October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointments 9/11 - 9/17

More babies making their debuts early!! Plenty of us are still chugging along, most likely seeing the OB at least once a week now, if not more! Share your appointments, including concerns, questions and thoughts!

How far along are you?

How did your appointment go overall?

Any ultrasound or doppler?

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had?

For Fun: Favorite fall recipe - care to share?  Savory or sweet, we're not picky!!

Re: Weekly Appointments 9/11 - 9/17

• Options
    How far along are you? 34w3d

How did your appointment go overall? Very well, it was short. 

Any ultrasound or doppler? Ultrasound to measure baby, she's still a chunky girl (estimated around 6 pounds, 9 ounces)

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? Yes, I had some questions about skin-to-skin contact after my c-section. She confirmed that we could do that if there were enough nurses on-hand, but that baby would stay in the room with us (unless she needed medical attention herself.) I also asked about abdominal binders for after surgery and she said that she would write me a prescription for one. 

For Fun: Favorite fall recipe - care to share?  Savory or sweet, we're not picky!! 
    This, because I love caramel apples:
    SNICKER SALAD 
    (tastes like a yummy carmel apple with nuts and chocolate)

Ingredients:
    Cool whip
    one package of instant vanilla pudding (small box)
    one cup of milk
    Snickers (frozen or cold - easier to chop)
    green apples (tart, with a little sweet and lots of juicy)

1.Add instant pudding into mixing bowl and pour in 1 Cup cold milk. Mix well and let chill while chopping candy.

2.Chop Snickers bars into bite size pieces (I usually use about 2 bags of mini sickers or more - I like A LOT or about 10-15 king size). I have added Milky way bars and Rolos in with the Snickers before or you can omit the Snickers and just add Rolos and Milky Way bars if there is a peanut allergy.

3.Chop green apples into bite sized pieces (I use about 8-10)

4.Fold in one 8 ounce container of Cool Whip (or more if you think it needs more. I usually buy the 16 ounce container just in case) into the pudding.

5.Combine candy and apples in bowl with pudding mixture.
    https://www.ericasbloggityblog.com/2011/10/delicious-revision.html
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    36 +1 

Short and sweet. Saw the NP and we mostly chatted about nursery stuff. 

Doppler. 140 BPM strong 

No questions really. 

Pshhhhhhh I don't cook!  :D 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I posted this on the old thread...whoops.

How far along are you? 34+3 (yesterday)

How did your appointment go overall? Fine

Any ultrasound or doppler? It was my first of bi-weekly NSTs because of elevated BP. Baby's HB was steady, but she, as usual, was non compliant and slept through the whole appointment. We managed to get three movements to measure an increase in HR.

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? N/A - I only saw the tech.

For Fun: Favorite fall recipe - care to share?  Savory or sweet, we're not picky!! Hmm...not really. Chili? I can't think of anything I only make in the fall.
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • Options
    How far along are you? 34w5d

How did your appointment go overall? Went well, they are always so quick now. Didnt realize we were doing the test for Strep B today though

Any ultrasound or doppler? Doppler, kinda sad I havent seen him since our 20 week ultrasound and she hasnt mentioned doing any more. Makes me wonder how big he is!

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? Didnt really have any questions

All I can think of is this crock pot chili cheese dip we do for football games. Its a pound of ground beef browned, then add that meat, a can of chili, block of velveeta cheese cut up, some jalapenos (if you want) and let it simmer. nice hot dip with chips!
  • Options
    @UFJen I had to basically request another ultrasound. I asked if they could check the baby's position and then confirm it. They did a really quick in room ultrasound so I didn't get any good looks or anything. But it was good to get confirmation that she was head down and that fluid levels were good. 
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @emmaaa thats a good idea I may do that at my next appointment. Just getting that confirmation and possibly seeing how much he weighs at this point would be nice.
  • Options
    @UFJen I wish I had asked at the time if they could see how much she weighed but it completely slipped my mind! They checked the positioning at 36 weeks
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? 33w5d

How did your appointment go overall? Good. I got the flu shot, ouch!

Any ultrasound or doppler? NST, baby sounded great. She even had hiccups during it and that sounded hilarious on the monitor!

