October 2016 Moms

Moms of Early (September) Babes, Enter Here!

von1976von1976 member
edited September 2016 in October 2016 Moms
I delivered at 37w5d. Originally my EDD was 10/2, so I joined this month board. But I noticed now that I've input my baby's birthday (9/16), The Bump has decided to move me to the September 2016 Moms board.

What are other moms of early arrivals doing? Are you switching BMBs or sticking with O16? Will we eventually start parenting threads so we can commiserate and ask for advice?

So many questions, I know.... I'm just coming up for air after having some feeding issues with our now 4 day old. Thankfully, it's looking like the issues are resolved and now I can be social and stop being in "OMG BABY" mode 24/7!

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

Re: Moms of Early (September) Babes, Enter Here!

• von1976von1976 member
    edited September 2016
    Hey! Great to hear from you. I guess I did just make the first PP thread, LOL!

I'm mostly super late night/early morning bumping too, I'm up nursing LO and then pumping to build my supply and to offer LO some pumped milk/formula to supplement. We had some severe (12%) weight loss that we caught on day 3, caused by a severe tongue tie we caught and fixed on day 4. It takes forever and I'm super bored because hubby is usually sleeping. But LO is back up to within 8% of birth weight and seems to be gaining well, so we're discontinuing formula and focusing on breastmilk. I literally went from feeling like a total mom failure to feeling like superwoman in 24 hours.

The hormones are AWFUL and I go on horrible, ugly crying jags at the drop of a hat. My husband is being so patient with me and super helpful. I have no idea how I could do this without him.

I didn't notice the ticker since I was mobile bumping... but my Lilypie one needed updating... so DONE!

How's your PP journey going? How is LO doing?

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201

• Loading the player...
  • Ooh I'm glad the BFing progress made you feel better - it's definitely an awful feeling when things aren't going how they should, and the feeding thing feels SO personal even though it has nothing to do with your mommy powers! We had an amazing NICU lactation consultant who was like a therapist the first couple days while we were separated. LO is doing good, still getting into a routine but I'm probably just overly focused on her eating/sleeping/pooping. I'm sorry your hormones are going wild, hopefully they even out soon! I'm still in pain a little from CS and crazy swelling in legs and feet but more wiped out than anything, super pale and weak plus seeing spots sometimes even without exertion. I'm almost hoping at my appt this week they send me for a transfusion, which happened with a friend and worked like magic, so we'll see.
  • Hahaha see? @von1976 you're not allowed out even if you actually wanted...which I'm sure you don't!
  • I'm staying weather they like it or not. Even though I'm not on much lately. 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• I'm staying too.  Question--has anyone found any nursing clothes you love?  I like my medela bras, But I never did find any thing I loved top wise with the last pregnancy.  
  • serenaxo84serenaxo84 member
    edited September 2016
    I just got this shirt in the mail from gap:
    https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=15098&vid=1&pid=112788002

It has snaps up the side and it is loose fitted. I also have a short torso so I think I will be able to wear it with leggings. 

I also just ordered this from old navy- I haven't gotten it yet so not sure how it will fit.
    https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1018239&vid=1&pid=344958012

I am also debating ordering these but don't want to spend the $$. They are pretty popular with the mom/Instagram bloggers 
    https://www.blanqi.com/collections/leggings/products/high-performance-high-waist-leggings?variant=536460581

I am on the hunt for a good nursing tank and some good oversized cardigans.

I haven't tried any of these out though cause LO isn't here yet!
  • @serenaxo84, now I want/NEED those leggings!!!!!
  • @serenaxo84 I don't plan to buy or use nursing clothing other than nursing bras. The two shirt method seems to work for me. I wear my nursing bra with a maternity tank over it and then another maternity top over that. Pull up outer top, pull down tank layer, unsnap bra, and expose minimal boobage.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201

• @gatorMom2014 I got the nursing Henley tank from Target which is fine for a basic nursing tank with built-in bra but the one I got is loose on the right side so it doesn't stay snapped...I haven't been out really but imagine that would be an issue haha, and when I can I'm gonna go to Target to get a replacement. Otherwise just wearing Motherhood Maternity nursing nightgowns at home but curious what others are doing bc I haven't gotten out really yet!
  • Due on 10/6 but Nicholas came early 9/13. I'm  staying put. Besides, have you seen any of S16's threads? Uh...no. 
  • @sgrho2 hahaha I'm going to have to look at the S16 threads!

