February 2017 Moms

UO Thursday 09/22

Re: UO Thursday 09/22

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I get the leash thing. I was always against it, I'm the person who'd say "My child is not a dog."...but then we went to the state fair this weekend and it was CRAZY packed and I thought yeah...a leash would be super useful here. I totally get it.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love 1st birthday parties!!!! Ahh so cute. 

And I was also 100% against kid leashes until taking my 2 year old to Disney. You bet your ass I bought one at the local target after the first day, lol. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yup! I agree with @madamerwin. This is exactly why I won't be telling anyone our baby's name until she is born.  I know I'll get a lot of questions next month during the baby shower but I plan on simply announcing "we do have a name picked out, and you all will get to know it when the baby is here." I figured this is better than lying and saying that we don't have one picked out, because then I know everyone is going to chime in with their two cents.  
    Also, I'm prepared for mommy's boy DH to spill the beans about the name to his mother.  (He told her the sex even though I told him not to.) In which case, if MIL tries to give me her opinion on the name I will hang up on her and not feel the slightest bit of guilt. At the wedding this weekend, everyone and their mother was asking me what the sex of the baby is.  I told them we're keeping it a surprise.  Ugh the comments they have on that, too.

• Yea I'm all for the backpack leash. My kid is a runner and a 2yo who thinks chase is fun. Granted we usually have a stroller, but I've got a leash on my amazon wish list that I'm just waiting to buy for our next big outing(zoo,airport,Disney,etc)...
  • I'm glad to see other people are for backpack leashes! If our kid turns out to be a runner, and/or we go to busy places, I have no qualms with leashing them.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well I am totally a FTM here...so my opinion on leashes could change down the line lol. My niece likes to run, BUT she listens well and knows if she isn't in the house than she needs to hold someone's hand to venture off. Thinking about the stories of how DH was as a kid.....our baby might need a leash backpack at some point after all. DH and his twin snuck out of the house past their Dad and got into Mom's car (in the back, they had one of the vans with seats in the trunk area) and she drove them to work with her and had NO CLUE they were in there hiding b/c they were completely quiet and then went strolling into her office about 10 minutes later and said they went in her car for a minute and fell asleep (little fibbers)....and DH took off on his Dad at a fair and was MIA for 15 minutes. Oh boy, I might be in for it...unless baby girl takes after her Mommy...I was mostly well behaved.....mostly...lol
  • I have def been guilty of name judgement. I did flat out say once to someone that their kid might have a rough time in school with that name. One of my bridesmaids was going to name her daughter Anelia....she made it up because she liked Amelia and Anne. But she had a boy, so her boyfriend was relieved. No one liked that name she made up for a girl. 
  • @yogadevil I don't think F17 has to become a safe space for baby names. If someone posts their name here, I think they are doing so wanting an opinion. I posted about Kanan a while back because I genuinely wanted to know how you guys felt about it. I got same very valid concerns, which is totally fine. I wasn't upset at all. If  someone doesn't want an opinion on their name, I don't think they'd post it here. I think I just got upset with my aunt and best friend because we are close and I wasn't expecting that sort of reaction from them.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • homemake said:
    This girl I knew through a friend named her kid Blaze because she really liked smoking weed. 
    Omg! 
    I'll name her Skyy! 

• My daughter wasn't a runner either. But in major crowds it's SO hard to keep track of them even when they stay close, and it can also be hard to hold hands the whole time. So that's when a backpack leash comes in handy ;)
  • Re: first birthday parties. I also gave side eyes to people throwing a huge party for their toddler... until I had my own one year old, and just threw my own first birthday party. Still not a fan of the gifts, but heck, your baby only turns one once, life is too short-take advantage of every chance to celebrate life! 
  • I get the kids won't remember their first birthday but it was a celebration for us too for surviving that first year. We had a taco guy and alcohol and a jumper for the kids. We won't have a huge party for every birthday but I will definitely do a big 1st bday party for this kid too.

• My UO: Dogs don't have problems...I guess is how I'd word it.

My dog has serious anxiety. My dog doesn't always listen to me. Does your toddler always listen to you? No. I've put in countless hours with my pooch to help her just like you did for your kid. So back off, we are trying. if you don't want to take the time to help me train my dog (i.e 5 minutes to let her get used to you) don't ask to pet her and then tell me what I should do to make her "not scared".

