Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Single parent.. HELP. Need advice

I have a 6 month old son and I love every moment I spend with him and being a mother. The father of the baby (which I'm still with) doesn't help me at all. I feel like a single mom. I work a full time job and a part time one at night just to make ends meet but still going in debt. The father doesn't help with anything that involves buying things. He spends all his money on bowling and things that aren't needed like sending his 12 year old(from another women ) on a 700$ vacation for no reason. 

I'm  becoming very emotional and upset. I don't know what to do. Every night and everyday I feel more and more alone. If he isn't out bowling or going to his "club" he's sitting on the coach. His idea of helping is sitting the baby in his rocker in front of the tv.

what should I do or how can I handle this? 

Re: Single parent.. HELP. Need advice

• Options
    Sounds like you need to sit down and talk to him about expectations and parental responsibilities. You may want to consider couples therapy if he isn't receptive. Make sure he knows how serious you are about it and how it's affecting you. Good luck.
  • Options
    yodiggityyodiggity member
    edited September 2016
    I have a 6 month old son and I love every moment I spend with him and being a mother. The father of the baby (which I'm still with) doesn't help me at all. I feel like a single mom. I work a full time job and a part time one at night just to make ends meet but still going in debt. The father doesn't help with anything that involves buying things. He spends all his money on bowling and things that aren't needed like sending his 12 year old(from another women ) on a 700$ vacation for no reason. 

I'm  becoming very emotional and upset. I don't know what to do. Every night and everyday I feel more and more alone. If he isn't out bowling or going to his "club" he's sitting on the coach. His idea of helping is sitting the baby in his rocker in front of the tv.

I think you already know the answer to this question.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@kmarie1992

Like PP said, I would also suggest you sit down with him and calmy tell him how you feel and what you would like him to do to help out. If he's not receptive, you may need to go to some couples counseling. Regardless, follow your gut.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker