Infertility

beta blood test after negative hpt

I've had a ton of negative home ept tests. i also don't "feel pregnant" like early on with my first. I still was sent to get a beta blood test this morning which i should hear back from today. do you think this is necessary? even possible, or probable?

Also just wondering when should I except my period? I am taking progesterone suppositories. Does that affect it at all?

Re: beta blood test after negative hpt

• How many DPO are you? Feeling pregnant this early on is no indicator of anything and symptoms vary month to month. At least until your missed period you'd feel the same, pregnant or not.

I think it is the doctor's preference whether to confirm your HPT results with a beta; mine would not order one unless I got a positive HPT. Of course, it can't hurt to confirm.

I have to stop progesterone supplements in order to get my period. Some women get theirs even on progesterone. Your doctor will advise when to stop the suppositories. 
    Me: 33, PCOS with anovulation
    DH: 36, No known issues
    TTC since 11/2014
    1000mg Metformin daily

Oct-Dec 2015: Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI = BFN x 2
    Feb-May 2016: Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI, Prometrium = BFN x 3
    August 2016: Clomid 100mg no response, Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI, Prometrium = BFN

• Thanks. The beta test was negative and I was instructed to stop my progesterone.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry to hear that. Always difficult to get a negative, even if you suspect it's coming.
    Me: 33, PCOS with anovulation
    DH: 36, No known issues
    TTC since 11/2014
    1000mg Metformin daily

Oct-Dec 2015: Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI = BFN x 2
    Feb-May 2016: Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI, Prometrium = BFN x 3
    August 2016: Clomid 100mg no response, Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI, Prometrium = BFN