January 2016 Moms

Hates baths suddenly?

My LO used to love baths. Now, she screams and cries the instant her feet touch the water, and she calms down once we dry her off. I think the trigger was giving her a bath when we were in Spain last week (unfamiliar environment, different tub, she was exhausted). I thought it would be better once we got back to our house and bedtime routine, but it hasn't. I don't want her to have a bad association with bath time now! We used to have so much fun. Has this happened to anyone else? Any tips?

Re: Hates baths suddenly?

• Yes going through the same thing staying at my in-laws for a week and a half, new bath environment.  No tips other than I might try going back to basics - water running in background and making the room really warm 
  • Get in the bath tub with her. I don't get a chance to often to bath with ds. Only when dad is home and can get him towled off so I can finish up. But babies love it. Ds loves the shower. And I like to hold him skin to skin still.
  • Loading the player...
  • What @hipshaker said! Our LO hated baths until we started getting in the tub with him. Now he gets in by himself just fine!
  • Yep. Showering with us got rid of her dislike for it. Now she is happy to be in the bathtub or in the pool.
  • Our LO never really liked baths until I taught her to splash.  She LOVES them now.  Though I do end up soaking wet by the end.  It's kinda fun though!  :)