am also feeling this way. 

eta : Also I feel like the bump is where people would come to steal baby photos and so that's kinda my reasoning? Which I know doesn't make a ton of sense. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • CopperBoom86CopperBoom86 member
    edited September 2016

My FFFC is I'm not worried about people seeing my birth announcement or baby pic. I mean there is piles out there so why steal mine and babies somewhat all look the same when they first come out so really fly at it creepers. You don't know who I am or where I live and since there is no genitals I don't think I have anything to worry about.
    Same! I mean, I get that there are catfish, trolls, and randos out there, but what could someone do with one photo of a baby? I'm guessing not much. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @bnsmith85 THEY WERE!!!!! I went on a hunt for them on Tuesday and haven't stopped eating them and Halloween creme ones too. :):):):)
  • @sidecarsareforbishes I can not wait for 50 Shades Darker. It will definitely be a GNO with yummy food and booze will definitely be involved. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• I watch the Kardashians, Rob and Chyna, and Teen Mom --- they are all train wrecks and I can't help it. Never watch the Duggers but I did watch Jon and Kate Plus 8. LOL 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• +1 for not posting baby's photo on TB announcement thread. Sorries. I still haven't done HDBD (like ever, not in my last BMB either) BUT maybe next week, if she's still an inside baby. 

After what happened with my old BMB after the mass TB exodus, I might join the FB group though. Not that I think another exodus will happen, but the BMB changes SO MUCH after babies are here, you guys. 
  • one picture is one picture. but i just don't want to expose my kid or myself after she's here...i'm a pretty open book but i don't trust lurkers we can't monitor
  • @SpaceBurger ... My neighbor/friend text me this morning about them bc she just found out they exist. Needless to say, she was super excited when she found out I already have some at the house... That I'm willing to share :)