January 2016 Moms

Playtime cut off time

when do you guys cut off playtime for the day before bed? I try to stop  stimulation about a hour before bed but I'm Starting to think that it should be earlier?  LO currently goes to bed about 730/8. 

Re: Playtime cut off time

• We don't. LO doesn't have much trouble transitioning into sleep so we let her do whatever. Her bedtime routine is about 20 minutes long and that's her time to wind down, if you could even call it that.
  • @l4rk Exact same for us. It seems to work well most days. I think LO would be bored or annoyed with anything longer...she likes to keep busy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • We play until almost right up to bed time. We have a bath and pjs right after dinner. Then play for about 30 to 45 mins. Our bed time routine is short. It's usually a small bottle (depending on when the days feeding have worked) out and then a story. 
  • We have toys that only come out for our bedtime routine.  We don't limit his play but we limit the quantity of toys and he loses interest in time to go to bed.  
  • We don't either.  We feed him dinner then have playtime right up until bath and bedtime.  He doesn't seem to have any trouble transitioning
  • We don't either. We do dinner, bath, then if he isn't seeming ready to go to bed he gets floor time in his room with limited toys. Usually he's ready for bed right after his bath, but occasionally he needs a half hour or so of extra floor time. 
  • We don't either. We play until dinner, then depending on the time we will play for 30-45 min the bottle, bath, book, bed. Shes way too energetic to not have play time. Shes not at alll a sit still kid. Literally cant even snuggle for a minute because shes go, go, go and doesnt like being held back lol. 
  • Hmm thanks for the feedback ladies! I try to make the last hour before bed "relaxing" and by relaxing I mean climbing me and pulling my hair but anyway, maybe I'll do a little extra floor time before bed. 
  • Hmm thanks for the feedback ladies! I try to make the last hour before bed "relaxing" and by relaxing I mean climbing me and pulling my hair but anyway, maybe I'll do a little extra floor time before bed. 
    Oh man the hair pulling!! Getting my hair cut today for that reason lol. 
  • Same here, we play right until bed time. You'd never even know she was tired from the way LO plays right up until bed. After bath she gets fed and a book and she usually wants to play on the floor. Then we sing her a song and put her down. I'm amazed how some days she goes straight from bouncing in my arms and talking to straight up dropping her head onto the mattress. Other days she may fuss for a minute, but it doesn't take her long to fall asleep. I don't think I could keep her "relaxed" even 30 minutes before!

• On vacation while in her packnplay we watched LO have a Godzilla-esk moment where she was up right playing and literally dramatically fell over on her side, crashed, and immediately fell asleep.  
  • We have a schedule where we all have dinner together, then she goes right into her bedtime routine.  So I guess it's not play, but I don't know if mealtime is relaxing.  The book part of her bedtime routine seems to help her become more calm.  (Though lately she's been pulling book after book off the shelf and wanting like, 3-4 read to her, so maybe not forever!)

• We play until bedtime, in fact, it's a good way for her to wear herself out - cause what else are we going to do for an hour? She just wants to be moving and shaking! About 10 minutes before bed we'll go upstairs and have a bottle and books.