Pregnant after a Loss

Pregnant 2 months after stillbirth... Nervous and Cramping, any similar stories feeling very alone

My daughter Nevaeh was born into Heaven on 7/2/16. I was 36 weeks along and It was due to a short cord, my midwife said it was a freak accident. I had a normal vaginal L&D no tearing, and bleeding stopped after 11 days. Well on September 3 I got a positive pregnancy test and it turns out I'm pregnant again. I'm really nervous because I've been having a good amount of cramping and I'm hoping it's just from getting pregnant so soon but I'm worrying about miscarriage. I'm very early right now and my obgyn can't date it right now because I haven't had a pp period since having Nevaeh, and it's too early to see anything on a scan. My doctor said some cramping is normal and to watch for a lot of it and bleeding. He's not really sympathetic to my situation and when I said "so bleeding is bad?" he said "Well no, it just means the pregnancy ended"
I know its probably because im early but still I've been through a lot in the past few months I must admit even tho I'm early its bringing me some light in life I wish he wasn't so cold. Now that I'm thinking maybe he just doesn't want me to get attached yet and see it as a miscarriage. Has anyone else gotten pregnant so soon after stillbirth? Was there a lot of cramping?

Re: Pregnant 2 months after stillbirth... Nervous and Cramping, any similar stories feeling very alone

• I had a stillborn daughter September 2015 at 31 weeks. I was told to wait 3 months before conceiving so we didn't get pregnant until my January cycle. This is my third pregnancy and I've had cramping with all 3 during first tri. I'm sorry, but your OB sounds like a jerk, especially considering your history. You could still have betas drawn and when they are high enough have a dating ultrasound. I'm wishing you all the best! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• @waterfall213 Im so sorry for your loss. Thank you for your reply I really appreciate the response. He did make an u/s appointment for oct 5th so I guess I'll know more then, and I think I'll be changing my ob after that.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad he scheduled an u/s. You have to do what makes you most comfortable as far as a provider. My OB has been incredibly supportive and I get a lot of extra monitoring. I hope you find someone who is understanding and caring. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• I am soooo sorry for your loss.  My mother lost 3 children after 28 weeks due to Premature aging of the placenta.  My sis is her rainbow.  I'm in a similar situation.  I didn't have a stillborn but had a MC last month and just found out this week that I'm pregnant again. They think I may have conceived 2 weeks or so after my MC but not sure since I never got my AF back or was tracking ovulation. I just got my 2nd beta today and they said all looks good.  I still have that sinking feeling though.  I wouldn't worry too much about the cramping.  I had cramping with my son the entire pregnancy.  Mild cramping early is OK since the LO is just settling in. Also mild bleeding is normal for some women.  With my MC I had serious cramping like I was in the middle of my period and very heavy bleeding and clots. I was def able to tell that something was wrong immediately. We have our first scan on 9/27 so they can give me a due date.Until then though I'm def on pins and needles.   I agree in changing providers.  You need to be with someone you feel comfortable with.  I had a very difficult pregnancy with my son and my docs were very supportive the entire time (my practice has 15 docs and 6 midwives). FX for you on a healthy 9 months!

****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • MommiFuegoMommiFuego member
    edited September 2016
    @schnitz9 thank you for your reply and I'm so sorry for your loss and the losses your mother had. Please let me know how your scan goes, I have mine oct 5th maybe we will be in the same birth month group *fingers crossed* our scans go wonderful!
  • @MommiFuego I'm sorry for your loss and congratulations on your BFP! I don't have advice but wanted you know I'm thinking about you
  • I lost my baby at 21 weeks in April and got pregnant before my period returned in July. I was terrified and not ready for it to happen so soon. I'm still sad about losing my daughter, plus I've had 2 other early losses, so the first trimester is always terrifying for me!

i also had lots of cramping and stretching with all of my pregnancies, successful and not - it's the uterus growing for your baby. I bet it happened last time but you weren't AS anxious so you didn't notice. Lots of love to you as you wait - and yeah, I agree your OB doesn't sound supportive enough! I know how hard it is to leave an OB when they already know your history, but finding a more supportive one would be worth it. 

A

2010: son born 9/1 

2013: 2 miscarriages + d&cs, both at 10 weeks: April & July

2014: son #2 born 6/29

2016: Baby girl stillborn at 21w6d 4/29 and baby boy stillborn at 20w 3d 11/16

• I'm so sorry for your loss. Fingers are crossed for you. I don't have experience being pregnant after stillbirth but I am currently pregnant after mc and I got pregnant 7 weeks after mc. I don't know if it's related to being so soon after or if it's just how this pregnancy has gone but I had major cramping and all over body aches around implantation, and I cramped for weeks. It got milder and milder and now it's just when I walk or stand too long. It lasted until around 6.5 weeks though, the really bad cramping. I'm 10 weeks tomorrow.