February 2017 Moms

UO Thursday 09/22

Alright ladies, let's hear 'em. Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, but I got one brewing and I need to get it out.

Re: UO Thursday 09/22

• Loading the player...
  • @Spicyweiner Oh yeah, I don't mind when other people do it, it's more just a "does not compute" thing for me, because my idea of a good time does not involve having a shit ton of people inside my bubble. I fully get not everyone is a homebody like me.

I just wanted to be totally up front that I don't get first birthday parties, so my immediate instinct to bail at the first sign of illness may have been being influenced by that. But if I'm hearing it's okay to bail from someone who was on board the 1st b-day train to begin with, I'm feeling a lot better...
  • It drives me nuts when women pull the "I'm pregnant, so I'm important" card. 
    Like everyone needs to stop what they are doing and cater to the pregnant women. 
    We are KU, we aren't disabled. 
    Full disclosure, this was totally inspired by someone complaining about something I thought was silly on here, but they didn't seem to know or acknowledge how entitled they were acting. 
    Lol I straight up ask H for a foot message every so often. I feel like I'm entitled to that and it doesn't feel petty. At least he agrees!

But for the record, I get what you mean and agree 100%.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • I got irrationally upset the other day that no one offered to help me carry my bags of groceries from my car to the office. I knew it was stupid, I could clearly carry the groceries...but for whatever reason I was still pissed no one offered.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @poetryandoceans I won't go anywhere near people that are sick/contagious and would never host a party if I had someone sick in my house. Germ theory is all the backup you need!
  • @scifichick09 I think the key word there is "irrationally" -- you knew it was irrational! Hormones are crazy, sometimes we feel things that aren't super grounded in reality. There's a difference between feeling that and losing it at the next 5 people you see because they don't offer you to help (I'm assuming you didn't lose it on the next 5 people you saw...)
  • @poetryandoceans Haha no, I didn't lose it on anyone. I just went home and complained to the hubby.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sitting here at a work-provided lunch, and I found my UO. I don't like chips much at all. I like Ruffles enough to eat them, and tortilla chips with salsa or guac are awesome. Little chip bags from Jimmy John's with BBQ or Salt & vinegar or something? Nope. I don't buy chips at grocery stores, I don't order them as sides, just Nope.

Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Lafreeman21 My husband doesn't like potato chips at all.  MORE CHIPS FOR ME!
  • @Amber_Waves SO RUDE!!! If someone tells you the name they are thinking of, and they don't specifically say "Do you see any potential issues with our choosing that name for our baby" the only response is "That is a lovely name, and I can't wait to meet him or her"
  • My UO: is it a new signature challenge month yet?  There are a couple that I've really seen enough of!  
    Me: 1979 * Husband: 1976 * Little girl: 2010 * Little guy: 2013 * MMC: 2016 * Last baby: EDD 2/11/17!  
  • Disclaimer: being pregnant is not fun for me and I feel, in general, if I'm extra grouchy, tired, etc, H should be slightly more understanding.  It's nice to feel understood in the sense that my body is doing some crazy shit and I may not be 100%.

With that being said, anatomically-speaking, men can't get pregnant.  If I want to have a child, it's known that I'll have to be the one to carry the baby.  It's not like we drew straws and I got the short one and should use that to throw it in H's face.  It just is what it is and it does annoy me when women use that as a card to pull.  

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • My UO:  It's rude and tacky to criticize a baby name unless you are specifically asked to help troubleshoot for bad associations and nicknames.
    But sometimes names are just so bad you HAVE to try to prevent a poor child from being saddled with it. N
    You have to keep it inside and shove it way down deep. That's how diamonds are made.
    I can't. It's just not in my genetic makeup. 
  • Lol!! ^^^^

I think it's ok to give suggestions on names while the parents are still deciding on one.  But if they've already decided and are set in stone, about it, I don't think anyone should criticize the name. UMLESS it's something ridiculous like "Anus." Lolz

• My UO:  It's rude and tacky to criticize a baby name unless you are specifically asked to help troubleshoot for bad associations and nicknames.
    But sometimes names are just so bad you HAVE to try to prevent a poor child from being saddled with it. N
    You have to keep it inside and shove it way down deep. That's how diamonds are made.
    If it is someone I don't know well I would probably say that's different or nice and let it go. If someone I was close to was going to use a terrible name, not just one I don't like but something awful, I would say something. I might not say i hate it but I might say it isn't something I would choose. If they ask for more information after that I would be polite but honest.

I never minded people being honest with their thoughts on my kids' names. My father hated my daughter's name for the longest time. She is 3 and he still doesn't love the name but he got used to it.
  • kirstynikolekirstynikole member
    edited September 2016
    I secretly love the way my son smells after coming in from his walks. He smells like an outside puppy dog, it reminds me of being a carefree kid, and somehow I love it. 
  • Right, but it's still an opinion. 
    Im not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying it is what it is. It's just human nature. 
  • We've told our family multiple times we've not decided on names yet, but they continue to pester and then offer their awful name suggestions. 

No I'm not going to name my son Jedediah or Maynard, so please stop with the suggestions. 

Ps. Those aren't the names being suggested, but you get my drift... also no offense to anyone who likes those, they're just not my cup of coffee.
  • My UO is that I'm not a germaphobe. I usually just don't worry about that stuff. I'm making myself worry a little while PG, but it's tough. @poetryandoceans I still think it's a valid reason to skip that party if you want. 
  • skiingstarkskiingstark member
    edited September 2016
    My UO:  It's rude and tacky to criticize a baby name unless you are specifically asked to help troubleshoot for bad associations and nicknames.
    I can't. It's just not in my genetic makeup. 
    LOL!

If it is ridiculous lname I am going to mention in the nicest way possible to re think it. As a teacher I cannot help but see what happens with really bad names. But if it is just I personally do not like it, I well just say ohh that is nice and leave it at that. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks