February 2017 Moms

UO Thursday 09/22

Re: UO Thursday 09/22

• My UO: Dogs don't have problems...I guess is how I'd word it.

My dog has serious anxiety. My dog doesn't always listen to me. Does your toddler always listen to you? No. I've put in countless hours with my pooch to help her just like you did for your kid. So back off, we are trying. if you don't want to take the time to help me train my dog (i.e 5 minutes to let her get used to you) don't ask to pet her and then tell me what I should do to make her "not scared".

Rant? yeah. end rant.  

Are you comparing dogs to toddlers? 
    lol I think she's comparing her dog to a toddler meaning it takes a bit of effort with new people. I get it, I have a dog with anxiety issues. Like with my toddler, it takes a few minutes of adjustment when meeting new people. 

Is that where you're going with it @jlellis603 ?
    Haha yeah pretty much. Also, people just generally assume all dogs are just calm quiet fluff balls who love to be pet. And that's not the case.  Sometimes I think that if my kid is half as easy to take care of as my dog, I'll be okay
  • One of my closest gfs took placenta pills and still had pretty shitty PPD. She likes to think it would of been worse without them but *shrug*
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you guys seen those placenta teddy bears? Nightmares. 
  • My UO is that I think a placenta is a beautiful and wonderful thing. But when it exists my body it is medical waste. I will not eat it or encapsulate it and I will judge the hell out of you if you make "placenta art." nope. just nope.
    Yikes yikes yikes. I am so fascinated with placentas and with both my girls examined them with the MW as I nursed. LOL. I think placenta art is really cool but I would never display it for others. It would maybe be a bbay book thing. I am heavily debating encapsulating my placenta this go around. And and and as a scientist it is my dream to do a large scale double blind study on the effects of placenta consumption.
    Will totally help you with that study! I'm not a scientist, but I'm a psychologist and we love blind studies!
    BabyFruit Ticker

My dog has serious anxiety. My dog doesn't always listen to me. Does your toddler always listen to you? No. I've put in countless hours with my pooch to help her just like you did for your kid. So back off, we are trying. if you don't want to take the time to help me train my dog (i.e 5 minutes to let her get used to you) don't ask to pet her and then tell me what I should do to make her "not scared".

Rant? yeah. end rant.  

lol I think she's comparing her dog to a toddler meaning it takes a bit of effort with new people. I get it, I have a dog with anxiety issues. Like with my toddler, it takes a few minutes of adjustment when meeting new people. 

Haha yeah pretty much. Also, people just generally assume all dogs are just calm quiet fluff balls who love to be pet. And that's not the case.  Sometimes I think that if my kid is half as easy to take care of as my dog, I'll

Stuck in box
    ****i don't think anyone thinks dogs are calm or quiet, but ok.....

Rant? yeah. end rant.  

Haha yeah pretty much. Also, people just generally assume all dogs are just calm quiet fluff balls who love to be pet. And that's not the case.  Sometimes I think that if my kid is half as easy to take care of as my dog, I'll be okay
    Huh? I'm confused by this analogy. And a kid is way more than twice the work of a pet. 
  • MommaBean said:

My UO: Dogs don't have problems...I guess is how I'd word it.

Rant? yeah. end rant.  

Huh? I'm confused by this analogy. And a kid is way more than twice the work of a pet. 
    Right? And people assume dogs are calm fluff balls? 

• Spicyweiner Spicyweiner member
    edited September 2016
    I can totes put a bowl of water and food outside and leave my kid out in the yard while I go about my day. 
    LOLZ. 
  • I love the new iOS 10. 
  • I love the new iOS 10. 
    Is this unpopular? I love getting sketches of dicks 
  • Oh, and re: Names- I have never told a parent my opinion of their child's name (I'm bitchy like the pp that just talks mad shit about their kid's name later in private). I also despise made up names like Jaimaison, wtf name is that? But the mother did look like she'd soon grow up to be a Maury star. I've gotten a few weird comments on my baby's name already Rosalie for the first name "aren't you afraid people will think you're copying Twilight?" Um. No. The name has been around a lot longer than the books/movie and no one will even know what that shitty series was when my kid is 20. And Joelle for the middle name "wow, did you make that up by yourself?" Also no. Is Rosalie Joelle really that shitty? I'm just going to stop telling people her name until after she's born. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jlellis603jlellis603 member
    edited September 2016
    Just saying my dog is a challenge, that's all.
  • My UO is that I think a placenta is a beautiful and wonderful thing. But when it exists my body it is medical waste. I will not eat it or encapsulate it and I will judge the hell out of you if you make "placenta art." nope. just nope.
    Yikes yikes yikes. I am so fascinated with placentas and with both my girls examined them with the MW as I nursed. LOL. I think placenta art is really cool but I would never display it for others. It would maybe be a bbay book thing. I am heavily debating encapsulating my placenta this go around. And and and as a scientist it is my dream to do a large scale double blind study on the effects of placenta consumption.
    As long as I don't have to see it hung on a wall in your house, you do you, peaches! When I hear or see placenta art I think of that woman who did paintings made from her menstrual blood and pubes. or the guy that paints with his penis. yuck.

Also, PLEASE do that study. I would love to see some real data-- not just "I feel like it worked for me!"
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger H and I have our anatomy scan on Tuesday, and if it's a girl, we decided on Rosalie Claire. H is absolutely in love with the name, but I don't think he has any idea about the twilight reference. Honestly, I forgot until now :/ I say we both stick with it! 
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger @srscott3 I've never seen twilight. How do you pronounce it? Rose-alie or Roz-alie ? 
  • @srscott3 sorry to remind you of the Twilight reference! I still think it's an absolutely gorgeous name and I totally agree! Rosalie Claire is beautiful by the way. I'm still kind of iffy on the middle name I've chosen. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @homemake I suppose it could go either way! But we're pronouncing it Rose-alie. I also liked Rosalind from Shakespeare's "as you like it" which is pronounced Roz-alind. But I couldn't get hubby on board with it. Haha probably for the better!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @homemake I tend to pronounce the S as more of an S. So like Rosa-lee. H pronounces it with a Z. So Roza-lee. I don't think there's a right or wrong way though

@LivingLaVidaGinger it's more H's pick than mine, but I think it's beautiful also :) and I think Rosalie Joelle is beautiful too! I know a Joelle and I've always loved her name 
  • UO: Going on vacation with little kids is kind of the worst.  

Ideally, I'd like to not go on vacations with my kid (soon to be kids) until they are older.  Carting around a ton of their crap, worrying about naps, meltdowns, etc is annoying.  When it's all said and done, I need a vacation to rest from the trip I just took.  

Agree x10000000 
  • homemake said:
    UO: Going on vacation with little kids is kind of the worst.  

Ideally, I'd like to not go on vacations with my kid (soon to be kids) until they are older.  Carting around a ton of their crap, worrying about naps, meltdowns, etc is annoying.  When it's all said and done, I need a vacation to rest from the trip I just took.  

Agree 

**cant get out of box**
    H wants to take a vacation next summer. 
    With a 6 month old and a 4 year old......NEWP. 
  • homemake said:
    UO: Going on vacation with little kids is kind of the worst.  

Agree 

**cant get out of box**
    H wants to take a vacation next summer. 
    With a 6 month old and a 4 year old......NEWP. 

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
    As long as I don't have to see it hung on a wall in your house, you do you, peaches! When I hear or see placenta art I think of that woman who did paintings made from her menstrual blood and pubes. or the guy that paints with his penis. yuck.

Also, PLEASE do that study. I would love to see some real data-- not just "I feel like it worked for me!"
    It is a legit dream of mine. I have a degree in Biology and would love real data. I have been thinking about going to get my Masters in Public Health for a while now and hands down that would be my big grad project.  

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I would do one of those Disney vacations with babysitting because Disney is basically the only brand I trust to vet people to watch my kid
  • @BumpasaurusRex I'm 100% calling it new mom ignorance, and I may well eat these words next year, but one of my #1 looked forward to future parenting experiences is taking our LO to the mountains for the first time!

It's a big family tradition, we're going this year even though we'll have to take a million bathroom stops on the 8-ish hour drive.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @BumpasaurusRex I'm 100% calling it new mom ignorance, and I may well eat these words next year, but one of my #1 looked forward to future parenting experiences is taking our LO to the mountains for the first time!

It's a big family tradition, we're going this year even though we'll have to take a million bathroom stops on the 8-ish hour drive.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I love looking back on the memories and having the experience.

In the moment, though, it's a pain in my arse.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • agreed ^^. Last year, we took DS to visit my aunts who live an 8 hour drive away. That was one of the worst experiences EVER. As soon as we got there we dumped him on them for a little over an hour so we could both take a nap.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • @homemake I don't want to take the trip anyway but I especially am not turned on at the idea of me having to sit in the stands of a baseball game with a baby. Just doesn't sound fun to me. But I will definitely concede that going with a 2 year old would be WAY HARDER. I am in no way comparing a trip with an infant to one with a toddler.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @homemake I don't want to take the trip anyway but I especially am not turned on at the idea of me having to sit in the stands of a baseball game with a baby. Just doesn't sound fun to me. But I will definitely concede that going with a 2 year old would be WAY HARDER. I am in no way comparing a trip with an infant to one with a toddler.
    Gotcha. Yeah then I would definitely use the baby as an excuse. 
  • @BumpasaurusRex @kswiger06 same here! I've had this discussion many times when we go visit my family who lives 3 hours away. All of my family loves my husband and he loves them, however he seems to zone out and think it's just vacation time for him. He's finally started realizing and taking turns with me after countless discussions, but it wasn't until DS was on the verge of turning 2 that he finally got it. Better late than never, especially with DS #2 on the way!
  • My husband was like that too! It used to piss me off. He has done a 180 and is amazing with her now so there's hope people! 
  • I guess I'm the opposite. 
    When we go somewhere with the kid and H, I immediately let him deal with her.