October 2016 Moms

WTF Wednesday (Sept 21)

My gifs don't seem to be working but I figured this is the face I have when most people talk
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: WTF Wednesday (Sept 21)

• I am 35 weeks and my baby weight is.... 6lb 10oz, how is that even possible?!! Now the doctor says that C Section seems to be inevitable, I was so ready to push :(

• Loading the player...
  • @ibabyloveb87 yesterday I kept thinking it was Wednesday - my DH works at another location on Tues/Thurs so I'm lucky I ended up at the right place to pick him up lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @emmaaa Ugh, that sucks! I don't know what it is about rain, but it turns people into idiots. That would've scared me too. I'm constantly worried about getting in a wreck while pregnant, and thinking about what I would do if I got in a wreck with Baby here and in the back seat. If it was someone else's fault, I would turn evil mama bear on them!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @emmaaa holy crap that's terrifying, but I'm glad you're okay.  I'm like @bamacoop every time I get in the car now I'm freaked out I'm going to get into an accident.  It's horrible because people don't know how to drive in the rain, snow or sunshine
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I drive over 60 miles to work so I have been in a constant fear/"what if" the whole third tri. I don't why it didn't bother me as much until lately but it makes me very anxious.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @emmaaa This rain has sucked!! Glad you're okay! I worry about getting in a wreck all the time and I drive 5 minutes to work in our small town. Bless you for driving that far! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @emmaaa That sound soo terrifying. Driving in the pouring rain is so stressful. :(

WTF to milk-swollen boobs. Ouch. 
  • WTF to my sitter she was late to watch DS1 this morning so I was 15mins late to my appointment. Sat in traffic then waited longer to see OB because I was late..... Now at work yippee!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• WTF to everyone in my house is sick, including myself. Being 9 months pregnant and sick  and taking care of two sick kids is not fun at all.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @emmaaa ah that is so scary! I'm glad you're okay. Quite a few years back I was riding with a coworker and she apparently had very little experience driving in the rain and we ended up hydroplaning and then she over-corrected which meant me rolled 1.5 times and landed upside down. We were so lucky we didn't collide with a tractor trailer that had been in the other lane, and that we both walked away with just cuts and bruises. Hydroplaning can be super dangerous. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • So scary @emmaaa! Driving is super scary lately, I'm a really good, cautious driver, but everyone else is terrible! I was driving to work the other day and a big Mack construction truck just went crossing into my lane so I had to slam on  my brakes. Luckily the seat belt didn't dig in because I had my hand there as a buffer for this very reason but it was the same thing, started crying because it was so close and scared me. I wanted to follow this guy and give him a piece of my pregnancy rage mind 
  • WTF to HR... Today is my last day in the office as I'll be working from home until I deliver. I'm trying to fill out all of my leave paper work and it is SO DAMN COMPLICATED. They make you jump through 400 hoops like you're the first person to ever have a baby. It's so frustrating and I'm already emotional, hormonal and exhausted. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @emmaaa I'm glad you were able to avoid an accident!  I hate driving generally, but driving while pregnant is scarier for some reason.  Maybe it's because I feel spacey while pregnant or maybe it's because my mom got into an accident with a snowplow when she was pregnant with me and now it's imprinted on me :smile:
  • @emmaaa happy you're ok! and I give you  lots of credit for your commute. I don't miss traveling that far. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @MRSCORKER dealing with HR and maternity leave is awful!! It's like nobody has ever had a baby before and they don't want to make it easy for you. Gahhhh if only we had a standard leave time!! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • WTF to random power cuts. I know this is Tanzania but we've been doing SO well! I was just starting to get used to regular electricity... and now its dark dark dark. Plus I just got startled my the shadow of a the lighbulb because I thought some massive bug was on the ceiling. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • @sportiegrl1213 Thanks! I've been here for 3 years. Before that I was in college and commuted 45 minutes all three years. FWIW, I live in the middle of nowhere so I have to drive about 30 minutes to town anyways. I'm just used to it.

But they are lucky I love my job.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• HR sucks here too.... and we do have a standard time, its supposed to be at 34weeks or if you and your doctor agree that it's safe it can be until week 38... but still, the paperwork and everything is just a mess.... They should do it easier, it's already complicated just being pregnant...
  • @emmaaa @CopperBoom86, glad you ladies are safe!  It's scary driving out there, especially when it's raining.  

@MRSCORKER, ugh.  filling out paperwork for the leave stuff is awful!  LIke, are all of these questions really necessary???  

• @emmaaa - That is super scary! I hydroplaned Sunday morning on my way to church after someone pulled out in front of me. I said some very unsavory words I had to repent for later lol. 

WTF to constantly bouncing back and forth between: 

"ZOMG I'M SO READY FOR THIS BABY TO BE HERE; I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET HER; I'M TRIED OF BEING PREGNANT; THIS IS TAKING FOREVER..." 

and

"OH SHIT, WE ONLY HAVE 27 DAYS UNTIL MY DUE DATE; THERE'S SO MUCH LEFT TO DO; WAS THIS WHOLE BABY THING EVEN A GOOD IDEA?!?!"

Can't. Take. The Whiplash.    Slowly. Losing. Mind.     Halp. 

