October 2016 Moms

Symptoms Thread 9/19

Re: Symptoms Thread 9/19

• Oh Jeezus Gawd, I didn't think this kid could drop any lower... WRONG. 

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks @ibabyloveb87 That is what my doc is telling me too although it seriously feels like this kid is trying to claw her way out of me!
    Me (35) & DH (35)
    Married: August 2009
    DD #1 born 6/12/14
    DD #2 born 10/31/16
    BFP 7/26/18 - EDD 4/6/19
  • @ByeBabyBunting Hahaha I was just telling someone how I can't help but spill almost every meal. I guess before the bump it would have just fallen to the floor?? Or does pregnancy make you messier? 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • At this point im used to my finger and toe joints aching, but today my jaw?? And get your minds out of the gutter, no BJs. 

Also, I've been having stomach pains since last night, like up top, above the bump. 
  • This post cervical check spotting and cramping is making me unhappy. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Kittens22Kittens22 member
    edited September 2016
    @books&icecream @bnsmith85 yes, same - always on the left side, around the ribs! My husband suggested maybe loose cartilage from the baby kicking? But most likely just gas in weird places... who knows. I'll ask my doctor next week cause I forgot to on Tuesday. it really BURNS tho!!!!!!!!!!!
  • @samkins I've been having pains since this afternoon along the sides of my stomach. They're not consistent and they don't last very long. And they don't seem to fit the contraction definition. What the heck are they?! This is along with ligament pain and the usual back pain. It's fun....
  • A symptom I have just noticed ... skin tags. Anyone? 
    Yes! I noticed them under my breasts a few days ago in the shower. 
  • ashleyp625  Yeah, I found them on my boobs, armpits and neck. Just came out of nowhere. We so sexy. 
  • A symptom I have just noticed ... skin tags. Anyone? 
    Yup! Not happy about those lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

• ok mucus plug question: and tmi lol

for the past 3 days but mostly the last 12 hours i've noticed random bouts of thicker discharge than normal.
    the consistency of ultrasound gel but super clear. 

i haven't had anything like this the entire time: is this the right consistency to be part
    of my plug or is my body just having a grand ol
    time? 
  • This post cervical check spotting and cramping is making me unhappy. 
    @mrshudson2014 - I had this so bad on my first cervical check. I was convinced that the second one would send me into labor. BUT, the second one was a breeze ... Not painful and no cramping or spotting. Just wanted to offer hope that maybe next time won't be so bad!
  • LauraPCOS said:
    A symptom I have just noticed ... skin tags. Anyone? 
    Yup! Not happy about those lol
    Omg yes I literally just spotted me them today in my armpits and a few on my boobs! Weird!
  • I have a headache this morning which isn't starting the day off well. I don't know if it's a symptom or just from being tired. I have managed to not take anything this entire pregnancy so upping the water and hoping it helps. 
  • mothernorthmothernorth member
    edited September 2016
    @mrszoess It really depends, once I hit 37 weeks the mucous started to flow like a fountain  (disgusting, but true), but the actual plug is still put. The consistency you describe leads me to believe that it's just the "closer to show time" discharge, but I could be wrong!

You guise, my belly doesn't look like MY belly anymore... he dropped down so far yesterday my whole shape changed. 
  • @allythekid i'll takenwhat i can get 
  • @AllyTheKid Holy crap I forgot I had a dream about you the other day!! You had your baby boy and was bringing him home.  That's the second time I've dreamt you've had him....I'm starting to feeling creepy lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Very painful tightening on my upper abdominal, around my ribs. This is new. WTH
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Very painful tightening on my upper abdominal, around my ribs. This is new. WTH
    +1 for this  :s