Rant? yeah. end rant.  

Are you comparing dogs to toddlers? 
  • My son is a runner (even now at almost 6years old) some dumb reason, he is convinced that all cars can see him and it's ok if he runs out in a parking lot/road. He is so freaking hardheaded and i can't seem to get through his head that this is not always the case. 

I don't use it anymore, but when he was younger hell ya i used a leash. But also reinforced that he had to hold my hand. It was a life saver. He didn't like the stroller, and would break out of them whenever he had the chance. 

My UO, (because my sister and i have it out every so often) i have no problem giving my kid adhd meds. It has helped him stay focus in school, and there is always a huge difference on his behavior, when he is on the meds and when he is not  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • kirstynikolekirstynikole member
    edited September 2016

My UO: Dogs don't have problems...I guess is how I'd word it.

My dog has serious anxiety. My dog doesn't always listen to me. Does your toddler always listen to you? No. I've put in countless hours with my pooch to help her just like you did for your kid. So back off, we are trying. if you don't want to take the time to help me train my dog (i.e 5 minutes to let her get used to you) don't ask to pet her and then tell me what I should do to make her "not scared".

Rant? yeah. end rant.  

Are you comparing dogs to toddlers? 
    lol I think she's comparing her dog to a toddler meaning it takes a bit of effort with new people. I get it, I have a dog with anxiety issues. Like with my toddler, it takes a few minutes of adjustment when meeting new people. 

Is that where you're going with it @jlellis603 ?
  • sometimes I compare my kid to a dog, because he behaves better and pays more attention if you exhaust him physically first. 
    The dog or kid? 
  • My kid has probably piss and shit on my floors inside MORE than my dog ever has. 
  • skiingstarkskiingstark member
    edited September 2016
    My son is a runner (even now at almost 6years old) some dumb reason, he is convinced that all cars can see him and it's ok if he runs out in a parking lot/road. He is so freaking hardheaded and i can't seem to get through his head that this is not always the case. 

I don't use it anymore, but when he was younger hell ya i used a leash. But also reinforced that he had to hold my hand. It was a life saver. He didn't like the stroller, and would break out of them whenever he had the chance. 

My UO, (because my sister and i have it out every so often) i have no problem giving my kid adhd meds. It has helped him stay focus in school, and there is always a huge difference on his behavior, when he is on the meds and when he is not  
    That is no a UO for teachers, I wish more parents where like you.  There are kids who have real medical conditions and the parents who say no to meds, hurt their child and all the children who have to be stuck in a class with them. When a child is soo ADHD that no child wants to sit next to them or work with them no, that is not just boys being boys, please get your child help. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • sometimes I compare my kid to a dog, because he behaves better and pays more attention if you exhaust him physically first. 
    The dog or kid? 
    boooottthhh......

we just took a photo of a man sized turd DS did on the floor.  I should make it my user pic.  
  • I agree with @skiingstark, @LinnyAnne10 That is not an UO in my books at all. My school is all about "ranges of normal" behaviour and, we work really hard with students to meet them where they're at and see them as whole students, not diagnoses. But getting a student the diagnosis and assistance they need is a huge part of learning success. Tell your sister to stuff it from all the teachers on here.
  • Every time I read that someone's kid is a runner, it makes me think of that Zac Brown Band song. 

My UO: I don't get this pearl party stuff on FB. It seems so strange to me. How do you even know they're real?
  • My UO is that I think a placenta is a beautiful and wonderful thing. But when it exists my body it is medical waste. I will not eat it or encapsulate it and I will judge the hell out of you if you make "placenta art." nope. just nope.
    Yikes yikes yikes. I am so fascinated with placentas and with both my girls examined them with the MW as I nursed. LOL. I think placenta art is really cool but I would never display it for others. It would maybe be a bbay book thing. I am heavily debating encapsulating my placenta this go around. And and and as a scientist it is my dream to do a large scale double blind study on the effects of placenta consumption.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

• UO: I think dogs are too much work for me to handle. Still standing by my #teamcatsfurever stance lol!