Right there with you :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• WTF to constantly bouncing back and forth between: 

"ZOMG I'M SO READY FOR THIS BABY TO BE HERE; I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET HER; I'M TRIED OF BEING PREGNANT; THIS IS TAKING FOREVER..." 

and

"OH SHIT, WE ONLY HAVE 27 DAYS UNTIL MY DUE DATE; THERE'S SO MUCH LEFT TO DO; WAS THIS WHOLE BABY THING EVEN A GOOD IDEA?!?!"

This is my life!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @mizzkbrat Happy Birthday!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• WTF to my back hurting so much today!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • WTF uterus?  I've been having random contractions all day that do not ease up when I lay down but they have also not gotten any worse. Are we doing this or no??
  • @Cooperboom86, yes yes yes to this. 

WTF to a 3 day migraine. 
  • WTF to my OB! Most days I appreciate her in and out efficientness because let's admit it, no one wants to be in a doctor's room longer than we have to, especially if it's a weekly date.  But, thanks to you ladies talking about the DTAP, I went to my family doctor today to get it and he told me they usually recommend it in 3rd tri but before 36 weeks (and I'm 37+2).  He still gave it to me, but c'mon OB!! You think you would have mentioned it I donno 7-8 weeks ago?!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @MRSCORKER I'm HR and the only thing worse than filling it out is printing and preparing it for the other 10 preggos in my building :smile:

WTF again to DH's x-employer. They're a small company and are basically making this lay off up as they go. They told DH today that they won't even cover his insurance through the end of the month. He has two appointments before then and needs to refill his meds which will cost us $800 out of pocket. I can't get him on my insurance until 10/1. I don't know what we're going to do. 

• @ByeBabyBunting I'm so sorry for the stress you're going through with your H's job. That's ridiculous!

I work for a HUGE international corporation so anything to do with HR is a cluster. Our rep is sweet as pie but with such a big company, there are just so many hoops to jump through. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• So my DH's best friend got married on Saturday. Her maid of honor is the literal worst. She's so fake and hates me for some reason. When DH and I show up somewhere that she is, she's super friendly and hugs me. But as soon as my DH or his best friend turn their back, she is so rude to me.

Saturday night I was walking across the reception hall to grab my DH and I saw that she was hugging him goodbye. So I groan and head that way, ready to fake it, but she finishes and walks away before I get there. Her and her H were weaving through tables, barreling straight for me, but she's very pointedly not looking me in the eye. I go to move out of the way but can't since there's no room and I'm huge.... but that didn't stop her from storming right past me! She hit me, slamming the baby into the back of one of the dinner chairs, and kept walking without a word. This evening she sent me a friend request on FB. Wtf?!

Shes been FB friends with my husband since before I even knew him and we've been together 5 years. Why now? Why at all??? I'm curious as to her motive here... and kind of wondering if my DH's best friend saw it happen and called the girl out on it

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @ByeBabyBunting  Can your H call the insurance company directly and ask to pay the premium himself or to extend through COBRA?  Generally, a workplace has to pay the insurance premium in advance, and an employee can't be dropped mid-month, so this is super shady.  I'd recommend contacting the insurance company; I wonder if the workplace is behind on premiums and this is one way they're freeing up money.  Good luck!
  • @mayisch in general those weight estimates can be off by up to a pound either way, so you may end up being fine.  My sister's OB told her that her baby was supposed to be around 9 pounds, she barely weighed 6 at birth.  They also told me at my 32 week scan my baby was already 5 pounds, but I'm taking it with a grain of salt.
    Me: 35 DH: 39
    Married: 10/11/15
    Baby girl Addie born 10/12/16 <3:)<3

• @emmaaa - That is super scary! I hydroplaned Sunday morning on my way to church after someone pulled out in front of me. I said some very unsavory words I had to repent for later lol. 

WTF to constantly bouncing back and forth between: 

and

Yes. I hear all these people saying how by the end they're just ready to get this baby out and ready to go. I kind've am...I'm so ready to have him in my arms but at the same time I don't feel mentally prepared for labor AT ALL. I just don't know what to expect or how I'm going to handle it. And I keep finding more things that I "need" to do before he arrives, my list just keeps getting longer.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • FemShep said:
    @ByeBabyBunting  Can your H call the insurance company directly and ask to pay the premium himself or to extend through COBRA?  Generally, a workplace has to pay the insurance premium in advance, and an employee can't be dropped mid-month, so this is super shady.  I'd recommend contacting the insurance company; I wonder if the workplace is behind on premiums and this is one way they're freeing up money.  Good luck!
    So much this! i used to add and drop employees from our insurance policy when I worked for a very small company and you couldn't drop in the middle of the month- the policy is pre paid. 

And the small company I worked for had COBRA. It was a requirement by the state. I'm not sure where you are though and all states are different. Is there anyway he can the prescriptions filled early? Like could he call the doctor and ask them to write out a new prescription since he is going to lose insurance? Can he go without the prescription for the small time period? Also, check with the phamaracist- see if maybe they can give you the week of medicine and then you can refill it once your insurance kicks in. It's only a week so they might be willing to do it.