October 2016 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 9.19.16

I think @kmolleltz usually starts this bright and early.

But since it's not up yet, I figured I'd go ahead and start it!

Have at it ladies.  

Re: Monday Bitchfest 9.19.16

• Loading the player...
  • @CopperBoom86 I feel like labor is never going to happen. I know the longer he stays in, the better but I am SO OVER being pregnant. And I'm tired of everyone asking how I'm feeling. I'm miserable ok!!?!!!!? Ughhhh. I'm so whiney. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • It's Monday and it's raining, which we need desperately but, its not helping me to stay awake at my desk. I need a longgggg NAP! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @CopperBoom86 keep your head up and remember it doesn't last forever... But I am so with you with being done with it all and ready to have this baby.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @CopperBoom86 that gif is how I feel today exactly.
  • I had a reaction to the TDAP too, but it only lasted the day, hope it clears up for you soon @CopperBoom86.

I'm with you all on the grouchy and wanting to be done train, 37 weeks this Weds, so slowly but surely...
  • My bitch is: To the people telling me I look like I'm ready to pop any day. No shit people, I'm 36 weeks, I'm 5'4", I have a short torso, this is my third baby and my babies tend to be big. So seriously that is not something I want to hear. I've been ready to pop for like a month already. The term "ready to pop" makes me cringe for some reason these days. It doesn't feel flattering or nice.
    All of this. Only I'm 5'2" and I literally have no torso. Everyone keeps saying how much bigger I am this time and how huge this baby has got to be. Believe me, I know, I'm feeling it EVERYWHERE!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My actual BF is that DS is at school and here I am on my hands and knees cleaning the living room, dining room and kitchen (because bending over repeatedly is NOT happening). I should be napping, since nighttime sleep is a joke these days. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @CopperBoom86 I'm jealous of all the O16 mamas who have already had babies too. I'm tired of being pregnant and I want to meet this baby!
    @Schell2013 So much this. I'm 5'4'' if I stand up super straight and I have a very short torso. This baby girl is really big and I've carried her all out in front and I'm sick of hearing about how big I am and people's predictions about whether or not I'm going to make it to my due date. 
  • do you get the tdap at the doctor or the pharmacy? sorry i'm totally off topic lo
  • @mrszoess - I got mine at CVS. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • First baby was born at 36 weeks and I'm now 37+2 and starting to get super anxious. Things definitely get different after 37 weeks. Every ache and pain is stronger and I feel like I pulled a muscle in my upper back that is really uncomfortable. It's only 1pm and ready for toddlers bedtime already
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 

• @CopperBoom86 That gif perfectly describes my afternoon, except all work-related. Due to circumstances beyond my control I've been pretty much entirely on my own with work stuff since the beginning of summer, which is also when I started having complications. I technically have until the end of December to get everything done (ACTUALLY it was supposed to be the end of February, but I digress). I originally wanted to be done or nearly done by the end of September but it's simply not going to happen. I clarified 6 weeks ago that I wouldn't have everything done and said I can either do what I can or have an extension. Well I got an extension through the end of March. Great! Until Friday when they decided that I needed to send them a summary of my results by today. It was only supposed to be like a page but if I ALREADY had my results WHY would I need to work until March?!? After several hours of staring at my computer trying to come up with a good way to report the partial results I do have, I finally just said eff that and wrote that I don't have any results, period. I'm SO over being nice. 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • *Woah, didn't mean to make this so long! Apparently I had a lot on my mind. I am most definitely feeling @CopperBoom86's gif*

*tl;dr - Basically, I'm sick and cranky, and probably anemic so I'm fatigued too. SIL wants some girl time this week, and this introvert is panicking at the thought of having to entertain, so I'm trying to figure out how to tell her no without sounding too mean.*

I seem to have caught DD's virus she's had for like the last 2 weeks. I sent her to the doc after the first week and nothing changed (she mainly complained of a sore throat and stuffy nose, and ibuprofen was taking care of it, but it wasn't getting better) and the doc was like, "Yea it's a virus. Ibuprofen, and Tylenol if you need to mix it in. Good luck!" *insert my angry face* Literally the next day she had a low grade fever of like 99.7°F. Awesome, so she came home from school.

