Pregnant after IF

**First Trimester Check-in - Week of September 19th**

mrygoroundmrygoround member
edited September 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. We've all gone through a lot to get to this point so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months!

If you are just joining us, please post a little about yourself, your EDD (if it’s not listed below) any upcoming appointments, symptoms, etc. Feel free to also share your IF journey - many of us can relate. 

QOTW: Is your family sentimental about baby related things? What will be passed down to your new baby (clothing, cribs, a book, a nick name, etc.)?

Congrats to all of the Mommies & Daddies to be:

@vlbartlett EDD 3/5/17 - Graduated to 2nd trimester!
@msirni0 EDD 3/8/17 - Graduated to 2nd trimester!
@kfras EDD 3/15/17 - Graduated to 2nd trimester! 
@scooteriste EDD 3/25/17 - Graduated to 2nd trimester!

@AandDM2014 EDD 3/3/17 TRIPLETS!
@pdbird EDD 3/28/17 BABY BOY!
@mrygoround EDD 3/28/17 BABY GIRL!
@Sunflower5678 ;EDD 4/6/17
@2legbaby EDD 4/6/17 BABY GIRL!
@jenn6782 EDD 4/7/17
@cmm012 EDD 4/9/17 BABY BOY!
@ale9687 EDD 4/11/17
@Rachnan EDD 4/13/17 BABY BOY!
@Knottie36622473 EDD 4/13/17
@ConstanceGoodspeed  EDD April '17
@babylonghorn16 EDD 4/16/17
@flanners1 EDD 4/17/17 TWINS! BABY BOY and GIRL!
@Happydays13 
;EDD 4/19/17 TWINS! GIRLS!
@frustrated and ttc EDD? TWINS!
@babymama619 ;EDD 4/30/17
@BornReady EDD 4/28/17
@ADRIANAC1982 ;EDD 4/28/17 
@halips EDD 4/30/17 
@Steff_99 ;EDD 4/30/17
@clt2pwm11 EDD 5/1/17
@teriulbricht EDD 5/1/17
@SanBL ;EDD 5/3/17
@BlueEyedDreamer ;EDD 5/5/17
@TuluminaEDD 5/5/17
@kristynelson13 EDD 5/7/17
@cato99 ;EDD 5/9/17
@LSatturo126 EDD 5/25/17

Let me know if you have any updates or need to be added!!

**** Trigger warning ****

IVF/FET with PGS
EDD March 28, 2017
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: **First Trimester Check-in - Week of September 19th**

• Hey ladies! I've been having an okay week, very filled with symptoms. Lots of hunger, nausea and fatigue. These babies sure are keeping me busy! We also got out our big fall decorations yesterday. We have a lot of railings, and so we have fall garlands we put up every year. DH had some time off from work, and wanted to get them out, so I agreed (as there was no way in heck I was going to get them out!). I also started planning what all needs to be done to get ready for selling our house and moving in a few months, hopefully before the end of the year.

QOTW: My mother saved my bassinet, and DHs mother has been holding on to the one she bought for DHs sisters kids. I don't think we'll be taking either though, especially since mine is quite old. If we have any other things coming to us, I don't know about them. I've gotten a few things from one of DHs cousins and a breast pump and swing from my SIL.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• pdbirdpdbird member
    edited September 2016
    Hey there! I didn't realize I'm here for another week (I've lost track of time). So you're stuck with me! Today, I have my NT (Nucheal Translucency) ultrasound. Otherwise, just feeling gross and my belly is growing. 

QOTW: I have been handed down all the toddler clothes from my nephew for my first son. Now that my DS is almost six, I've saved all clothing, so I won't have to buy a single item of clothing for this boy.
    Me: 37 DH:41
    10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
    1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
    12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
    4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
    5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope your appointment today went well @pdbird!

AFM - Today is the first day in a few that I've had a proper nap... and I was in bed for nearly 4 hours. Guess I really needed it! Hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• @AandDM2014 I suppose your family doesn't have anything to pass down in sets of three. :) I have been sleeping a lot on the weekends, and I'm envious of your nap today!

@pdbird I updated the OP. I'm ready to be done with 1st trimester too! ;) And I just told DH I feel gross - must be a 13 weeks thing. Hope you had a good appointment today. I think we are skipping the NT because I'll be past the window (11-14 weeks) during my next appointment. I'll have to ask my OB or see if DH remembers discussing that.

QOTW: We don't have any family passing down baby items that we know of yet. I've heard talk of a crib, but I'm sure it was manufactured before safety standards changed.

I'm still feeling nauseous about half the time at almost 13 weeks. My weight hasn't changed yet (probably due to MS and food aversions), but my belly and breasts are definitely growing. Time for new bras and maternity pants.

IVF/FET with PGS
    EDD March 28, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrygoround Uh, yeah, nothing like that. I don't have any sets of multiples in either family. And it was a glorious nap! I didn't get to nap this weekend, and I felt so sluggish and tired nearly the entire time. It's hard for me to sleep at night, especially when DH sleeps with me, so it was nice to get a peaceful nap in.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Hi ladies, today's 11w and the last few days my nausea has deffinately decreased. I have been having pains in my tailbone area. It feels like I need to crack my backside but I can't, I've tried some yoga poses to stretch it out and it helps a little but after a day at work it's aching. I am going Thursday for my NT scan, I am excited since its been two weeks since the last time we saw the little one. 

Qotw: my mom bought a bassinet for my sister when she had her first, once she's done using it w her second I'll take it for this little one. I think that's really all that was purposely bought to be passed around between my two sisters and me. My sister has a boy and is pg with a girl so no matter what I have I'll get some hand me down clothes from her. 

• @mrygoround and @AandDM2014  - Appt went well. I cleared all hurdles for genetic disorders. It took about an hour for her to complete the ultrasound because the little rascal wouldn't move the way she wanted and she couldn't get a good image of the neck measurement. I just enjoyed laying there and watching him move about. Looking forward to the 20 week anatomy scan. At 22 weeks, they will be doing a fetal echogram since I did IVF with this embryo. Bonus as I have never had that with my first DS.

Opposite of you, I am gaining weight which is not cool cause I know it isn't the baby. The doctor called and told me my A1C is at 6.1 and I have to go see a nutritionist, so I need to add that to my "to do" list. Kinda annoying, but I get it. I'm getting tightness or cramping at the top of my belly and it is sometimes hard to breathe (mostly at night). Going to as the doc about that in a week.

Have a great week ladies!

Me: 37 DH:41
    10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
    1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
    12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
    4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
    5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • AandDM2014AandDM2014 member
    edited September 2016
    @pdbird I'm glad to hear your scan went well! Hopefully seeing a nutritionist will be helpful for you and you won't get GD!

Edit:
    I busted out my doppler this morning, and I'm pretty sure I heard two of the three hearts! I think the third one is tucked behind the other two, based on how the ultrasounds look, so I wasn't expecting to find them all.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• PRAYERS AND GOOD THOUGHT PLEASE!!!!

So last week I posted about having sex. Well, husband I ended up messing around (not actual sex...sorry tmi) and I started bleeding. Not just a little or spotting or a light period. LIKE GUSHING BLOOD ALL OVER! I'm so upset. It was like 1:30am and I rushed myself to the hospital. They did an u/s and the babies look great. Measuring on time (11w3d and 11w6d)and great heartbeats. There is no answer on why its happening except for us getting intimate. At this point they say there is nothing they can do except just wait it out. I had no idea that much blood could happen just from getting intimate. Like seriously, when the doc was doing a pelvic exam it was dripping out of me and on the floor and all over the table. I'm worried sick. If you believe in God I'm asking for prayers to stop the bleeding. If you don't then sending good thoughts will work too. Please keep us in your thoughts.
  • @frustrated and ttc I will absolutely say a prayer for you! That must have been terrifying. I'm glad you were able to see both babies and that they look good. When DH and I were intimate, I had some spotting, but it doesn't sound like it was anything like what you are experiencing.

I am nauseous as crap this week, and it lasts all day long. I've been eating tiny meals throughout the day, but I'm really concerned about weight gain. I've always weighed about 125 pounds, and I can tell I've really put it on. I have a pooch already and I'm only 8 weeks. I have one pair of pants that fit. I'm trying to eat as healthy as I can, but my food aversion is off the chart. I've definitely been eating less healthy than I normally do, but I know I have to eat something or I'm going to vomit.  It's a catch-22. Today was slightly better. I started with multigrain waffles (not Eggo because apparently those have been recalled), and then I had an orange and nuts as a snack two hours later. I'm just praying things get more tolerable soon because I have PCOS, and I really don't want my symptoms to flare because of what I've had to eat just to manage. I hope that made sense.

