October 2016 Moms

Unpopular Opinion 9/22

Yeah I know pregnancy is spelled wrong. Give us your opinions of the unpopular variety!

Re: Unpopular Opinion 9/22

• Loading the player...
  • @CopperBoom86 I'm the same. About 20 different doctors and midwives work out of my hospitals birthing center, so the chances of my OB being the one to deliver me are probably slim. As long as it's a Henry Ford Doctor, I trust them. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• I agree that celebrity gossip is a waste of time. Really, who cares. 

No matter who wins the election, America is pretty much screwed. 
  • @CopperBoom86 @kmolleltz Agree on the celebrity crap. I 1000% don't care and it bothers me that the Brad Pitt stuff is top news on google right now.

My UO, I'm super glad I'm having a scheduled c-section this time around. I don't want to do the labor thing again and even though it's surgery, I'd rather my abdomen heal than my vag.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Puts on flame suit. 
    I've actually enjoyed being pregnant this time and don't want it to end. 
    This is actually me until the last 2 weeks or so. I always wondered what people were complaining about..oh I found it! So over it now. But I do like eating whatever I want without judgment....
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @AllyTheKid  AGREED! They're SO tacky! If you must have a big wedding, save up, otherwise go to the court house. You want people to pay for your party, and then they'll also be expected to get you a gift? No.

I felt bad having a registry and getting gifts for my wedding, I KNOW that's silly, but I felt weird having people give me stuff just because I got married. Don't get me wrong... I gladly and graciously accepted said gifts. Just felt odd. 

Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • @ibabyloveb87 I can't live without cruise control because I have a lead foot otherwise  :D I'm with you on your other comment. I've been pretty lucky so far, but the last two weeks have shown me what I've been missing in full force! 
  • @ignoscemihi - That's totally understandable. With this being my first, I have no previous experiences, good or bad, so I'm all "whatevs" about it. My opinion on the matter could very well change if I have an experience like yours. I don't need a doctor to "hold my hand," but some communication would be nice! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • serenaxo84serenaxo84 member
    edited September 2016
    My doctor didn't deliver DS because it was an emergency c section and it was okay. This time around I really want my OB to deliver- but it's because I have a condition and I don't feel super comfortable with someone not familiar with my case operating on me. There is only one doctor I met in the hospital that I would be comfortable with oddly though! He isn't in my practice. I don't even know if I would be comfortable with the doctor that delivered DS.

also +1 on the go fund mes. A lot of them actually annoy the crap out me. It also bothers me that the company takes some of the donation $$.
  • @Julia70286 I totally feel you on that! Except that is how I've felt about my baby showers. I just feel weird getting gifts from other people because I decided I wanted a baby. Everyone has been very nice though :)

• @allythekid people do WHAT????? oh hell no. 

also: full serve gas FTW ( @scostel2 is right)
  • @ibabyloveb87 I am a hurting unit some days but I like my round belly, I don't have to try to suck in and look good. I enjoy the freedom of unprotected sex without any worries, my nice shiny hair that grows fast, feeling baby move around and of course the random people that make nice gestures for you when they see your big belly. 

Im excited to meet this baby too don't give me wrong but I'm totally content to leave him cooking as long as he wants. 

Beisdes the baby PP is a real TW. There is not a whole lot that's nice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @Schell2013 I liked being pregnant too up until about week 32 when I stopped sleeping, then it was all downhill from there. I feel ya in the beginning though!
  • @SpaceBurger I think a lot of my feels is cause hubs is getting snipped after this so there is no more babies coming. However this has been the most comfortable pregnancy I've ever had too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been enjoying pregnancy too... it went a hell of a lot better than I could have imagined. I'm enjoying the last few weeks since this will be my only pregnancy. I'll definitely miss feeling him moving, it's so surreal. But I'm so ready to meet my little man and have him in my arms... he just needs to sit tight for a few more weeks so I can be out on leave till after the new year, as much as I'm getting really uncomfy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• My UA - I don't understand the Jennifer Aniston obsession. I like her and all, but people go totally BSC over it and I just don't understand. Like with the Brangelina split, why are we bringing up Aniston? Didn't that all go down like a decade ago?

I don't know if this qualifies as a UO or FC, but I do not like being pregnant at all. The kicks and whatnot are fun, but I'd way rather have the baby snuggles. Basically all the rest is overrated, never actually happens (looking at you "pregnancy glow"), or is just miserable. 5 more weeks, 5 more weeks, 5 more weeks...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • My UA - I don't understand the Jennifer Aniston obsession. I like her and all, but people go totally BSC over it and I just don't understand. Like with the Brangelina split, why are we bringing up Aniston? Didn't that all go down like a decade ago?

I don't know if this qualifies as a UO or FC, but I do not like being pregnant at all. The kicks and whatnot are fun, but I'd way rather have the baby snuggles. Basically all the rest is overrated, never actually happens (looking at you "pregnancy glow"), or is just miserable. 5 more weeks, 5 more weeks, 5 more weeks...

+1 for not enjoying pregnancy. I have always wanted to be pregnant and I am grateful for it, but I don't want to do it again and I'm glad it's just about over. 
  • The only thing I like about being pregnant is not having a period. And the only thing I like about newborns is that they are mostly pretty cute. 
    *Disclaimer: I do love my kids fiercely, newborns are NOT my jam. Turns out they have to start out that way though. 
    ETA: also newborns have really yummy smelling heads. 

+1 to all of this. I had a pretty easy pregnancy and I hated it. I appreciate having had the experience, but a month or two was more than enough!! 
    And while I've never had my own newborn, babies younger than 3 months are basically just blobs. Yes, that's the scientific term ;) Along the same line, people who rave about how much their baby can "do" bother me.
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • @NoraAurora Are you a baby head licker?

My aunt, best friend, her sister, AND her mom all smelled my babies' heads then licked them. A bit odd in my book, but whatevs. Apparently it's fairly common compulsion?

@books&icecream You mean you're not impressed by how little Timmy is sitting up a month early and is so much more advanced than every other baby??

• @AllyTheKid  I get smelling the head but licking? What?
  • The only thing I like about being pregnant is not having a period. And the only thing I like about newborns is that they are mostly pretty cute. 
    *Disclaimer: I do love my kids fiercely, newborns are NOT my jam. Turns out they have to start out that way though. 
    ETA: also newborns have really yummy smelling heads. 

+1 to all of this. I had a pretty easy pregnancy and I hated it. I appreciate having had the experience, but a month or two was more than enough!! 
    And while I've never had my own newborn, babies younger than 3 months are basically just blobs. Yes, that's the scientific term ;)Along the same line, people who rave about how much their baby can "do" bother me.
    I could not possibly agree with this more!
  • @mizzkbrat Those were my exact sentiments at the time.
  • edited September 2016
    @NoraAurora Are you a baby head licker?

My aunt, best friend, her sister, AND her mom all smelled my babies' heads then licked them. A bit odd in my book, but whatevs. Apparently it's fairly common compulsion?

@books&icecream You mean you're not impressed by how little Timmy is sitting up a month early and is so much more advanced than every other baby??

I am SO not impressed. Especially because chances are good little Timmy's mom propped him against something before starting her rave and I'm there like uuuuh, you DO see the problem here...no? And then I'm the bad guy. 

Also, ew to head licking. I guess I could understand exhausted, delirious mom doing something like that right after labor, but licking someone else's baby?!? 

ETA @NoraAurora That made me lol. THAT'S a story I can believe ;)
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • NoraAurora AllyTheKid I'll gladly take my unique little guy and the awesome little stories I have about the random stuff he does :) Sure you're kid may be "so advanced" but I'll take whatever my kid throws at me any day. Kinda like this conversation with my son a couple weekends ago before going to an amusement park: Mommy: "Are you excited to go on rides?" Augustus: "Mommy can't go on rides, she's too fat." Daddy: "Did you just say mommy can't go on rides because she's too fat?" Augustus: "Yeah." Mommy & Daddy: *laughing hysterically* (Please note this was after Augustus this morning said he wanted mommy to go on rides with him and daddy told him mommy has baby brother in her tummy and can't go on rides.) Last night he found the Boppy pillow and was telling me all about what it was for - "mommy, look I'm going to go swimming" and "a hula-hoop"!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @allisonsmith6212 Those are the moments that TRULY count ;)