February 2017 Moms
Options

Weight Gain?

How far along are you, and how much have you gained?

---data will be used for science :)

Re: Weight Gain?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry. Just genuinely wondering. I've struggled with eating disorders my whole life, and gaining weight is hard for me-I wanted to know I was doing a good job at gaining the average amount. 
  • Options
    Read the randoms thread. Someone posted a weight gain calculator in there 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Okay. Whelp. At least I can afford you all some entertainment on a slow Sunday. 
  • Options
    I'll even take you at face value and help you out by posting the calculator that we were talking about this week in the randoms thread. 

https://www.calculator.net/pregnancy-weight-gain-calculator.html

But seriously, this is a conversation for you to have with your care provider. Do they know about your history of eating disorders? What's normal for me might not be normal for you. What's normal for this calculator I just posted might not be normal for you. Your doctor or midwife can tell you what is healthy for you. 
  • Options
    What everyone else said-this is definitely a conversation to have with your health care provider. Comparing yourself to Internet strangers will just lead to bad feelings all around. 
  • Options

You've gotten the only advice you need. Talk to your doctor because everyone is different. 
  • Options
    @poetryandoceans thank you for taking the time to respond.  I did go find the calculator that PP had mentioned.  And I've talked with my health care providers.  they haven't been too helpful, every time I mention my concerns about weight gain or where I'm falling in the spectrum she just says something to the effect of "it doesn't really matter", but I'll keep bringing it up. 

@MommaBean @Xstatic3333 valid point! I know comparison isn't healthy for me ((or anyone really)) guess I was more thinking it would encourage me and others that are concerned about this process, and solidify the concept that there's a variety of normal and we're all in this together.  ---sometimes reading a calculator that tells you what's normal, or reading articles isn't the same as hearing personal experiences from other moms. 

Again-sorry to be "that person" that posted a question to the board that wasn't seen as useful or warranted... genuinely thought it would be a full conversation others would want to have and share their current or past journeys.  We can let it fade into the abyss.  Or continue your gif partay ;) 

• Options
    Honestly, if you had said in your initial post something along the lines of what you said in your follow up comments, that this has been a struggle, you know there is a range of normal, but you have a history of disordered eating and you wanted to open up a conversation, this post would have gone very very differently. This is a conversation we've had recently and I think a lot of people can empathize with the struggle you're feeling. But your initial post just asked for numbers and, as you yourself even recognize in subsequent posts, most of us here feel that numbers are relative and can be triggering. That's why it got shut down so hard.
  • Options
    kjd291kjd291 member
    edited September 2016
    Honestly, if you had said in your initial post something along the lines of what you said in your follow up comments, that this has been a struggle, you know there is a range of normal, but you have a history of disordered eating and you wanted to open up a conversation, this post would have gone very very differently. This is a conversation we've had recently and I think a lot of people can empathize with the struggle you're feeling. But your initial post just asked for numbers and, as you yourself even recognize in subsequent posts, most of us here feel that numbers are relative and can be triggering. That's why it got shut down so hard.
    Makes sense! It was my initial thought.     ---> but then I second guessed myself and thought people might prefer to not read my long AW weight sob story and just share about themselves.  Lesson learned. 

**Edited for spelling 
  • Options
    Another thing is that most of us probably don't realize you're due mid Feb but chose to stick around the March bmb. So a lot of us probably assume you're just stopping by to ask a random question and then disappear  (but you really kind of are doing that). Honestly though I saw some of your HDBD photos and you look to be a healthy person, and your bump is growing beautifully. Id just try to eat healthy and if your dr isnt concerned then try to relax. And since you were looking for a more direct personal response I sent you a private message.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Spicyweiner Spicyweiner member
    edited September 2016
    Oh, were we too mean at some point? LOLZ. 
  • Options
    I appreciate you taking the snark with a grain of salt and not flipping out. 
    Of course! Haha. It's par for the course here.  I've been the person dishing out the snark before - I gotta be willing to take it if I'm gonna give it, right? :)
  • Options
    kjd291kjd291 member
    edited September 2016
    kswiger06 said:
    Another thing is that most of us probably don't realize you're due mid Feb but chose to stick around the March bmb. So a lot of us probably assume you're just stopping by to ask a random question and then disappear  (but you really kind of are doing that). Honestly though I saw some of your HDBD photos and you look to be a healthy person, and your bump is growing beautifully. Id just try to eat healthy and if your dr isnt concerned then try to relax. And since you were looking for a more direct personal response I sent you a private message.
    Thank you @kswiger06 - I did put two and two together once I read the first couple comments and realized people probably thought i was a 100% March mama.  I feel kinda trapped between the two. I lurk here often but bit intimidated to participate even though it's where I belong since you're all established already, and BMBs are more fun with "friends" and recognized SNs But I thought asking a weight question being two weeks ahead of the March mamas wouldn't make sense so I decided to put my brave big girl pants on and post here. HAHA.  Clearly I'm making a great first impression ;) 
  • Options
    kjd291 said:
    kswiger06 said:
    Thank you @kswiger06 - I did put two and two together once I read the first couple comments and realized people probably thought i was a 100% March mama.  I feel kinda trapped between the two. I'm a bit intimidated to participate here even though it's where I belong since you're all established already, and BMBs are more fun with "friends" and recognized SNs But I thought asking a weight question being two weeks ahead of the March mamas wouldn't make sense so I decided to put my brave big girl pants on and post here. HAHA.  Clearly I'm making a great first impression ;) 
    Yeah, I was figuring it got posted here since you're due mid feb and are a couple weeks further than the earliest over there. Since you're due with us, you should lurk over here from time to time, maybe you will see a thread you're interested in, and want to participate. We've had people just join and introduce themselves last week. We are still a growing community. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kswiger06 said:
    Wow how do you even follow all of that? I basically only know the regulars here and have no idea where anyone else came from!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    kswiger06 said:
    Wow how do you even follow all of that? I basically only know the regulars here and have no idea where anyone else came from!!
    Lol honestly I thought she was someone else at first. I occasionally lurk both J17 and m17 since they are so close to us. I remembered reading someone was due in Feb but liked the other BMB better. I thought it was her, and thought whaaaat you don't even like us, why are you here. But I went through some posts before commenting. And good thing cause I was wrong!! And I remembered her HDBD pic because I really liked one of her dresses. I like seeing the HDBD pics so I mostly just lurk those threads haha
    Pregnancy Ticker