Pregnant after IF

Randoms - Week of September 19th

Have any thoughts, questions, feelings, fears, etc.? Spill them here!

This is a good place to ask questions to a broader audience than the weekly check-ins, so ladies in other trimesters with experience may chime in and help you out!

Sorry for the delay in getting this up and running this week.

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
TTC since April 2013
Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
IVF round 1: January 2016
ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
EDD: January 27, 2017
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Randoms - Week of September 19th

• Question 1 - what are some good maternity jeans? I went through 3 pairs of Indigo Blue ones from Motherhood Maternity and they feel like they constantly slide off. I even went up a size, thinking that'll help, but they still keep sliding. Any good ones that stay up?

Question 2 - anyone here looking into the Uppababy Vista stroller? If so, what car seat are you going with? We went to one store where we could get a bundle of a stroller + car seat but I don't recall if it was just an infant car seat or one that can transition to a toddler one. I keep reading about different car seats and looks like a Maxi Cosi is a good, safe one. Would love to hear suggestions or which car seats you're looking into. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Answer to question 1: 
    I bought trousers from H&M, although not jeans, but they stay in place (not like another brand I bought) just like my jeans shorts from H&M.

Answer to question 2:
    I got an unused maxi cosi from a friend. 
    Most well known brand at home. So went with what I know and it was free :smile:

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @tulips29 I got a pair from Gap and one from Old Navy- both are pretty good! The gap jeans are low panel and the others are side panel. I prefer the side panel but they are a bit big right now. Also the Old Navy jeans were under $30! 

I have heard good things about both uppababy and the maxi cosi. I think I am probably going with the Nuna Mixx with Nuna Pippa car seat though! 

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• @Tulips29 I haven't yet bought maternity clothes, so no help there. I plan to get one Maxi Cosi as we have a single stroller already of that brand. I haven't yet researched which double stroller I'd like (and I probably won't for a while yet) but I do plan to do infant seats, not convertibles, for when they are first born. If I was having a single, I would have considered skipping an infant seat and only getting a convertible since they are expensive and the convert will last much longer than an infant seat.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Thanks ladies! I'll check out the stores you suggested for jeans. I think I'll have to go to the store one more time this weekend to confirm the car seat option. I'm hoping I can just do a convertible one also. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @tulips29 I'm getting the uppababy vista and then the uppa baby infant car seat. the advice I got from all of my family was to do the infant car seat and then transition to the convertible one. I figure I'll get two bases, one for my car and one for my husbands so we aren't bound to just one car. 
  • PRAYERS AND GOOD THOUGHT PLEASE!!!!

So last week I posted about having sex. Well, husband I ended up messing around (not actual sex...sorry tmi) and I started bleeding. Not just a little or spotting or a light period. LIKE GUSHING BLOOD ALL OVER! I'm so upset. It was like 1:30am and I rushed myself to the hospital. They did an u/s and the babies look great. Measuring on time (11w3d and 11w6d)and great heartbeats. There is no answer on why its happening except for us getting intimate. At this point they say there is nothing they can do except just wait it out. I had no idea that much blood could happen just from getting intimate. Like seriously, when the doc was doing a pelvic exam it was dripping out of me and on the floor and all over the table. I'm worried sick. If you believe in God I'm asking for prayers to stop the bleeding. If you don't then sending good thoughts will work too. Please keep us in your thoughts.
  • @frustrated and ttc oh goodness. Sending lots of prayers your way! Really hoping it's nothing like they said and as long as babies are ok, you just wait this out. I know how stressful it is, but they would not release you from the hospital if there was something wrong or they had concerns. Hopefully the bleeding stops soon! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Oh my gosh @frustrated and ttc! I can't imagine how scary that must have been. It's good that they babies were looking great though!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• I ordered my breast pump today. I decided to go with the Medela Advanced Personal Double Pump. So thankful my insurance is covering 100%. If you haven't checked with your insurance provider, I'd look into it! 

Also I came across a diaper sale @ babies r us  this week in case anyone was interested. Double the rewards points & a $20 gift card.
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @frustrated and ttc I go to church and will say a prayer.  I will be honest that DH and I have or had sex since we got pregnant. I'm nervous and I believe he is as well.
    as for the jeans I purchased three pairs from old navy and they all fit great I buy them there because of the length and that they make pants for tall people.
  • AandDM2014AandDM2014 member
    edited September 2016
    Did anyone else watch the series premiere of This Is Us last night? Oh man, if you've recorded it and haven't watched it yet, make sure you have tissues available. I wept like a baby at the end.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• capps42613 - thanks for the info on the coupon. I may have to go pick some up. that's a great deal!