As far As the QOTW, my grandmother made blankets for all of us to use for our babies. She died when I was 13, but I've kept it all these years. I probably won't actually use it but will display it in the nursery so I can pass it down one day.
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @clt2pwm11 I'm sorry you've been feeling so horrid. Have you tried SeaBands? They helped me get through the worst I've had. And I hear ya about eating bad and having PCOS. Pre-pregnancy, I was doing relatively low carb, with lots of protein and veggies, but now all I can seem to eat is crap carbs, which I know isn't good for me or the babies. I keep hoping that once the elusive second trimester comes around, I'll be able to clean my diet back up a bit. Hopefully you will too!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @frustrated and ttc so sorry you went through that! It must've been so scary, I'm glad the babies are doing well and I'll keep you in my prayers. 

@clt2pwm11 I'm 5'2 and started at 118 then with all the ivf meds and strict no working out I went up to 128. I seriously thought at my first ob apt I was going to be at least 130+ surprisingly I didn't gain a pound. My bloat looks like a bump but it's really just bloat. 
  • @ale9687 Glad your MS has decreased and I hope you continue to feel better.

@pdbird Yet another test you've mentioned that my OB didn't (or I don't remember), fetal echogram. I will ask about it. We did IVF too. I'm glad you had a good appointment. I would probably be gaining weight if I wasn't still feeling icky most of the time. I am so hungry and rarely feel satiated because I'm still having food issues and have to keep meals small. I am not wasting away though. I gained about 10 lbs. during IF treatment and I'm not losing weight. Seeing a nutritionist is not a bad idea. I have been trying to make sure I get protein and good fats, but like others have posted, all I want are carbs. 

@frustrated and ttc I am so sorry for the scare and I'm glad the babies are ok. 
    I hope the bleeding has slowed down or stopped and I hope you are able to rest (try to relax, feet up, drink water - that's what our doctor told us). 

@clt2pwm11 and @AandDM2014 I can't imagine having to avoid carbs right now. Plain, toasted whole grain waffles are one of my go-tos also.

@clt2pwm11 That's so sweet that your grandma made blankets to pass down and you've carefully kept it.

IVF/FET with PGS
    EDD March 28, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @AandDM2014 I haven't tried the seabands, but I've been considering them. H gets paid tomorrow, so I might go looking for them.

@ale9687 I hope that it is the same with me. I don't mind gaining the weight if it is good for the baby, but like most women I'd rather not gain more than I need to!

@mrygoround She was 87 when she knitted it. I can remember her working on it. She specifically made the blanket gender neutral because she knew she wouldn't be around to see my babies. She was truly a wonderful woman.
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @mrygoround Oh, I don't even pretend to avoid carbs right now. I'm all about pasta and crackers.

@clt2pwm11 I got mine at Target at they were like $11. They should sell them at drug stores too, near where they keep the other motion sickness stuff.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Hi Ladies! I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow and MS is definitely getting better.  It usually hits the hardest in the afternoon, but every week it's definitely subsiding! I was released by my RE last week but have to go back for a blood test on Friday and then I get to see my OB right after!  Hopefully they'll take me off crinone, I'm so over it!

QOTW: Nothing really passed down, but this little boy will get everything from his big brother!  It's kind of exciting to know we don't have to buy tons of clothes.

**Warning - Child Mentioned**

Me: 33, DH: 39   Unexplained Infertility

4 IUIs (chlomid) in 2013 which resulted in DS born in April 2014

TTC #2 since August 2015

5 rounds of IUIs (1 chlomid: resistent, 1 femara, 3 gonal f) = all BFN

ER March 9: 26 eggs retrieved, 19 mature and 17 fertilized, 8 made it to genetic testing, 4 normal!

FET #1 5/31 = BFN

FET#2 7/26 = BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @rachnan I'm glad someone else's ms is subsiding by 11 weeks, I was a little stressed thinking that was too soon for it to go away. Congrats on graduating from your re! By next week they should have you off the crinone, it seems like 12 weeks is about the longest most ppl are on it. 
  • @AandDM2014 I will look for Sea-Bands later today! Thanks! I looked into Diclegis and it causes drowsiness and I don't want to trade nausea for drowsiness while I am working.  :s

@Rachnan Congrats on graduating from RE and glad to hear your MS is subsiding. That's great that you won't have to buy as many clothes and things for little brother. 