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? Yep, I asked about my lack of weight gain since being diagnosed with GD and she confirmed that it's probably because of the low carb diet. Baby is growing and my belly is growing so those are the important things.

Pumpkin donuts! My family makes them every October. This year they're nice enough to wait until baby is out since I have GD.

https://www.babble.com/best-recipes/pumpkin-donuts-theyre-arent-good-for-you-but-gosh-theyre-good/

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Options
    How far along are you? 35+1

How did your appointment go overall? Good I didn't get violated by my Dr with group be step test he explained how to and I Violated myself lol. 

Any ultrasound or doppler? Well yesterday I had an ultrasound my baby is trying to be the heavy weight champion.

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? Well other than telling me the day he is beginning the induction process due to the amount of Insulin I'm on with is the 4th.

For Fun: Favorite fall recipe - care to share?  Savory or sweet, we're not picky!! Um we are rainbow cupcakes people I usually just use my favorite vanilla or lemon recipe and colour it based the season. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 37+1

How did your appointment go overall? Appointment went fine. Fundal height measurement is now a week behind at 36, cervix was only dilated a fingertip, still high and not effaced (-3). I am gaining about a pound a week at this point. 

Any ultrasound or doppler? Doppler, HR was 136 (I'm sure she was sleeping!)

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? I asked about TDAP and Flu. She told me that it was up to me, but that usually they give it to you at the hospital after delivery... I thought the whole point was to have it before so that you can pass on the antibodies to baby? Also asked for a prescription for my breast pump so that I can get that ordered. 

I am partial to a work recipe. They are called Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Bars (Recipe on WilliamsSonoma.com)
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @MrsHudson2014 I'm apparently getting the flu shot at my next appointment. I've never gotten a flu shot before in my life but I don't want to not get it and then the baby get the flu. I would feel bad. Got TDAP at 35 week appointment. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    @MrsHudson2014 - that's exactly the point for TDAP at least. I'd recommend getting it. Some drug stores here have it available too, if your doctor doesn't. 

• Options
    How far along are you?
    36+4
    Pretty good. I got the flu shot, and found out I'm positive for group B strep, so I'll have antibiotics during labor. I forgot to ask- does anyone know what happens with that if I have a C-section? Would I get them during prep? She also ordered my final growth scan for 39 weeks. 
    Doppler- he was hiding from it again, but was 141 when they finally found him. 
    yep- just talked about strep and flu shots. 
    i love pumpkin roll, but I don't know how to make it ;) 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    36+4
    Pretty good. I got the flu shot, and found out I'm positive for group B strep, so I'll have antibiotics during labor. I forgot to ask- does anyone know what happens with that if I have a C-section? Would I get them during prep? She also ordered my final growth scan for 39 weeks. 
    Doppler- he was hiding from it again, but was 141 when they finally found him. 
    yep- just talked about strep and flu shots. 
    i love pumpkin roll, but I don't know how to make it ;) 
    I had positive GBS with my last baby. Don't know yet about this time but they said they would start antibiotics when I was in labour. I ended up with a scheduled c section cause baby was breeched and they give you antibiotics anyways before surgery so I had antibiotics by default. My doctor said honestly it's not the end of the world though if you have your baby too fast and they don't get the antibiotics into you. It's not common anything bad happens so that made me feel better. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Gotcha. Thanks, @schell2013! I'm not worried, just wondered after I left the office today. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 36 weeks 4 days

How did your appointment go overall? It went okay.  This little guy was going crazy during my NST.  His heartbeat went from his usual 135 all the way to 205.  The tech said that's a good sign.  But the ultrasound tech had to measure my amniotic fluid twice during my BPP and she didn't tell me the results the second time, so I'm a bit worried.

Any ultrasound or doppler? Both.

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? My doctor is pushing me to induce at 39 weeks if I make it that far.  I really would like to avoid induction if possible because I feel like he'll come when he's ready to come.  They're worried about hemorrhaging because I'm on blood thinners, but I was on blood thinners with my first and it was fine.  We're going to discuss it more next week.  I'm not looking forward to it.

