Baby Names

Sister for Charlotte

Needing opinions on the following names! We love all of these names but have some hesitations with each.

- Lucy (too cutesy? Lucille doesn't work with our last name)
- Gemma (my sister says this will always be mispronounced- true? I figured if someone can say Gem, they can say Gemma..)
- Jane (too simple next to Charlotte?)
- Veda (I've heard this is a type of Indian food.. we live in a city with a large population of people from India so I'm not sure if this should be an issue)

TIA! If you have any other suggestions- please share :) We like classic names.

Re: Sister for Charlotte

• Of your choices I like Lucy and think it goes well with Charlotte. Lucia is another full name that might go better with your last name.

Suggesting:
    Amelia
    Clementine
    Georgina
    Josephine
    Madeline
    Margaret
    Isabella
    Annabelle
    Alice
    Adeline
    Miranda 
    Ruth 
    Rosemary
    Ruby
  • I like Gemma (I don't think it will be mispronounced) and Veda. I like pp's suggestion of Lucia, I've just never been a fan of Lucy/Lucille. What's the MN?
    The McC 3 - DH, (38) Me, (34) and DS (3)
    A.J.M. - Born 6/11/13 after 17 BFNs including 1 failed IUI.
    Maybe Baby #2 - Started TTC Feb 2015. Called it quits after 29 cycles. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Needing opinions on the following names! We love all of these names but have some hesitations with each.

- Gemma (my sister says this will always be mispronounced- true? I figured if someone can say Gem, they can say Gemma..)
    - Veda (I've heard this is a type of Indian food.. we live in a city with a large population of people from India so I'm not sure if this should be an issue)

I like Lucy.

Other suggestions:
    Abigail
    Paige
    Katherine
    Evelyn
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Lucy is so sweet and goes great with Charlotte. 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • TheMcC3 said:
    I like Gemma (I don't think it will be mispronounced) and Veda. I like pp's suggestion of Lucia, I've just never been a fan of Lucy/Lucille. What's the MN?
    It would be Gemma Ruth, Lucy Violet, Veda (no mn ideas yet) or Jane Eliza
  • Gemma is in my top 3. I Love it! I think it sounds great with Ruth.
  • Gemma is adorable and sounds great with Charlotte
  • I like all four of the names on your list, especially Lucy.

Another suggestion: I'm biased but have you considered Elise?  :)
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • I love Lucy! Especially paired with the MN Violet. Violet is my DD#2's name and we get complimented on it all the time. We are actually considering Lucia for #3's MN ourselves, too. 
    DD #1 Eva- April 2011
    DD #2 Violet- October 2013
    DD#3 Due New Year's Eve 2016

• Of your choices I like Lucy and think it goes well with Charlotte. Lucia is another full name that might go better with your last name.

Suggesting:
    Amelia
    Clementine
    Georgina
    Josephine
    Madeline
    Margaret
    Isabella
    Annabelle
    Alice
    Adeline
    Miranda 
    Ruth 
    Rosemary
    Ruby
    I love so many of these names! Hubby vetoed them though :neutral: Ruby because it rhymes with booby (*roll eyes*), he said Amelia sounds like a disease (I'm a nurse and think I would be the first person to think if a name sounded like a disease!), Georgia was too similar to the royal Charlotte and George, Margaret sounded too similar to Charlotte, and he vetoed Josephine just because of the nickname Josie. Some of my favorite names though! I'll show him your list and see if he likes any :smile: thanks!
  • Needing opinions on the following names! We love all of these names but have some hesitations with each.

I like Lucy.

Other suggestions:
    Abigail
    Paige
    Katherine
    Evelyn
    I love Katherine and Evelyn! I'm not sure if Katherine would be too over-the-too "royal family" sounding since we would name a future son (if we had one) after my husband who is a William :neutral: I'll see what he thinks though! Thanks :smile:
  • mill1020 said:
    I like all four of the names on your list, especially Lucy.

Another suggestion: I'm biased but have you considered Elise?  :)
    Stuck in the box- love Elise too! 
  • I think all the names on your list go with Charlotte. Lucy probably goes the best, and I think it's fine on its own (though Lucia is pretty too). 

I also like Jane. 

Some other ideas:
    Eliza as the fn 
    Margot
    Anna
    Emily

• Lucy!
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• Im definitely in the minority here but Lucy is one of those names I want to like but I do think it sounds too cutesy. I think Jane goes great with Charlotte.
  • @momma2char the Ruby booby association literally made me LOL... I love Ruby for a girl too but DH vetoed, although he did not give as entertaining of a reason  :D
  • - Lucy NMS
    - Gemma I don't think this will be mispronounced and I love this name :)
    - Jane I think it's kind of plane compared with Charlotte.
    - Veda NMS

I think Eloise would go great with Charlotte.

• None of these are formal enough to go with Charlotte. 

Elizabeth 
    Margot
    Catherine
    Alexandra
    Helena
    Genavieve
    Jacqueline 
    Lisette

(Trying to throw a couple French options to go with Charlotte)
  • Kathleen
    Vera
    Francine
    Sonja
    Ingrid
    Lael
    Dagney
    Lizbeth
    Eleanor
    Pearl
  • I've always really loved the name Gemma and think it works really well with Charlotte.  

My husband won't let me use it because he's a huge fan of Sons of Anarchy and I guess there's a Gemma in the show...he can't get past that association.  
  • Love Gemma followed closely by Veda! I have an Ivy and a Charlotte.  If I had another girl she would be Gemma (considered Gemma for Charlotte ).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm the minority, I think Veda is great.  It goes great with Charlotte in the aspect that it's sweet yet unexpected.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • I love Veda. It always reminds me of the movie My Girl! The first name that came to mind for me was Faye, which I think is simple and sweet like Jane, but at the same time it is unexpected.
  • Jane!! So simple and cute. 
  • So sorry for the late reply- thank you so much for your responses! 
  • I like Lucy out of your names. I also love Olivia