@ale9687 I thought my MS was going away, but it still comes and goes. Compared to others I was on a lot of hormones during the first 11 weeks because my pre-pregnancy hormone levels were low. Women on hormone replacement therapy and hormonal contraception can get MS too. So maybe those of us with MS are still getting used to these pregnancy hormone levels. And the 50% of pregnant women who don't get any MS adapt to the hormone changes more quickly. Maybe you're a quicker adapter. :)

IVF/FET with PGS
    EDD March 28, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hello! I am 7w1d and finally had my first ultrasound yesterday. I hadn't been in touch at all with my RE since my second beta on 9/2 so I had been left to my own neurotic devices since then. Everything went well, good heartbeat and measuring well, so hopefully I can start to settle into the idea that I'm pregnant. I've been lucky to not have lots of symptoms, but that added to the feeling of incredulity.

QOTW: My family moved around a lot so there isn't much baby stuff left over from my siblings' and my childhoods, but I know my father is in search of a replica of my favorite stuffed bear from when I was a toddler.  
  • Welcome @cato99! How strange that your RE didn't see you for a few weeks, but then there probably wasn't much to see if you had been doing ultrasounds. Hopefully things continue to go well for you!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• LSatturo126LSatturo126 member
    edited September 2016
    Well my name is Lisa, from Manalapan Nj (although I'm still a Bklyn girl at heart). Had a long hard time conceiving. Long story short having a kid on our own can never happen. We had our FET 9.6.16. We put 2 healthy PGS tested embryos. My first beta 9dpt were not really that high but have been more than doubling now. We will have our first US on Friday which will be 5wks 1day. Doubt we will see much but as long as my levels are even higher and he says everything looks good, that's all we need to hear! Congrats to all and wishing you all a H n H 9 months! We will be due 5/25/17.
     *****Trigger Warning, Loss and Pregnancy Mentioned*****

Married my best friend in 2013 (I was 33), After 1.5yrs of TTC got my first BFP naturally on 2/7/15 but ended in DNC on 4/14/15, not viable. In 2015 I was 35...Found out I had only one working ovary, which was DOR, with scar tissue and I ovulated at 7 days, with a small cervix opening and a tilted uterus... Needing an RE was a must.....IUI#1 Sept 2015,,, BFN IUI#2 Oct 2015,,,BFN IUI#3 Dec 2015,,BFN IVF#1 2/1/16- BFN IVF# on 3/29/16 retrieval only - 1 healthy chromosome tested embryo. IVF#3 retrieval 4/23/16- 0 healthy embryos. IVF#4 retrieval 6/17/16- 1 healthy embryo. FET#1-Transferred Both Healthy Embryos on 9/6/16 BFP!! 9/15/16 Beta 22.3, 9/17/16 Beta 60.5 & 9/19/16 Beta 195! 1st US on 9/23/16, only 1 Gast Sac & Yolk Sac found, US 9/30/16 US 6wk 1day saw and heard Heartbeat 120bpm!! EDD 5/25/2017 Had a healthy baby girl via CSection on 5/18/17 8lbs 15oz. Then four months later got pregnant naturally and had a healthy baby boy on 6/13/18 7lbs 6oz (at age 38). Needless to say, anything is possible! I'm keeping my signature open so it gives someone out there hope that anything is possible. Message me if you ever have any questions or just need someone to talk to. DON'T GIVE UP!

• @lsatturo126, I'm from manalapan as well. What RE did you use? 
  • ale9687 said:
    @lsatturo126, I'm from manalapan as well. What RE did you use? 
    RMA of NJ. I go to freehold and see Dr. Molinaro, you?

Married my best friend in 2013 (I was 33), After 1.5yrs of TTC got my first BFP naturally on 2/7/15 but ended in DNC on 4/14/15, not viable. In 2015 I was 35...Found out I had only one working ovary, which was DOR, with scar tissue and I ovulated at 7 days, with a small cervix opening and a tilted uterus... Needing an RE was a must.....IUI#1 Sept 2015,,, BFN IUI#2 Oct 2015,,,BFN IUI#3 Dec 2015,,BFN IVF#1 2/1/16- BFN IVF# on 3/29/16 retrieval only - 1 healthy chromosome tested embryo. IVF#3 retrieval 4/23/16- 0 healthy embryos. IVF#4 retrieval 6/17/16- 1 healthy embryo. FET#1-Transferred Both Healthy Embryos on 9/6/16 BFP!! 9/15/16 Beta 22.3, 9/17/16 Beta 60.5 & 9/19/16 Beta 195! 1st US on 9/23/16, only 1 Gast Sac & Yolk Sac found, US 9/30/16 US 6wk 1day saw and heard Heartbeat 120bpm!! EDD 5/25/2017 Had a healthy baby girl via CSection on 5/18/17 8lbs 15oz. Then four months later got pregnant naturally and had a healthy baby boy on 6/13/18 7lbs 6oz (at age 38). Needless to say, anything is possible! I'm keeping my signature open so it gives someone out there hope that anything is possible. Message me if you ever have any questions or just need someone to talk to. DON'T GIVE UP!