DS born 2016
  • @von1976 awesome job getting that baby back up to weight!! We had a similar experience with DS1 and it is rough! Hang in there, mama, you are doing great!
  • gatorMom2014  Here's one of the items that I loved with nursing last time: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003IYYE98?ref_=ams_ad_dp_asin_1  it has clips and "invisible elastic" options that you can attach it the nursing bra that you are wearing.  I found this much easier than multiple layers of tops. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @von1976 are you large busted? I love the idea of the tank top trick but I am not a huge fan of wearing a tank under a shirt and I am rocking a 32H right now- so idk if it would be easy to get the boob out and in easily??! 
  • @serenaxo84 I don't have those leggings (still have an inside baby) but I got the Blanqi maternity leggings at the beginning of this pregnancy, and I'm still wearing them.  They're some of the most comfortable and flattering leggings I own.  The only downside is the crotch area seems a bit sheer, at least on my maternity ones, so go with dark undies.  I'll be getting the support ones too postpartum, the mat ones have been worth every penny!

Baby BOY due 10-8-16
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @sidecarsareforbishes ohhhh good to know!!! I love a real review!! I have a great pair of Ingrid and Isabel maternity leggings and from 2 pregnancies worth of wear, I noticed that the crotch is a little sheer when I sit down on the toilet. I was also thinking the leggings are $88 but they are $60! That for some reason seems so much cheaper hahha! I feel like the support will be good for my c section and mommy belly that I will need to work on...eventually. 
  • @serenaxo84 When I got mine they were also doing a 20% off your first purchase if you sign up for emails, so even cheaper!

Baby BOY due 10-8-16
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • von1976von1976 member
    edited September 2016
    @serenaxo84 Yes, I'm rocking 34J/K right now and I don't have too much problem with it.  It should work regardless of size. 

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201

• @von1976 that is good to know! I was thinking all those great tricks only worked well for smaller busted ladies... like everything else! 
  • I definitely want to get a few good nursing tanks for when I go back to work because I'll have to pump while I'm there, but does anyone have a suggestion for a good bra while pumping? I have the double pump and find it to be a bit challenging to hold both pumps and still massage the tissue. 
  • @mkc3888 that is freaking brilliant. 
  • How much sleep are you all getting? I literally got 20 minutes. And then accidental naps while nursing. This baby just turns so fussy at night, all night. 
    Signed, Zombie Mom
  • @mkc3888 That's genius!! Thanks for the tip. 

@OrangeEv I think I've slept a total of 7 hours since we left the hospital Monday evening. I feel like my eyes don't focus and I'm on autopilot. My dad came over today to watch Hazel while I tried to sleep, but with the c-section I have a hard time getting in a comfortable position since I'm typically a stomach sleeper. She's also got her internal clock backwards, so she's wide awake at night and sleeps all day, this mom has not adjusted to that yet. 
  • @nataliemaephotography - depending on your budget I'd recommend the Arden or the Rumina. Never used the Rumina but it gets good reviews and it's half the price of Arden (I LOVED the Arden for EPing with DS). Both are on Amazon prime, so bonus. 
  • von1976von1976 member
    edited September 2016
    I did the same thing as @mkc3888. Except I used a wireless soft cup bra rather than sports bra. Same idea. I look like vogue style Madonna wearing it. It's ridiculous. But whatever. 

@OrangeEv I got zero sleep the first two nights because I was terrified the baby would stop breathing if I didn't watch it. I'm not kidding. I had a sobbing fit trying to explain to my husband why I legitimately could not sleep. When we were doing the triple feed nonsense I got hardly any. Maybe 2-3 hours broken up into chunks of forty minute intervals. Now that I'm pumping to build supply and supplement during the day, I just breast feed at night and it's so much easier. I got maybe 4-5 his last night in one hour chunks. It was glorious and made me f feel like Superwoman. 

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201

• @nataliemaephotography Yeah 7 hours seems right. Sorry about the c section discomfort, that makes it even worse I bet. 

I am so desperate for sleep that I wouls consider driving us to Walmart to see if they have a rock n play. Apparenly those things work miracles
  • OrangeEv said:
    @nataliemaephotography Yeah 7 hours seems right. Sorry about the c section discomfort, that makes it even worse I bet. 

I am so desperate for sleep that I wouls consider driving us to Walmart to see if they have a rock n play. Apparenly those things work miracles
    Yes! Go buy a RNP. We have a co sleeper which we wanted to use, but LO hates the wide open feel of it, even when swaddled. So we started using the RNP.  Works great, but she has to be sleepy to tolerate it. I put her to sleep on the boob and then transfer her over. We don't even use the rock or vibrate functions, she just likes feeling secure. So maybe the car seat would work, too? I know they're not supposed to sleep in there long term, but for one night until you can go buy a RNP? 

We plan to transition to the cosleeper in a few weeks when we've got the hang of this and aren't so sleep deprived.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201