September 2015 Moms

For the next baby

recently my husband and I have been talking about when to have our next baby. In my mind I wanted to wait until next spring, last night he said he was ready whenever. The thing is I have baby fever and that didn't help :) what are you plans? 

Re: For the next baby

• We are planning to stop preventing around December! And right now it's consuuuuuming my thoughts lol. Big time baby fever. But most days I think I'm crazy with how busy my daughter makes me. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• I'd love to have another baby someday but this first one has been such a terrible sleeper for the past year I just don't know if I have it in me for another. Plus I'm not sure we could afford two kids in daycare at once! I think we'll talk about it seriously in one year from now and see how we're doing financially and emotionally. But please post all your bump pictures when it happens because I love seeing prego ladies! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Im still not sure either! We were talking about how much more daycare will be (two for one discount is a thing right? Lol) also if we have a boy having to buy more clothes and keeping up with two kids! But man I do miss little baby cuddles! December seems like a good time to start trying 
  • We're already trying. Went back on Clomid this month, in fact. Hoping it happens quickly this time, since infertility is a bitch (took a year before doctors would even speak to me last time). But I'm battling a deployable submarine's schedule and have about a three month window where my husband will be home enough to hopefully have a shot. Fingers crossed!
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Starting in the next few months as well. But so scared for number two! It will change everything! But so worth it  <3
  • I think I'll be there with you @dmbfan46835 And I hope you get good news soon :)@ktewart
  • We are not at all ready for baby number 2. We meaning me and my LO. He is such a mommas boy I couldn't imagine having to share my attention so soon. I am good with a several year age gap. I also second @jweber4747, my LO just started sleeping through the night consistently around his birthday. I have a years worth of sleep to catch up on lol.
  • After DD1 it took a while to feel healed, back up to speed at work, etc. Just before she turned 2, we had discussed trying in the new year. Got pregnant that month (took 8m of trying with DD1)! The age gap is 2y, 9m, and it's been perfect. DD1 was sleeping independently, fully potty trained day and night, and could help me with small tasks. They love each other so much, play together well. No plans for another pregnancy. I want to foster (by 2018) and eventually adopt an older child once the girls are both in school (ideally between their ages).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're planning to start trying in August! I just went back to work and am about to wean from exclusively pumping. I'm ready to have my body back for a bit and I'm loving all my time with my LO! Congrats ladies! :) 
  • No clue. We had a pregnancy scare about a month ago and I think it brought my husband and I both to the realization we aren't ready for another kid. I really do want a second one though but he's completely on the fence, leaning towards not having another. It took us 6 years to get on the same page about having the first one, I'm hopeful we won't have to take another 6 years to agree on when or if to have a second. If we do, I really want it to be in the next couple of years.
  • I just want to get through the holidays and enjoy them without being completely exhausted (aka 1st tri) although with LO still not sleeping through the night, tired may just be a permanent state for many years to come lol. Either way, come new years, we will stop preventing.   With DS1 we ended up pregnant on the first shot (literally! Lol)  so who knows!! 
  • jen83mnjen83mn member
    edited September 2016
    Originally we were going to wait until the spring so they'd be 2-1/2 years apart, but now we've decided to start trying in December, so at the earliest they'd be 2 years apart. If we don't get pregnant in the first three months, we'll stop trying for a few months in the "winter baby" months, then start trying again in June.

(We have WAY too many winter babies in our families and celebrating birthdays has become a chore more than anything, so I'm determined not to add to the winter birthdays! Plus, winter in Minnesota is awful, and I don't want to be cooped up inside for three whole months with a newborn. Our daily walks on my maternity leave kept me sane!)

I have major baby fever again now that my bro just had his first kiddo last week! Plus, I'm turning 34 in January and don't want to wait too long to have our next kiddo (we plan on having two total). 
  • mrsbaczmrsbacz member
    edited September 2016
    We're going to start trying in June. I would like a spring baby since all of my families birthdays run June-December and nothing from January-May. Also, to not be 9 months pregnant in 100+ degree weather again! And that would put around two and a half years between my son and baby #2. 

I had stopped taking my birth control mid-December for my son and we got pregnant on the 26th (my husbands birthday haha). So I'm hoping the next time is just as quick otherwise I'm not too sure about stopping/starting trying. We haven't gotten that far yet, just hoping for the best come June!
  • We plan to start trying late spring early summer. It took 2.5 years last time so hopefully this time will be quicker. I'm hoping for w.t to 3 years between them but we will see 
  • Our only form of birth control is condoms and I've stopped letting him use them lol I have symptoms now so I'd be thrilled if I am, but if not we are trying 
  • One and DONE!
    Lol i said that too when i had DD & i was 18 @ the time. 4 years & 4 months later i wanted another & ened up with my twin boys lol. Now im done. 24 with 3 kids i think is good lol. Got my tubes tied 11 hours after their birth.