• I went to Dr Martinez at RSCNJ in Eatontown. My ob at women's physicians and surgeon in freehold was a patient there as well so she's the one that reccomended that practice. If you haven't decided on an Ob yet there's a bunch at that practice and they deliver at Centra State. 
  • ale9687 said:
    I went to Dr Martinez at RSCNJ in Eatontown. My ob at women's physicians and surgeon in freehold was a patient there as well so she's the one that reccomended that practice. If you haven't decided on an Ob yet there's a bunch at that practice and they deliver at Centra State. 
    I do have an OB so if it doesn't work out I'll keep them in mind thanks!!

• Weirdest thing. After two weeks of extremely bad ms, I woke up today feeling like my old self. I'm thankful not to be sick, but now I'm worried something isn't right! This being pregnant is a constant state of worry.
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Welcome Lisa and @cato99! I'm so glad both of you are here. I had my last RE appointment today. It's bittersweet. I got some awesome ultrasound pics though. I can't sleep well at night at all, so I got a maternity pillow today. I pray that helps. Finally, my depression is getting better. That is a huge positive.

QOTW- I have a couple of hand me down clothes from my sister's son, but that's it.

Married Jan. 2014
    Me:36 DH: 39
    TTC since August 2014, Mild PCOS + uterine fibroids
    Myomectomy June 2015- 18 fibroids removed
    IVF #1, May 2016 = 32 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized, 7 frozen, 3 PGS normal
    FET#2, July 2016 = one embryo transferred 
    TRIGGER
    BFP! Beta = 617
    Due date = 4/9/17
    Delivery date = 3/20/17
  • @clt2pwm11 same thing happened to me before my first u/s. I freaked out and called my nurse. They got me in a day earlier to calm my nerves, but everything was fine! Heartbeat strong, baby measuring on time. Then the ms hit the next day lol. It comes and goes. I wouldn't worry too much! Also, I read that once the placenta forms, nausea tends to subside. Not sure the reasoning behind, but maybe that's why you're feeling better!

@LSatturo126 WELCOME!!! So happy to see you here! Praying for your u/s tomorrow!! What do y'all think about potentially having twins?!

@cmm012 my SIL swears by her maternity pillow! I am considering ordering one soon! I hope it helps you. Glad you are feeling better!

QOTW: getting lots of hand-me-downs from my SILs! One had a baby in July and the other is currently 30 weeks pregnant. They both say they are done having kids, so they are planning on giving us everything they don't currently need! Will be very nice!
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • @clt2pwm11 That was me yesterday. I woke up at like 8, when I'm usually up no later than 6:30 starving. I also didn't eat nearly as much yesterday as I usually do. And silly me, I tried to use my doppler and couldn't find anything. Ugh.

@cmm012 My cousin gave me her pregnancy body pillow, and I love sleeping with it! It makes it so much easier to sleep well!

@babylonghorn16 Lucky you! It must be nice to have your SILs having babies close enough to you to get their stuff!

AFM - My symptoms have started to subside, which of course has me worried. Luckily my next appointment is on Monday, so I don't have to wait too long to see my babies again!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @cmm012 I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Deffinately invest in a body pillow. If I'm not using mine my dogs or husband is snuggled up in it. 

• @LSatturo126 WELCOME!!! So happy to see you here! Praying for your u/s tomorrow!! What do y'all think about potentially having twins?!

Thanks!! If we have twins I'd be even more happier!!! I found out it was a boy and girl so I pray both would be there!! 

• Sunflower5678Sunflower5678 member
    edited September 2016
    Last progesterone suppository today!!! I'm so excited you guys! I announced from the bathroom and then proceeded to do a little dance for my husband that I was officially done with my "vajj pills" lol!

I am officially 12 weeks today! I think we are waiting till after our 14 weeks appt to announce to everyone else and on social media. Our immediate family and a few friends already know. I think the nausea subsiding a little bit. I bought some seabands around week 9 and I'm a believer!

QOTW : my brother and SIL are giving us some hand me downs as well as some friends. My Motto is if it's free it's for me after paying for IVF! But no real heirlooms that I am aware of though :)
  • You and DH must be so excited @Sunflower5678! I know how much of a pita those supps are.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• ----TW----

Well today we went in for our 5wk 1d US. All is looking good. Better than what the dr thought it would be. Gas Sac and Yolk sac and even a small fetal pole. We will be waiting another week to hear the heartbeat. 

