October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 9/19

Re: Weekly Randoms 9/19

• My twinnies have been in the PICU since last Thursday, which means I've been in the hospital since last Thursday. Long story short, they should have never been released. One will probably be released before the other and I have no idea what I'll do since he can't stay overnight with us. My poor toddler thinks we live in a hospital. I'm only allowed to nurse one so I'm attached to my pump so I don't lose my supply, which is a struggle because I'm stressed and overwhelmed. I just want my family together at home.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Loading the player...
  • How have I missed this thread today? 

@CopperBoom86 Yeah the creeper clowns started in Greenville SC like 15 minutes away from my friend's house. They've really been expanding their territories all the way down to Bama!! Do y'all remember when the first creepy clown was in England somewhere creeping people out? I think that guy ended up being harmless though. 

Also @TurtleMomma - The randoms do not get any love tits from me. I like attention sometimes myself, but not from random strangers really... 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • i have the best labor buddy ever because @turtlemomma you toook the words right out of my mouth. 

im glad babies are born healthy, but AW by using your birth story is much...esp as a drive by. 
  • @nlane0723

I'm so sorry things suck right now  :'(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @nlane0723 sorry to hear about that stressful situation. :(  I hope you guys get to all go home soon!

Lots of period cramps today ladies. :(  and lower back pain, like i'm about to get my period.

But my random for today:  what's your favorite fall scented candle?  wanting to get some online this week!
  • @annabenanna I'm having period like cramps as well. I'm not sure what to make of them. Haven't felt it since early in first tri. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• MRSCORKER said:
    @annabenanna I'm having period like cramps as well. I'm not sure what to make of them. Haven't felt it since early in first tri. 
    Isn't it weird?  I feel like I'm gonna get my period, instead of have a baby soon.  @bnsmith85 had these symptoms too just a few days ago.  
  • Must be where we all are in our pregnancies... I had period cramps last night. They're gone today but lower back pain is back this afternoon 
  • @annabenanna I got a pumpkin cheesecake scented candle from target last year and I LOVED it. I have no clue if they have it again this year since I haven't been to target in a few months.

Also, did @AllyTheKid disappear again?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @amye102485 oooh, i need to hit up target for cat litter.  ill drop by the target by my house tonight and check it out!
  • @nlane0723 your in my thoughts hang in there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • serenaxo84serenaxo84 member
    edited September 2016
    So, what do we think of the rando's on the birth announcement thread?
    I'm thinking maybe they will be active now that they have babies!? Or maybe they are fake!
  • serenaxo84serenaxo84 member
    edited September 2016
    @nlane0723 I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. I can't imagine how stressful it would be to have two babies in the hospital and also have a LO at home. I hope you guys will all be together soon- but go easy on yourself. You're doing all you can and right now it's out of your hands. Are you being released soon? 
  • @nlane0723 good luck- hopefully those things will stabilize sooon. Are you able to go home at all yet? 
  • Holy cracker clowns!  I haven't heard of them but they are terrifying AF! Kinda reminds me of the movie The Purge especially with Halloween coming.  I can't say I'd be surprised if one of them does get shot, especially since they're purposefully trying to be threatening.

@nlane0723 I hope you guys get to go home soon!! Your little men are too cute to be in the hospital.

I don't mind the randos in the birth announcements only cause I like seeing baby pictures, but I don't waste time reading their story.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @CopperBoom86 thank you for the nightmares... I hadn't heard about them but I don't live in the South anymore.  I'm not usually pro-gun, but I will make an exception for clowns with weapons.  Even circus clowns terrify me.  
    Me: 35 DH: 39
    Married: 10/11/15
    Baby girl Addie born 10/12/16 <3:)<3

• @nlane0723 so sorry to hear about how stressful
    things are for you right now. Can't wait for your family to all be home <3

@annabenanna same here with the cramping! So over this.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MRSCORKER I'm in bed watching it!! But DH is watching football in the living room. He would never sit and watch Pretty Woman. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @MRSCORKER I'm in bed watching it!! But DH is watching football in the living room. He would never sit and watch Pretty Woman. 
    I'm surprised myself! I mean, naked Julia Roberts probably helped my case a bit. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

This is EXACTLY what's happening at my house right now hahaha
  • @gatormom2014 Congrats on your surprise little peanut! He's adorable! 

@nlane0723 sorry you guys are back in the hospital! Hope you can all head home for good soon. 
  • @nlane0723 I hope you and the boys get to go home soon.  I'm sorry the hospital discharged them before they were ready.  So frustrating!

Congratulations @gatorMom2014
  • I have a scheduled c-section for Sept 30 at 39w 1d. What if I go into labour before then ....
    Anyone have any experience with this? Is the experience more traumatic or was going into labour fine? Did you go to the hospital right away and get an emergency c-section soon after? So many questions!
  • I have a scheduled c-section for Sept 30 at 39w 1d. What if I go into labour before then ....
    Anyone have any experience with this? Is the experience more traumatic or was going into labour fine? Did you go to the hospital right away and get an emergency c-section soon after? So many questions!
    I don't know why your having a CS but usually you just go in and it's not much of an issue, just sometimes they classify it as an emergency one. In that case. My emergency c section was scary (I won't go into details here cause I don't want to scare others as it was not a common problem but you can PM me and I will tell you what happened) long story short they put me to sleep and baby was out in 7 minutes. 
    Just head to the hospital right away to prevent laboring too quickly and delivering vaginally if your not supposed to. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mrsman2018mrsman2018 member
    edited September 2016
    Schell2013  FTM. Baby is breech, that is why I need the CS. Sorry your experience was so awful. Thanks for your response. 
  • Schell2013  FTM. Baby is breech, that is what I need the CS. Sorry your experience was so awful. Thanks for your response. 
    In that case, just head in when labor starts! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Everything is looking good for me to begin spontaneous labor, except that my cervix is too high. Dr said to DTD on my hands and knees, and it was ok to push and pull at work at my discretion. But how else can i get my cervix to drop... any suggestions????
  • @nlane0723 Thinking of you and your family! 

My random is that my app officially can longer open the birth announcement board without crashing. And it's not even October!! 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • @nlane0723 Aww I can't even begin to imagine how tough that is - I know you probably want nothing more than to just be st home with your babies. Hopefully not much longer! I'm so sorry y'all are having to go through all of this. Keeping you guys in my thoughts!
  • PS
    If you see a scary clown, just go talk them. Blows their minds. 
  • @littlewillie2016 with my first babe who was also breech I had a c section scheduled 2 days before my due date. I ended up going into labor on my own the night before my scheduled CS. It was classified an emergency CS because it wasn't at its planned time. As soon as my water broke and contractions started and I called my doctor and went right to the hospital. It was totally fine. If you have regular contractions or your water breaks call your OB right away. A lot of OBs schedule CS at 39 weeks to avoid going into labor since most pregnancies go to 40+ weeks. 

I think an emergency CS is more traumantic when you go through labor and pushing and then still end up needing a CS but enduring a few hours of contractions wasn't that draining on my body. 
  • I'm 35+5 and can't get comfortable in any sitting position. Is it too early to bounce on the yoga ball? I don't want to do anything that would make me go into labor early. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Hang in there @nlane0723! I know it's rough, but your boys will be home with you soon!!

And, congratulations @gatorMom2014 ! Sounds like quite a surprise, but yay for new baby snuggles earlier than expected!! :)
  • @MRSCORKER my underdstanding is bouncing on the yoga ball just helps your hips/the LO get into the right position. Not necessarily start labor. I think you are safe. :)