Infertility
Options

Hi I've been lurking for a few weeks and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 37 and my husband is 33. We've been TTC for a few years now with no luck. 

Monday I had my first appt with an RE. They told me to call the first day of AF. I got it Wed so yesterday I went in for blood work and another ultrasound. I was then told that tomorrow I can start on clomid for 5 days. They are also going to do a dye test(can't remember what its called but its to check to make sure I don't have a blockage in my tubes. 

I also will be going in for a biopsy off my uterus lining to make sure I don't have pre cancerous cells. I then have an appt scheduled to go in for more blood work to see if the clomid is working and then another ultrasound to see if I have a mature egg. They will give me a shot to bring on ovulation. 

Depending on what all the tests reveal will depend of what course of action we will take. 

My husband gets his testing done on monday.

I have so many emotions going on. I'm hopeful, excited, stressed, scared if it doest work. 

I know we are all at different stages of our Journey but I hope I can be a support system for you as you can be a support system for me. I feel so alone in this journey.

Re: Newbie

• Options
    mrsdaddariomrsdaddario member
    edited September 2016
    Welcome!! It sounds like you are on the right path!

The tube test called an hsg! My advice is to take a pain reliever an hour a head of time and try to relax as much as possible during the procedure! 

:)
  • Options
    Thank you for the advice. It does say on the paper to take a pain reliever. I'm more nervous for the hysteroscopy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi @Labluver2, welcome to the board!  It can all be so overwhelming at first so just take it one day at a time.  Wishing you a smooth journey!!