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

I had the same problem and was afraid it was preeclampsia so went to the doctor, it was because my uterus is growing it is pushing on the rib causing inflammation, there is a technical term for it but nothing you can do about it. Mine comes and goes depending on the day and activity level.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Kittens22 said:
    @books&icecream @bnsmith85 yes, same - always on the left side, around the ribs! My husband suggested maybe loose cartilage from the baby kicking? But most likely just gas in weird places... who knows. I'll ask my doctor next week cause I forgot to on Tuesday. it really BURNS tho!!!!!!!!!!!
    that's so weird... esp that we're all having it in the same place. Let me know what your MD says. I know I'll forget to ask lol
  • edited September 2016
    Very painful tightening on my upper abdominal, around my ribs. This is new. WTH
    I had the same problem and was afraid it was preeclampsia so went to the doctor, it was because my uterus is growing it is pushing on the rib causing inflammation, there is a technical term for it but nothing you can do about it. Mine comes and goes depending on the day and activity level.
    Thank you! I figured it had something to do with that. And like you, it depends on how he's moving and my activity level as well. But OUCH it's painful. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• I have crazy rib pains on the right side by the end of the day because that's where his tiny heiny likes to sit. And then he likes to kick/knee check the other side. I wasn't concerned about it being more because I'm always pain-free when I wake up but ready to rip out my rib cage when I lay down at night lol.
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • @LauraPCOS I hope it's some psychic premonition and little man exits my womb soon! ;)

To those of you having upper abdominal tightening and cramping- That's how my contractions began with LO about 2 weeks before he was born. They started high, top of the belly towards the ribs, then moved from the back to the lower abdomen so they weren't exactly text book and that may be what's going on with you as well.
  • edited September 2016
    @LauraPCOS I hope it's some psychic premonition and little man exits my womb soon! ;)

To those of you having upper abdominal tightening and cramping- That's how my contractions began with LO about 2 weeks before he was born. They started high, top of the belly towards the ribs, then moved from the back to the lower abdomen so they weren't exactly text book and that may be what's going on with you as well.
    Well then!!  :o Thankfully we are getting our car seat put in tomorrow and setting up the pack n play. I will finish packing our bags tonight and get those in the car, JUST in case. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @sportiegrl1213 Better safe than sorry! 
  • Well I just got a call from my Dr office that my Strep B culture was contaminated by Quest on it's way to the lab. Like really?! So now I have to get a repeat Strep B again next Thursday. Good times. Way to go Quest  >:) 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @sportiegrl1213 that's so annoying! 

Is feeling extremely bitchy a symptom. Cause I feel like I could rip someone's head off today and I'm usually pretty calm, cool and collected. Everything is setting me off today. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @CopperBoom86 I'm starting to get why this DTAP seems to be the shot from hell! I got it Wednesday night and besides feeling a bit bruised it was fine, was even able to sleep on it, well yesterday it was still tender, but by the evening it started to swell and now it has that achy throbbing feeling like it's trying to rip my arm out of my shoulder socket! WTF! It making it a challenge to sleep because no matter the position it aches
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Mine is sore too @LauraPCOS ... tender to touch 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

Must just be different reactions to the vaccine. I got mine on Tuesday afternoon and my arm was a little sore up to yesterday and back to normal today 

for or those that got theirs at CVS or the like- did you need a prescription?
    It's funny mine isn't tender to the touch anymore, just achy/throbbing AF! I might have to resort to a Tylenol tonight because I didn't sleep well last night and with my luck this baby will want to come when I'm the least rested
    Pregnancy Ticker

• bnsmith85 said:
    Mine is sore too @LauraPCOS ... tender to touch 
    Must just be different reactions to the vaccine. I got mine on Tuesday afternoon and my arm was a little sore up to yesterday and back to normal today 

for or those that got theirs at CVS or the like- did you need a prescription?
    I had mine at CVS Minute Clinic and they didn't ask for a prescription. My dr had given one but they never asked to see it.  
  • i just made an appt online to do mine at the minute clinic sunday AM. DH is so excited. 
  • These damn migraines!!! ( reason why I haven't been posting so often the past two weeks) 
    Pregnancy Ticker