October 2016 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 09.20.16

How many weeks? 

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?

GTKY: You're on death row (for stabbing someone who insinuated you were having triplets); what's your last meal request?
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 09.20.16

• How many weeks? 36 weeks! 

What size is baby? Ripe Papaya 

Upcoming appointments? Friday, going weekly now.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I legitimately feel like this baby is going to be late and that pisses me off. I'm so ready to meet her! 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Still bouncing back and forth between diarrhea and constipation. That's no fun. 

GTKY: You're on death row (for stabbing someone who insinuated you were having triplets); what's your last meal request? This is a tough one for someone who loves food as much as I do! I always tell DH it would be a grilled cheese sandwich made with extra sharp cheddar, but that's only if I make it. I'm super picky about how my grilled cheeses are made. If that's not an option, I think I'd go for good ol' fried chicken, mashed potatoes, english peas, and a Sister Schuberts roll. Key lime pie for dessert, please! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How many weeks?  38 weeks

What size is baby?  winter melon

Upcoming appointments?  Thursday - last appointment!

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Ugh, I have the worst head cold/sinus thing right now!  Started yesterday and has gotten progressively worse.  I didn't sleep at all last night & I'm just miserable.  Called my doctor and they said I can try Claritin, Zyrtec or Flonase.  Along with the usual cough drops, saline nasal solution, and humidifier.  I'm at work because I'm pretty much out of PTO, but I'm going to head home at noon and try and get some rest. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  Soup and ice cream sound really good right now for this sore throat!

GTKY: You're on death row (for stabbing someone who insinuated you were having triplets); what's your last meal request?  I'd probably do a Thanksgiving dinner - turkey, mashed potatoes w/ gravy, stuffing, my great grandma's cranberry ice, etc.  For dessert, an Oreo Sonic Blast!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How many weeks? 
    What size is baby?
    Celery! Last week he weighted 4.5 so I am guessing he's close to 5lbs  now. 
    Upcoming appointments?
    I have an MRI scheduled for Thursday- not excited about that! 
    I have an appointment 10/3 with my OB and for another ultrasound and stress test with the MFM. I feel like they should be weekly since I am having the baby in 4 weeks but whatever! 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I am just nervous to bleed again. It's a horrible feeling when you bleed and as I get further along I know the chances are just higher. I am also terrified of having the baby early- even at 35 weeks they will monitor in the NICU for 24 hours even if everything is good. I just can't imagine being seperated from my baby like that. 

All the normal symptoms- heartburn, discharge, BH, tired etc etc. I don't really have any cravings nor and I'm just not into red meat even though I need to be eating it. 

GTKY: You're on death row (for stabbing someone who insinuated you were having triplets); what's your last meal request?
    food isn't really that appealing to me right now, so I might just go for a really good bottle of red wine. 
  • How many weeks? 
    38 weeks

What size is baby?
    Winter melon

Upcoming appointments?
    Weekly OB visits every Tuesday.  Everything was normal at yesterday's visit.  I'm still measuring small but I did grow 1cm so that is comforting to know that baby is still growing just fine!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    My rant is that I am just so over work.  My cousin had a baby back in February and she started maternity leave two weeks before her due date.  I remember thinking, "why would she waste her leave time before the baby is born?"  Well now I get it!  It's not bad enough to stop working early, but bad enough to be miserable.  It doesn't help that we are currently both extremely busy and extremely understaffed.  Which is awful timing because there have been times this year where people have been asked to take time off because we had so many staff and were so slow. Why couldn't my last few weeks have been like that?!?

Exhausted, swollen, gigantic, sore, blah blah blah.  Some days are fine and some are miserable.  Still craving all the food and I'm almost maxed out on being in the healthy weight gain range... just a few more weeks (or less)!

Hmm, hard to pick just one thing.  My favorite restaurant in the world is the Beach House in Kauai (we've vacationed and honeymooned there).  They have this amazing macadamia nut crusted mahi mahi and mashed purple sweet potatoes.  Plus a very nice bottle of riesling or champagne.  I can't think of a specific dessert, but dessert would be mandatory!  Maybe a very decadent flourless chocolate cake.
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• How many weeks?  36 weeks

What size is baby? Canary Melon

Upcoming appointments?  Every Wednesday now- also weekly NSTs

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Rant- insomnia! Can't shut the brain off. Also, headaches. 
    Raves-  Had a cervix check yesterday, 1cm dilated, 60% effaced. I know it doesn't really mean much but I like receiving new information. Also I have 3 birthing classes under my belt. 1 more to go that includes pre registering at touring the birth center. Also a BF class next week.
    Questions- Did anyone else struggle and stress over the car seat installation being just right? Yeah it was intense.1 of 2 are properly installed. 1 more to go.
    Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Lots of movement, overall feeling pretty well.  Craving apples and all the other food.  

GTKY: You're on death row (for stabbing someone who insinuated you were having triplets); what's your last meal request?  This one is hard and my answer can probably change daily but right now I'm going  with a huge BBQ feast from Famous Dave's.
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How many weeks? 37

What size is baby? Romaine Lettuce

Upcoming appointments?  had a growth scan appointment yesterday. Baby weighs 6lbs 3oz and measuring a week behind, which makes me sooo sad because im ready for her to come out like now!!!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Can't wait for this pregnancy to be over and hold my baby already. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? All the symptons!!!!

GTKY: You're on death row (for stabbing someone who insinuated you were having triplets); what's your last meal request?  as of today i just want some canned corn beef with potatoes, white rice, an avocado (such a puerto rican meal), with a ice cold Malta!!! yum and cheesecake for dessert
    Pregnancy Ticker