All was good for me until late last week. I started my weekly doc appts on Weds, BP was more elevated than normal, she took labs. Thursday I'm feeling kinda weird, but it's on and off and baby won't stop trying to kick me in the ribs, and I'm tired, so I just roll with I'm almost 37 weeks pregnant and this what it feels like so I moved on. Friday I am increasingly achy and my stomach starts to hurt, ears hurt, throat is scratchy... So I take my own temp at like 9pm. It's 99.4°F. Ugh. Tylenol took care of it while I was asleep, but still felt shitty all weekend.

Also, it feels like my gallbladder is acting up (I was diagnosed with gallstones about 7 years ago) and is all inflamed, which usually I only need two or three ibuprofen and a good night's sleep to care of it. Well no ibuprofen for me so now my stomach is being squished between my baby's butt and my inflamed gallbladder, making me not really want to eat at all.

Bloodwork posted online on Sunday night, showing slightly elevated white blood cells, makes sense if I caught DD's virus. Also, if I was reading them all correctly, it looks like I'm slightly anemic, too, which also makes sense because I've been SO TIRED lately. Doc's office never called though, so I'm guessing she's not terribly concerned. I see her Thursday, so we'll see. I have this irrational fear she's going to try to pull me out of work early. I work a desk job, so not exactly physically taxing, and I REALLY REALLY don't want to have to come back to work until after the New Year, so I'm hoping to push it into October before I have to stay home. Between vacation, paid time, and FMLA, I could get to January if I wait until October.

And now, SIL just texted me that she wants to have some "girl time" on either Wednesday or Thursday and play with my gel nail polish. No. Just no. No no no no no no no. I am in no mood to be entertaining people. I felt bad for even being with DH at lunch today because I was so cranky. I love him dearly, but all I really wanted to do was sit alone in my car by myself and listen to my audiobook. There's no way I could be nice to her right now. I love her, she's been a great SIL all things considered, but I want like zero company until this guy is here. I'm having a hard enough time managing our day to day with DD.

Wahwahwah, poor me. :'( If you read all that, props to you. I just needed to get some shit off my chest lol.
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • @CopperBoom86 im so sorry about the headache and about the tennis ball sized lump. :(  I think being this pregnant is making us all feel really anti-social.  Like you @Kaytee1087, I've been wanting to just be left alone.

THis weekend, I couldn't adult.  I couldn't.  It was our weekend with my stepdaughters this weekend, and things that don't bother me, for some reason bothered me this weekend.  Picking up toys and clutter off the floor when you're 37 weeks pregnant is enough to drive anyone insane. And I swear, every time one of them needed me for something, I wanted to cry. :(

DH was so sweet, giving me lots of breaks and a lot of alone time---but that just made me feel more guilty for how I was feeling.  

I think we are all just ready to have these babies.  
  • @mrszoess my Dr office had to put an order in for mine my last visit, they don't keep in stock. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• I was up at 1am till 4:30 with FI snoring.  So I decided to call in today. Well of course there was a smell in his office and they let them all come home early today since it was nauseating. I just wanted a day on the couch watching tv. Granted, he's being very quiet and working but still.....I Just wanted alone time!
  • To clarify, my tdap lump is approximately the same diameter as a tennis ball. It's not like a have an actual tennis ball under my skin. It's raised, but not that much lol.

@Kaytee1087 - I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy! Just say no to "girl time!" I'm sure she'll understand!

@annabenanna - I've felt really great until this weekend. I hit 35 weeks and all hell broke loose. I gave DH fair warning that from now until delivery, I was one straw away from losing my shit. At all times. No matter what. I can't imagine what it would be like to take care of two other children right now, one of which randomly shits on the floor... Is she still doing that, btw? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CopperBoom86, thank GOD she hasn't done that in months.  She'll still leave poop in the toilet and forget to flush (and this weekend when that happened, i tried not to lose it).  It's hard.  This Saturday, I got up early and we had a split day.  DH took the little one, and I took the older one and we went to brunch then did groceries.  That was basically enough activity for me for the day because my feet were done by then.  So when she started bugging me at 3pm "when are we gonna bake banana bread muffins?"  I wanted to shout and be like "IM TIRED GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!"  ---- but an 8 year old doesn't know what being 37 weeks and pregnant is like.  :(  

Adulting is hard.  
  • This day sucked! 