Wish all you ladies luck, & best wishes!
  • We are trying but not trying to me its confusing i know my husband wants another baby and he will tell our son aww you are all alone tell momma you need someone to play with but im scared to have another  i love our son but to have another little baby that will consume my time my little one now consumes ALL my time how will i manage and well we arent in the greatest living situation either. But i do miss the baby times he is so big now walking around talking litttle by little. Oh and i also dont forget how extremely uncomfortable i was during my pregnancy but when i got to hold him and seeing him grow makes it all worth it. Who knows if i will get pregnant if i do then yes if i dont then thats good more time to save and be in a better place.
     Good luck to all you upcoming mamas to be agian !!! 
  • Well just 2 nights ago we didn't "do anything to stop it" I already feel pregnant. I know that's crazy to say, but with my first, I knew within the first 2 weeks i was pregnant. We have been back and forth for a while now. I have baby fever and If we're pregnant now, DD will be just 2 months shy of being 2 years old. I think that would be a great gap! Sucks because i have lost all my baby weight and then some, so if i am pregnant, not looking forward to becoming the size of a house again, but it is all totally worth it!!
  • @mrsmctaggart6  I know how that goes!
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Hubby has been saying for months that we should knock them all out at once since we already aren't sleeping, are doing the diaper thing, etc. Just a few weeks ago I started feeling ready to talk about trying again. His response? "It's not up to me. It's not my body." I'm pretty sure he just wants to be able to pull a "it wasn't my idea" when we get stressed.

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • ^^^^^ OMG! This too! 
  • I am so torn on this topic...first of all congratulations to all my bump month mommas who are expanding their family!!! 

My LO was very planned and we got pregnant the first time we tried. Massive blessing. I don't know how many of the early January joined S15 mommas remember but I had awful, not common symptoms that mimic Lymes disease. No morning sickness but my knees wouldn't bend, my wrists wouldn't bend. Horrible pain. I was physically bedridden and wasn't even showing yet. Everything quit around 28/30 weeks, had my LO at 39 weeks. Then while pregnant they found very aggressive pre-cancer cells on my cervix and I had surgery immediately following giving birth. They had to take a lot more of my cervix than they thought. Now, I'm being told I will have a hard time carrying full term. TERRIFYING thought. Bottom line, we can't afford live in care for my LO and my pregnant Lyme disease bedridden self. How would I manage that? I truly don't know how I would manage. I have never had a loss and don't think I would handle it well. I'm still trying to figure out if or when we will try again. 
  • I hope to have baby number 2 either just before or just after LO turns 3. But on doctors orders I have to wait for at least 18 months before having baby number 2 due to how my c section went. So I still have to wait 6 months before I can start trying. However DH isn't sure we will be ready lol. Hopefully he will be ready then! 
  • @LoveLee85 I did not know that was your experience. I am so sorry to hear you had to endure all that pain ON TOP of regular pregnancy symptoms.

To the few mom's who mentioned that they are still "recovering", I'm right there with you! My daughter is lovely and I adore her...but she was an incredibly high needs baby. I am not kidding that my husband and I JUST experienced our FIRST evening of feeling like "old times" last weekend. We've been in triage mode for an entire year. 

I mi just started a business and work outside the home part time. I'm having a TON of fun with it and finally feel like me again.

I'm going to coast and enjoy life with my little family.

I probably want one more but right now I actually feel like I don't want to go through that first year again at all. My guess is we won't even consider getting pregnant until my daughter is over two years, maybe three.

I'm only 32 so I'm not too worried about age...yet. :)
  • I want another baby like yesterday! We haven't prevented at all since DD was six months! She is currently 12 months, but still no regular menstrual cycle even after significantly cutting down nursing. Not getting my hopes up too high because DD was a surprise baby! We were actually on a waiting list to see a fertility doctor when I got my BFP with her! 
  • We have said we will start trying when our DS is almost 2 or on his 2nd birthday ha but we both agree if it happens in the meantime so be it :)
  • Good luck to everyone! It's so exciting reading everyone's plans :)
  • Congratulations to all the expecting mamas again, so exciting!  We are definitely not ready for another yet.  Our conversations have turned from "this is our one and only" to "if we ever decide to do this again"...so there is some progress! If we do decide to try again, it won't be anytime in the near future.  Ideally, I would want to wait until LO was in preschool or older, but I don't know if that would work out.  I am 34, so I'm not the youngest of the bunch anymore.  Our son wasn't the easiest baby, dealing with reflux, and not the greatest sleeper for the longest time. Now he is SO active and into everything non-stop.  He was an early walker at 10 months.  He never sits down and just relaxes, it's just go-go-go.  I don't know how I could handle him still being at home, and having a newborn at the same time.  Soooo...maybe once he's in some sort of schooling and I would just have to focus on one baby.  I'd LOVE to have a little girl and be done with two...have one of each.  So we'll see...it did take us a year and a half to conceive our LO, so who knows how long it could take next time!
  • amp61470 said:
    For me I don't think it's a possibility. I turned 46 in June and Chase is my rainbow baby. Three miscarriages in the 3 years leading up to him makes me think I shouldn't even entertain the thought. He may end up my only one but wow did I get lucky with him. He is the most chill baby I've ever met. He's a great sleeper and hardly ever fusses unless he's hungry, tired or a tooth just popped through. What are the chances of getting another like him? I wish you ladies lots of luck and I am incredibly jealous. Who knows maybe it'll happen again for me I am just not counting on it. However, I had given up before him too. We weren't trying anymore and boom what I thought was pre-menapause ended up being my sweet little man! 
    I really hope you get another nice surprise.

4 miscarriages in 2 years before my daughter for me and I'm hoping the journey to the next baby isn't quite so complicated. 
    Thank you. fingers crossed for us both.
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012