Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Would you be mad?

Our baby girl is almost 8 months, she is very mobile with rolling and scooting (almost crawling). I ran to the grocery store while my husband stayed home to watch her. I get home to him weed whacking the back yard while our daughter was left on the floor in the living room free to roam unattended. I was livid! I watched him work in the backyard for nearly 10 minutes and he made no attempt in that time to check on her! I'm very upset by this and he thinks I'm overreacting. Please momma's tell me I am not crazy! I feel like a major momma bear!! 

Re: Would you be mad?

• Omg that is awful. Nooo way is that ok. She could have fallen unconcious, choking etc. only
    safe place alone is pack and play or crib and even then I feel like he should be checking a monitor every 5 mins or so if he can't hear anything. Jeeze!
  • I'm glad I'm not crazy! That's exactly the argument I made, I was livid!!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree. You're not overreacting to your baby being left completely unattended.
  • Thanks ladies. He agreed it was a mistake and has promised that it will never happen again. He's such a good dad so this situation left me speechless. Sometimes I feel men are clueless! 
  • I'd be pisssssed.