Baby Names
Options

Girl Names - Help!

LecoolLecool member
edited September 2016 in Baby Names
I thought that DH and I agreed on a name last week – but apparently not. I'm coming up blank for more ideas, and I'm hoping that you guys could help me brainstorm a few more.

My pick: Ivy
DH's pick: Aubrey

Names I like (but he vetoed):
Eden
Sienna
Kate

Names he likes (but I vetoed):
Sophia
Riley
Skylar

As you can see, we have totally different tastes. Any ideas?

Me: 28 | DH: 31
Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
TTC #1 since November 2015
BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Girl Names - Help!

• Options
    Evelyn
    Olivia 
    Ciara
    Sierra
    Veda
    Irene 
    Margot 

• Options
    Wow, that really is tough. Honestly one of the best ideas I saw was to print off a lite of names (100-1000, you know however many you want) and then you both go through highlight names you like. Anything you both have in common are the only ones you discuss.

Seems tedious but if you are having a tough time it may be best to do it this way.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Ivy the most. 
    How about Iris? 
    Camilla(e) 
    Elise 
    Natalie 

• Options
    Love Natalie, it's one of my favs

other ideas:
    Vera
    Mia
    Rosalie
    Marissa
  • Options
    Harper
    Honor
    Morgan
    Addison
    Peyton
    Scarlett
    Isabelle
    Hannah
    Lyla/Layla
    Stella
    Calliope
    Madeline
    Nora
    Aurora
    Briar
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

• Options
    Or you could let him pick a name that could be a long form of Kate (Katherine, Katlyn, Katia, Catarina, Kathleen etc).
    Or find other versions of names that one of you likes (Skylah instead of Skyler, Rilynn instead of Riley, Audrey instead of Aubrey etc)

Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                                              Pancolitis

• Options
    Lily/Liliana/Lillian
    Lucy/Lucille
    Clara/Claire
    Emme/Elle/Ella
    Sailor/Story/Scout
    Harlow
    Aria
    Cora
    Delilah
    Elodie/Eloise
    Lorelai
    Georgia
    Paige
    Luna
    Piper
    Quinn
    Violet
    Sadie

Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                                              Pancolitis

• Options
    Thanks for all the help guys!

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    they both have similar sounds....maybe focus on name with "ee" at the end and start with a vowel?

Audrey
    Allie
    Ellie
    Amy
    etc.