@frustrated and ttc - will definitely be praying! You know your body best. Has the bleeding stopped since then? Our bodies are going to take care of baby first but I'd definitely follow up with your OB as well. Keep us all posted. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sending you tons of warm/good thoughts @frustrated and ttc
    How scary is that! Hope the bleeding has stopped and you can relax again.
    Could the bleeding be due to a placenta previa? I got asked about bleeding every time I went for a check, as apparently it could bleed a lot.
    Your definitely in my thoughts and prayers, and I truly hope they know what caused it and that it's nothing or easily fixed.
    Keep those babies and yourself safe!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• @AandDM2014 I want to watch that show so badly, but I don't have cable! Someone said it was their new Parenthood, and I am still mourning Parenthood, so I'll have to give it a try when it gets to Netflix.
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @AandDM2014 I didn't record it and it is not available on demand for direct tv so I may need to check Apple TV or Netflix.  I heard great things to and I do miss parenthood what a great show they have repeats on the UP  channel.

so I don't understand the obsession with Baby Tula blankets and products. My friend added me to a Facebook site and these women are going crazy over the blankets. I was like what's the hype I tried ordering when two new patterns came out just to see what was so amazing about them and they were sold out within 2 seconds. Any of you ladies understand the hype? 
  • Oh wanted to share these cute headbands and sandals that are stretchy for the girls 
  • @clt2pmw11 and @ultratomato I have not seen Parenthood so I don't know if it's similar, but I enjoyed it enough to keep watching. Have you guys checked NBCs website to see if it'll be available there?

@ultratomato I have not heard of Baby Tula, but if it's that popular it must be at least somewhat good, right?
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• That was beautiful @riveridgional.
    Thank you for sharing!

A little heads-up to the other ladies...it might be my hormones, but I recommend not to read it in a public space as I had waterfalls from my eyes :smile:

• I just had my NT scan, all looked good but the dr mentioned since the baby was conceived with icsi they like to do a cardioechogram at 22 weeks. Was anyone else told this?
  • Oh that article! Bawled my eyes out.
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @ale9687 I'm glad your NT scan went well! When my doc found out we did PGS, she basically said we didn't need any of the other testing unless we really wanted it. That's interesting that they want to do that specific of a test.

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ale9687 we were not told that, but now I'm curious to ask my doc. We are almost at 24 weeks tho!
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • @ale9687 I wasn't told that either and I'm almost 23 weeks. I guess an extra test won't hurt, right? 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Thanks ladies, they said specifically ivf patients who did icsi so that could be it. It's done 22-24 weeks so I may just see how the anatomy scan goes and then decide if I want to do it. 
  • @ale9687 yes, my doctor advised me to do it because some studies have shown babies born via IVF have an increased chance of heart defects. However, he left it optional for me since they never found any alarming evidence with my baby. But DH and I opted to do it just to be on the safe side. All went well. I don't think all doctors believe in this theory though which is why some of you may not have heard this.
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @ale9687 - my dr didn't mention anything about it. I wonder if bc everything looked and sounded good on the anatomy scan they didn't think it was necessary? Wouldn't the anatomy scan show any defects as well? I thought they were pretty thorough... 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @griffin5413 I'm thinking I'll talk to my ob after my anatomy scan. It wasn't even my ob who said it, I got the nt scan done at a preinatalogist office and the doctor there mentioned it. 
  • Hey all. I'm right at 12 weeks and I've already grown almost 2 cup sizes. Are your boobs getting bigger throughout, or do they grow in spurts? I'm getting nervous. Thanks!
    Married Jan. 2014
    Me:36 DH: 39
    TTC since August 2014, Mild PCOS + uterine fibroids
    Myomectomy June 2015- 18 fibroids removed
    IVF #1, May 2016 = 32 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized, 7 frozen, 3 PGS normal
    FET#2, July 2016 = one embryo transferred 
    TRIGGER
    BFP! Beta = 617
    Due date = 4/9/17
    Delivery date = 3/20/17
  • Hey @cmm012.
    Mine grow in spurts and at the moment my left one took a break it looks like..I hope that'll change again! 
    Think it's a little different from woman to woman...so hope yours stay even and take a break :smile:

• @cmm012 Mine grew a lot around week 4 and 5 and then kinda stopped. I'm 9 weeks tomorrow. I've read that for a lot of women they do grow in spurts. Mine hurt so bad that I went ahead and bought a maternity bra. I'm glad I did because now my other bras and my favorite swim suit no longer fit! I don't think they grew 2 whole sizes though.
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @capps42613 that little nose!! So cute!! 

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• @capps42613 - I love that little smile in the last one!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @capps42613 so cute I can't wait to have mine done!