• @LSatturo126 How wonderful! Congrats!

So I'll be 9 weeks Monday, and I've been having periodic sharp pain in my girl bits. It last for literally one second and then disappears, and I only experience maybe two stabs a day. It has been happening off and on all week. Anybody else experiencing something like this? I'm not very worried because I was having rectal spasms earlier and they went away and that is what this feels like but I muh lady parts.
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @LSatturo126 YES!!! Love it! So excited for y'all! I've never seen a 5 week ultrasound... you will be amazed at how fast he/she grows in just one week! Can't wait until you get to hear the heartbeat. It's amazing!

@Sunflower5678 Glad you're finally done with those nasty things. Hubs and I called my estrogen suppositories my "v pills" lol. It's the small things that keep us going :)

@clt2pwm11 I've experienced this as well! Didn't last for long though. There have been a lot of twinges and pains here and there, but I just chalk it up to my uterus growing and ligaments stretching to make way for babe! If you try to over-analyze every little ache and pain, you'll drive yourself crazy! That being said, I tend to worry a little more than I should as well. That's when I chant my mantra (that I stole from someone else lol): "I'm pregnant TODAY and I love my baby!". <3 
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • edited September 2016
    Welcome to our new mommas! 

@frustrated and ttc I am so sorry you had that experience! I had something similar happen to me during my first pregnancy (although not related to fooling around), and it turned out to be a sub-chorionic bleed. But everything turned out ok! Hopefully your regular OB can see you and figure things out.

@clt2pwm11 I experienced similar feelings during my first pregnancy. I asked my doctor, and he said what @babylonghorn16 said - that it is just your body adjusting to the new position and size of all your organs in there!

AFM, I am 8 weeks today! Our next u/s is on Wednesday. I am hoping that they will let me start weening off PIO, suppositories, and e-patches after that. Nausea is in full force, along with fatigue. Had a hard time explaining to my toddler why mommy was busy dry-heaving in the sink while he wanted to play this morning... Not fun! 

QOTW: We received a lot of keepsakes and hand-me-downs when we had DS, including nursery furniture from my SIL and lots of toys and decorations from my childhood that my parents had saved. This baby will also get all of those things, and if it is a boy he will get lots of his big brother's clothing, toys, and gear, too! If it's a girl, she will probably just wear a lot of blue! :) 
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • @BlueEyedDreamer I hope you feel better soon! Mine finally eased up for a couple days.
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @mrygoround  would love to be added to the group if possible! My EDD 4/6/17 and based on PGD testing we are having a little girl

I have been lurking on this board since my BFP but have been so nervous about everything I haven't posted yet (glad to see it is not just DH and I who are worried seemingly all the time!). We are at 12 weeks 2 days! We got to see our little munchkin on ultrasound Wednesday because OB couldn't find her heart beat on doppler (4mins of serious panic until ultrasound!) but she was bouncing in and out of my pelvic area so everything was fine :) and she may be a circus performer when she grows up lol

So glad to see so many familiar names on this board and be in the company of those who really understand our journey to get here!

QOTD: We are naming our little girl after DH mother who passed away before we met and I have a quilt that she had made (baby quilt, mostly blue with pink and yellow patches within) that we are using to design a nursery, I also have lots of friends who have been holding onto baby things during our IF journey to pass down to us and are anxiously waiting to bring them to my house (which I wouldn't allow until after first trimester!)

******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • @mrygoround I'd love to be added to this group! My EDD is 5/5/2107. I'm 8 weeks 1 day today.

Have been reading these posts for a few weeks but too nervous to post myself, based on the insane logic that if I say I'm pregnant then I will jinx it. I've had spotting off and on, they saw a subchorionic hemorrhage and a "vanishing twin" so either could be causing the spotting but it's still hard to relax. However, we had an u/s two days ago and everything looks good! 

I am happy to see so many other women on this board. AFM we don't have any hand me downs or heirlooms yet. We haven't told anybody (except one sister in law) and are planning to wait till at least 12 weeks, but I'm sure my mom will be thrilled to give us tons of stuff then!
    me: 40, husband: 41
    TTC since 2010
    History: Too many IUIs, 2 cancelled OE IVF cycles, 4 DE cycles with two different donors, all failed
    5th DE transfer with third donor, August 2016: BFP!
    u/s confirmed HB 9/15, 2nd u/s 9/22 - everything's still on track, EDD 5/5/2107.