This pumpkin pot pie is always a hit when we make it.  The crust is absolutely delicious: https://www.earthyfeast.com/recipe/pumpkin-pot-pie/

• Options
    How far along are you?
    35+6

Ok. I was told last week they were planning a c-section under general anesthesia and I kind of freaked out and wasn't thinking straight, so I went in today to re-discuss. The good news is they're no longer planning to put me under. The bad news is they won't even let me consider a normal birth and they won't allow skin-to-skin or breastfeeding until I'm out of the OR. I also can't do delayed cord clamping or donate cord blood. I have exactly 22 days to come to terms with this. 

No, for the first time in a long time. Not taking my clothes off for a doctor was weird! Haha.

Yes. I came in with an entire page of questions and discussion points and they were very accommodating 

Just anything pumpkin. But NOT Hokkaido pumpkin. That's the most popular pumpkin here and it's just not the same. Right now I'd love a Libby's pumpkin pie. I have the ingredients for pumpkin cream cheese cookies but haven't made them yet so I can't say whether they're good. 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    @ignoscemihi ive had multiple ultrasounds with this pregnancy and they always measure his femur bone a few times. I think sometimes they get a measurement that seems a little off and they just recheck it. 
  • Options
    @serenaxo84 Yeah, I think she was trying to make sure her measurements were right.  It was low the first time she measured.  (It was 9.4 the first measurement and last week it was 13.2.)  I figure she or the doctor would have told me if they were worried.

@books&icecream  I'm sorry things aren't going the way you'd hoped.  I'm not sure knowing in advance would make me feel any better.
  • Options
    @books&icecream - did I miss why they're making you have a c-section? Not that there's anything wrong with it. I'm sitting on the UO couch that I'd prefer a c-section to vaginal birth. But I have some weird hangups and come from a mom who had to have 3 c-sections.

• Options
    How far along are you?
    34 + 4

Ok

Doppler. HB was 142

Was able to tell that baby is still breech. She has 2 weeks to turn & is she hasn't we'll discuss if I'm a candidate for an external version. If not, will schedule c-section at 39 weeks. I brought up my anxiety/emotional issues of late and she went ahead & gave me a prescription for Wellbutrin which she says is safe. Would prefer I start Zoloft immediately postpartum though. I think I can hold off until then but won't it take awhile to get in my system to actually start working?

It's a Halloween tradition that I go to my Dad's house - he still lives in my hometown about 30 minutes from me - and I make a giant pot of taco soup & margaritas. He lives in the center of town so everyone comes trick or treating and people stop in to eat and take a break. So taco soup is my one of my favorite fall recipes and makes me happy!

• Options
    @MorganL925 It's a long complicated reason but I have a sports injury to my vocal cords which causes them to close during intense aerobic activity. When the vocal cords are closed you can't breathe and although I am a pro at controlling the issue, it's a very rare disorder so no one knows exactly what will happen and the doctors refuse to take any chances.
    I also have an unrelated phobia of needles so for me, having a catheter stuck into my lumbar plexus is one of the most traumatizing things I can imagine. if I had the choice of that or 12 hours of screaming pain, I would take 12 hours of screaming pain.
    It's going to be a rough day. I'm just focusing on the baby cuddles I know I'll be getting on October 7.
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    How far along are you? 37

How did your appointment go overall? Good.

Any ultrasound or doppler? US. She has not budged since the last US and is complete breech. Everything looks good though. 

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? I  was wondering if I would get a c-section date and I did. Sept 30 10am. Found out she is on vacay that week and I will have a different Dr for delivery. I also asked if DH needs a TDAP shot as well and OB said no. 

For Fun: Favourite fall recipe. 
    Best. Cake. In. The. World. I have made this pumpkin pie cake a dozen times and it turns out every time. I make it every October for my birthday/Thanksgiving dinner. Only three more weeks and I will be scarfing this bad boy down. https://www.mommyhatescooking.com/decades-of-desserts-pumpkin-pie-cake

• Options
    Oh, I am saving that recipe- thank you!! And yay for a birthdate! @littlewillie2016
  • Options
    ooh, I'm totally making that cake @littlewillie2016 !!