April 2017 Moms

FFFC

What are your spicy hot confessions this week, ladies??

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • @schef070911 I've been wearing my maternity pants for a week now. There's no going back. My normal ones were just too uncomfortable. No point in being miserable! 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @mamabear2015 Same. I keep hinting at things I'd like DH to clean, exaggerating how tired or nauseated I am, but he's not getting the hint. I may have to cave in and do a deep clean this weekend. But I confess, I want to milk the first tri as much as I can before I start feeling a lot better. Haha! 
  • @Mama5181

Same here, our 2.5yr old sleeps with us.  We're going to transition him when the new baby gets here.  The extra bedroom (soon to be nursery) is right next to his room.  We're getting him a loft type bed, so we can stick a twin mattress underneath.  There I will sleep (so he knows Mom is there with him) and I'll also be able to hear the baby and be close by to be able to nurse.  This way he will also learn that baby is sleeping in his/her own bed (crib) and he needs to too!  Me moving out however, is going to pose another challenge...we'll see when we get there!
  • We are announcing tomorrow. I will be 11 weeks tomorrow. A couple of people know, but the only one in our family who knows is SIL, because we live with her. We decided to just wait and tell everyone at once. Last time around announcing was horrible. DD was not planned and we were both in college, etc. Things are currently not turning out as great as I hoped they would job/money/future wise, but we are definitely in a better place than last time. I am absolutely nervous to the point of wanting to throw up thinking about telling everyone tomorrow. Seriously, I could hardly sleep last night. I know that it shouldn't matter that much to me what other people think. But, just once I would love to have one of those experiences that you see on youtube. The mom and dad (grandparents) are so happy that they are crying and everyone is hugging and stuff. I watch those videos and just weep wishing that could be me so bad. So, we did't give them the privilege of knowing before everyone else this time. I think they might be a little annoyed with that, but oh well. Tomorrow is DD's birthday and my mom's. Before her party I am giving my mom a present which is an ultrasound in a frame. And then during the party DD will open a present from DH and I that will be a shirt that says "best sister". And then everyone else will know, including DH's family. I am trying not to psych myself out and change the plan and just tell them really quick before the party.

Anyway... FFFC is that I care way to much about people's reaction and want to throw up or run away from it all. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrsstuessy Girl, I feel you about the anxiety. DH and I are 30 and 31 respectively and most of our families were younger than us when they began having kids, and yet for some reason I was incredibly nervous about their reaction.  DH and I have A LOT up in the air next year regarding what jobs we will have, where we will be moving after he graduates, etc. so I think that probably had something to do with it.

I think your plan sounds adorable and I'll be sending you good thoughts tomorrow!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @schef070911 Such a relief to hear I'm not alone in my anxiety. (although also sorry you have to feel the same way) DH graduated with his masters in May and has been unable to find a job in his field. He recently got a job at a company that he worked at before that isn't awesome, but we are going to be looking for an apartment next month and making it work. DD is already 3 and I didn't want to put off having a sibling for her until we were settled and DH has a good job because that could easily be another year. So again, not ideal, but workable. We can be poor for a little while. Having a family is really, really important to us. Everything else has to just work around that right now. 

Thanks for the thoughts. Honestly, your words are really needed right now. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kcasset For the first few weeks I was having ham almost everyday. Then, I had my first appointment and my Dr said deli meat is bad and H was there... so now I only get it once a week or so. I feel like I live off of deli meat and a sandwich is all I want to eat :
  • Got out of work slightly early today and am currently sitting on the couch watching tv and bumping. No plans of telling DH that I was home early. I am sure I will just end up complaining about how much needs to be done when he gets home like I didn't have the time to do it!
  • If all you ladies are eating the good stuff I might as well too!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Donuts and iced coffee for breakfast.
    DS born 9/13/2012
    BFP#5: 8/21/2016
  • @LittleChick2 - yeah, I have been full on craving Jimmy John's. I figured it better to freaking eat then dry heave looking at everything else. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Just texted my husband: I think weekly pizza is a tradition we should bring back. At least in pregnancy. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @catem07, pizza has been the one thing that has sounded good the whole time when other things haven't - I could eat it at least once a week...at least!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @catem07 @mylittleirvz DH banned pizza for about 2 weeks because we ate it so often. Its the carbs!!!
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @kcasset Jimmy Johns is my favorite! If only I could convince H that I'm not going to get listeria, in the mean time I'm living off of pb&j
  • @mrsstuessy Will be thinking of you tomorrow - let us know how it goes.

I eat deli sandwiches every week but that's not my confession. 

My parents are republicans and can't stand Hillary. We try to avoid discussing politics with them because it doesn't end well. However, my mom and I share a sense of humor. She was just visiting and I stuck this pin on her bag before she left. She was halfway home before realizing

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tinkerbell413 no no no I've been doing it wrong. 

• @TheJerilu was it you that mentioned a book about food freedom in pregnancy?  It was a while ago but I don't remember the thread and not sure how to search it without knowing the name...I'd be curious to look into that if it was you!

I'm all about reducing the rules, and therefore anxiety, during pregnancy!
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @cafedisco are you talking about Expecting Better? The author of that book definitely discards most of the food hype based on statistical likelihood of it actually causing a problem. 

• @TheJerilu I love some scientifically backed numbers. Especially if it lowers my guilt for wanting deli meat on the regular.
    imagelogan and ruthieLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • catem07 said:
    @cafedisco are you talking about Expecting Better? The author of that book definitely discards most of the food hype based on statistical likelihood of it actually causing a problem. 

Sounds like it! I'll have to check it out!
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • cafedisco said:
    @TheJerilu was it you that mentioned a book about food freedom in pregnancy?  It was a while ago but I don't remember the thread and not sure how to search it without knowing the name...I'd be curious to look into that if it was you!

I'm all about reducing the rules, and therefore anxiety, during pregnancy!
    I wasn't the initial person to recommend it, but I did pick up a copy and read it cover to cover.  @catem07 is correct, "Expecting Better" by Emily Oster.  She's got a PhD in economics from Harvard and already spends her living studying health statistics, so she applied her knowledge to commonly dispensed pregnancy advice after being confounded while carrying her first child.  Best thing is that the book has pages and pages of citations at the end - I have a huge brain crush on her.  I also like that she basically adds to all of her conclusions, "These are the numbers.  You may decide that it's not worth the risk and that's fine, or you may decide I'm being too conservative and keep doing what you're doing.  Please just be educated about your choice."

I use the book as a starting point (or final say if I'm kind of indifferent on an issue), and do continued research.  The listeria thing really interested me so I did a lot of additional digging - always fun!

Totally worth the Amazon price.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • Yeah, I've had turkey sandwiches and sushi in the last week. Ain't no shame in my game. If my stomach will let me eat it, I'm not letting some miniscule chance of harm get in the way of actual nutrition!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cafedisco it looks like you may know the book now, but that was in the weekly pregnancy chatter post from the past week. I had to search for it because I wanted to find a title that was mentioned too. 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• My grandmother was told  - by her doctor - that smoking helped with morning sickness. She also did not stop drinking during pregnancy, but she only had wine with dinner every night.

My Mom smoked marijuana with me and my siblings because that really did help with the morning sickness. 

I'm not going to freak out over some deli meat or fruit. My last pregnancy I only drank a 12 oz bottle of hard apple cider at a party and a glass of red wine with 7Up (surprisingly tasty) at a wedding and I don't smoke. My kid is fine. 

DS born 9/13/2012
    BFP#5: 8/21/2016