Baby Names

Girl name ideas? DH and I are stuck!

We currently have three kids Ma.de.lei.ne, Hen.ry, and El.ean.or. Our last name starts with a J, ends with an S and is 1 syllable.

Our list is very short and I don't love any of them:

Louise (This is DH's top pick, named after his grandma}
Amelia (Seems really popular now)
Claire
Josephine (NN Jo for MY grandma - I really like this, but I don't know if I can get past the alliteration.)

Her middle name will start with an R. Not sure what yet, but all the other kids ended up with R middle names.

Any other suggestions?

Baby 1 - 10/2010 | Baby 2 - 8/2012 | Baby 3 - 6/2014 | Baby 4 - EDD 8/2016 - MC 12-27-2015 | Baby 5 - : 9/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Girl name ideas? DH and I are stuck!

• Honestly I think your list is great. You are going to want to stay with classic type names to fit with your sib set. FWIW I think Josephine Louise sounds really nice.

I would suggest adding:
    Catherine
    Evelyn
    Victoria
    Vivian
  • I really like Louise with your sibset.

Not knowing what r na message have been used...

Louise Ruth
    Louise Reina
    Louise Rosa
    Louise Rachel
    Louise Rebecca 
    Louise Regina 
    Louise Renata
    Louise Rosalind
    Louise Rochelle 
    Louise Roxanne 

Other names to go with your sibset

Christine 
    Agatha 
    Delphine 
    Felicity 
    Florence 
    Wilhelmina 
  • Loading the player...
  • Agree, you picked great names that go with your sibset. Josephine I like the most. 
    Abigail 
    Evangeline 
    Camilla 
    Evelyn 
    Anastasia 

• I like Josephine the best. Josephine Renee came to mind.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Great list. I also love Josephine, but I would be afraid people would call her JJ.
    Beatrice Rae
    Eileen Rochelle
    Helen Ruth
    Marcia Rae
    Lena Rose
    Sylvie Rose
    Elizabeth Joy
    Teresa Renee

• I love Louise or Louisa & Josephine from your list.  I also love pp's suggestions of Abigail & Beatrice. Suggesting Anna, Alice, Sarah or Sadie, Chloe, Hazel.  For R names I love Ruth, Renee, Rosalind & suggesting Rhiannon. 
  • Adelaide
    Adeline
    Sadie
    Alma
    Beatrice
    Dorothy/Dorothea
    Edith
    Elsa/Elsie
    Etta
    Hattie
    Ramona
    Harriet
    Hazel
    Idela
    Imogen
    Mabel
    Matilda
    Maeve
    Violet
    Penelope
    Olive
    Ruth
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

• Claire Rosalie
  • There's a lot of alliteration in my name and it's never been an issue - and I was called JJ as a pp suggested which I actually kind of liked. My DD is Josephine and our last name is also 3 syllables. We thought it would be awkward but it's not at all. Go with what you love, no regrets.
  • I love that you're considering Louise! Beautiful name and one that you don't hear often anymore. I may be biased because it's also a family name for me. 
  • Claire, very classic.

With your 1-syllable J last name, I'm thinking "Jo Johns" or "Jo Jeffs" or "Jo Jinds" is just a little too country (and alliterative) if you want to use the NN "Jo". NMS.
  • What about Louisa instead of Louise? 

Due December 27th with baby #7