Babies: 6 - 9 Months

how do you dress baby for bed?

I am always concerned that my LO may be too warm or too cold. Since i cant use blankets I normally put a onesie under his PJs and he seems fine. The temperature in his room according to the baby monitor ranges from 72-75 degrees. How do you dress your LO for bed?

Re: how do you dress baby for bed?

• When my son was 6-9 months we put him in long sleeved foot pjs and a fleece sleep sack but we kept our house 68-70 at night. Now we don't use a sleep sack and he's 1 year old so we just do pjs. House is usually 70.
  • rjanicerjanice member
    Onsie with pj pants, no socks.  He sleeps with a receiving blanket, a fleece blanket and a stuffed monkey in his crib.  I usually cover him with the receiving blanket when he goes down.  When he wakes up he is hugging the monkey with one hand and clinging on the fleece blanket. He'll be 9 months tomorrow and this has been our thing since 5 months
  • Loading the player...
  • abloom6510abloom6510 member
    edited May 2016
    footie pjs. other wise her feet are like ice and she tends to wake up more often.
  • Footless pajamas (long sleeved top and pajama bottoms) with a fleece sleep sack and her A&A lovey. She's just shy of 8 months. 
  • Almost 9 months and been sleeping in onesie and footie zip up pj's since about 6 months. Once they are rolling both ways and/or sleeping on side or tummy they are better off out of sleep sack so they can practice moving freely. Our dr said they make a lot of their leaps/advancements in their crib. Before that she also had a sleep sack. And if it's a hot night we will do footless. 
  • My baby sleeps so hot!! He sleeps in his diaper and socks under his magic sleep suit. And we have the cotton magic sleep suit. And he still is hot.. We leave our hours at about 68-70. 
  • kde4kde4 member
    We almost always put them in footie pjs with a sleepsack. Depending on the temperature, we either use a cotton or fleece sleepsack.

www.theydontfeedthemselves.com

My favorite activities and tips for surviving different phases with our twins!

• just footie PJs
  • Only footie pajamas! We keep our house in the low 70s
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• Wow. My 6 month old sleeps in just a diaper. He is a warm little dude though and we bed share so he has blanket but usually even this makes him sweat. At night the thermostat goes down to 69
  • My 6.5 month old sleeps in a onesie and a sleep sack. House is usually 72-ish
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
  • Goodness i feel like i over dress my lo!! It's nearly winter here and we get snow.  It's freezing. 
    My lo wears a thermal top and leggings,  a fleece onesie,  sleep sack. 
    Then his cot blanket that i tuck in underneath the mattress
  • Sleeper and light cotton sleep sack. Out AC is at 75 otherwise she gets too cold. 
  • Lately it's just a onesie. It's been warm and we don't have AC in yet. 
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • @melalinga  omg, what you must go through for middle of the night diaper changes! 
  • 1stTimelove1stTimelove member
    edited July 2016
    My DD sleeps in just a onesie now that it's summer. We have hot summer nights and the house is normally 75-77 at night. She also has a soft, light blanket that she can easily wiggle off of her if she gets too warm.
  • It's 110 degrees here so he sleeps in a T and shorts pjs. There's a ceiling fan directly above our bed and we have the AC on 77 24/7. It's nice and cool. 
  • My baby wears a lightweight sleeper. I keep the AC at 73/74. 
  • Lately, it's been a footed sleeper if it's chilly, and if it's warm, a onesie only. She also uses a muslin blanket. I find it really interesting that when I put her in long sleeves, her hands are like ice, but if I leave her in short sleeves or in just a diaper, she's consistently warm all over.
  • Footie or footless sleepers and a receiving blanket. We had to sidecar the crib, so I'm comfortable with him having a blanket. We were bed sharing originally, and I'm able to keep an eye on him throughout the night. We keep our apartment at 68 at night because DH and I get so hot all the time.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• LO is 7 months old and he stays comfy in a onesie and sleepsack. His room is generally around 70 - 73 degrees. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Footie pajamas and a sleep sack. 
    Get a sleep sack, easy fix!
  • Long sleeve footed pajamas. DD has been wearing them since day one. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How well do your babies sleep in the sleep sack? Mine occasionally wakes up and stands up in bed and he likes to move around, im worried that it wont work well for him. My ped recommended fleece footies? I have always put him to sleep in cotton and not sure about fleece sleep sack and or footies?
  • Vik9 said:
    How well do your babies sleep in the sleep sack? Mine occasionally wakes up and stands up in bed and he likes to move around, im worried that it wont work well for him. My ped recommended fleece footies? I have always put him to sleep in cotton and not sure about fleece sleep sack and or footies?
    I used fleece PJs last winter and they worked great. 
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • Vik9 said:
    How well do your babies sleep in the sleep sack? Mine occasionally wakes up and stands up in bed and he likes to move around, im worried that it wont work well for him. My ped recommended fleece footies? I have always put him to sleep in cotton and not sure about fleece sleep sack and or footies?
    DD was born in Feb so it was still cold in March and April, I use fleece footies at the beginning and use cotton footies now that it is warmer. I will have some fleece footies for this upcoming winter as well to mix in with her cotton. Cotton seem to be fine so far, if it is a really cold night then I go for the fleece. Footies have worked since the beginning. I used the Halo sleepsack's at the beginning but by 6 weeks I took it away because it really didn't matter if she had them or not, she slept fine with them and w/o them. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Onsie and a Carters sleep sack 

we live in AZ and it gets expensive to run the AC all the time. Our house is usually at 82 degrees. The bedroom is cooler though, and there's a ceiling fan. 

Ahe doesn't usually sweat, but if she does, I just unzip the sleep sack. 

She HATES pajamas. Hates them. She won't go to
    sleep easily if she's wearing pajamas. I don't know what we're gonna do when she's able to stand and won't fit in the sleep sack. 

Pregnancy Ticker