November 2015 Moms
Options

Egg allergy

recently found out my son has an egg allergy. Anyone else have experience with this?  Did they grow out of it quickly?  Also some egg free food options for 9 month old are welcome. Eggs are in so many foods!

Re: Egg allergy

• Options
    I don't have any personal experience with it but a girl in my DD's class last year had an egg allergy. It didn't seem to be a big issue. As long as the egg was cooked then it was fine. I.e. She could eat cake, cookies, bread, etc that had egg in it as long as they were cooked. 
  • Options
    Could it be an allergy to the yolk or egg white only? That would make it easier to find foods.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My 5 year old had the same issue when he was 9 months. We found out it was  mainly egg in its natural state, so fried/scrambled etc and also omlette and meringue, some Mayonaise, quiche. Basically very eggy stuff! Like PP said, he could have it in cakes and biscuits. He just passed his allergy test this summer, so it took him a few years to grow out of it!
  • Options
    I have rarely been on since LO was born, but am trying to jump back in now that things are evening out a little

LO can't have any egg. I make cakes, pancakes, and such with applesauce or ground flax seed. Many breads are egg free.  We do lots of fruits and veggies, but also have other foods to avoid. We are not far enough along to outgrow anything yet, but I can't wait!