Went to leave for work, car had a flat tire. Dh tried to change it but the nuts were on super tight and it took forever to get them off. In the mean time, I had to wait for my mom to get my nephew on the bus and then get her to take me to work before she took my dd to preschool. Then I get to work and the kid I am an aide for isn't there today. She apparently has a stomach bug (which I don't even want to think about possibly getting). Besides feeling bad that she's sick, it sucks when she's not in school because then I have to find something to do for the 3 hours I'm there and it's awful. So basically I walk around the building trying to find a special Ed teacher that needs help but its still hard to find something productive to do. Not to mention that it means I'm basically on my feet for 3 hours rather then say an hour max that I would be if 'my' kid was there. By the time work was over, I was in pain! 

My dh ended up being over an hour late to work, and he was supposed to leave early today because my dd has her first dance class today and he didn't want to miss it. Now I'm waiting to hear if he'll still be able to make it. 

rainy Monday's suck!!
  • I'm continuing my MBF with people at work who are disgusting. We have 2 stalls in the women's bathroom. One is larger and I usually use that one because squeezing my belly into the small one is just difficult. Well someone apparently had an explosion in the larger stall and didn't bother to clean up the mess on the back of the toilet seat. What. The. Actual. Hell. We are all adults here and no one in my office comes across as that gross of a person.  I mean find a Clorox wipe and clean up your literal shit. Now I'm disgusted for the rest of the afternoon. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @ibabyloveb87... how does that even happen?! I have literally never been in a situation where that was possible. Andplusalso... if I was, I'd clean that shit up (again... literally)
  • Gahhhh!!! That's just awful!! People are so gross here at my job too, I swear the next person who wipes their asses and then doesn't wash their hands I'm calling them out!! NASTY!! This is why I don't touch bathroom door handles @ibabyloveb87
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• It's Monday, so I have private lessons tonight, but I just don't wanna :( it's rainy and horrible outside- perfect for napping, but I can't since they're starting in 23 minutes. Wah! 
  • samkinssamkins member
    edited September 2016
    Soo we had zero.plans for saturday, so we went to the movies in the morning and came.home to "relax" but of course I  got bored so I convinced hubby we should go to the sheriff rodeo (he was very hesitant but agreed). Then on sunday we spent the day at the home opener of the LA Rams game and it was flippin hot.

So now I'm utterly exhausted and still recovering but can't admit it to hubby cuz he says I do too much blah blah. Ugh, it's not my fault I get bored!!! I hate staying at home. 
  • I just haven't been feeling good since yesterday, I don't know what the heck is going on. It seems like when I eat I feel icky after and its my birthday all I want to do is eat :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LOL @NoraAurora!!!!  I wanna know what their responses are!  These are great. :)  Especially the Tyrion one!
  • I deadpan and then say I'm kidding a few seconds later. Usually it's silence. The little person one is my fav too.
  • @noraaurora - those responses are GREAT! I love them! 

My BF is about contractors. We have spent this entire pregnancy trying to complete two small home projects with two different contractors. Both have been complete disasters. First, we spent weeks calling multiple contractors over and over to try to get a price quote, and no one would return our calls. Then we finally found people to do the jobs. Both of them did a crap job, and we started having major issues with their work after the first big rain storm. Then another few weeks of calling them. Both came out and "fixed" it. Then this weekend we had another big rain storm that revealed both projects were not fixed. My handyman dad was here, and he pointed out all the shortcuts and cheap supplies these people used to cause these issues. now we have to figure out how to fix this crap when we thought it was all over back in May! I don't understand why it is so complicated! Why can't we just pay someone and they do their job right the first time! Our city is in a real estate boom, so I think these contractors just don't care about small residential jobs. 
  • I spent my entire work day making schedules for 225 temp associates (since October is our busiest time with open enrollment we mass hire) and I'm just now catching up. Organize schedules, send all the emails out, only to get bombarded with "I didn't know we were open weekends" and "I can't work my schedule", I've just had it today. You knew the job and the hours so don't with the crap excuses! Also I'm so tired of being pregnant, I'm swollen and uncomfortable and hating my body right now. Can I just have this baby?!
  • Bahahaha @NoraAurora... You crack me up! I love all of those. Esp the last two