December 2016 Moms

Yarn Moms

I know there was a thread awhile back where we were talking knit/crochet and other crafts but damn I can't find it.  who's working on what, and what pattern are you using?  I need some inspiration.
I've made this pattern and this pattern for both my girls before they were born.  both super easy patterns. 
done a couple of sweaters and skirts but it's been a few years.
share what you've made and maybe we can inspire each other.

Re: Yarn Moms

• I'm making this blanket:  https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bounce-6

And this sweater:  https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-sophisticate-2

The blanket is on the needles and I bought yarn for the sweater yesterday.  I really like how the blanket is looking, pretty easy but not a mindless pattern.  I'm excited for the sweater!  I also have a pattern for a vest and I'll probably make a few hats.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• I am knitting a chevron coral&grey blanket. I have also pieces a quilt front together. I'll link and add pics when not on mobile.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm working on a blanket right now that is just a big granny square.  I am not the greatest crocheter, lol.
  • I'm not crocheting anything for Squish since MIL is making the coming home outfit, SIL is making a lovely and friend is making a blanket. But once I get back from my trip I'm starting to cross stitch the birth announcement. Not for mine, but rather a friend's baby, but I made this one earlier in the month. 

Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Blockfour said:
    I'm working on a blanket right now that is just a big granny square.  I am not the greatest crocheter, lol.
    Teach me, please? I can't ever figure out how to do granny squares

• @Kate08Young I am an awful teacher but it is pretty much the only thing I can do.  I can chain, single and double stitch.  That's all I got, lol.
  • I've got legwarmers, hats, and kimono-style sweaters bookmarked on Ravelry. It's just been too hot to want to pick up a project, but I'm going to get started soon.
  • @cayaylonglegs I love the mermaid tail!  omg I must make one now for the sole purpose of photos.  what pattern did you follow?
  • I have an afghan I need to finish. And I'm currently sewing curtains for his room. As much as I'd love to craft more for him I have a lot of family and friends who have already told me they are making things for him so I'm going to wait until my showers are over.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • https://www.365crochet.com/2015/09/mermaid-fish-tail-treat-bags-free.html?m=1

@zubenescamali - I guess I loosely follows this pattern. I'm actually terrible at deciphering patterns so I usually just mimic pictures to the best of my ability.

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • ugh. for some reason I hate working hdc. it's not like it's a difficult stitch but i find everything i make in hdc just doesn't turn out "right".  it's a pretty stitch so maybe i just need to practice it more lol. 
  • Here is what my chevron blanket should look like, except only 2 colors. 

• I have major envy for all of your crafty abilities ladies!!

@cayaylonglegs I have that Wall-E sitting in the closet in the nursery! Hopefully one day this LO will want to play with it :) 
  • I've got legwarmers, hats, and kimono-style sweaters bookmarked on Ravelry. It's just been too hot to want to pick up a project, but I'm going to get started soon.
    I agree @mysteryship
    I have to get inspired to knit with some cooler weather! 
    I am planning on making two pairs of felt booties and I need to make a girl newborn hat. 
    I don't have time for a blanket, so I'm going to sew a flannel swaddle and a cozy one for the car seat. Once we know who this little one is I'll probably make a bigger hat, booties and maybe some Woolie pants. 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• I love the fox hat! 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @BabyRobbinsAdventure - That walle was one of the first gifts DH got for me when we were dating. That movie gives me so many emotions!

I've made probably about 7 hats in the past month and none of them are for me or baby girl. I should really make her something!

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers