Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Friday!

2»

Re: TWW Friday!

• Options
    lundlund member
    delujm0 said:
    @lund we have a gigantic walk in shower too...fortunately we went with a lot of white and grey and we trusted our tile lady to just tell us which grout to get.  my only condition was that it not be white because it is borderline impossible to keep white grout looking reasonable, so we have grey.  Though our shower walls have white subway tiles and I think that grout is white?  I have a cleaning lady, so I guess I never noticed whether it's hard to clean or not haha.  as long as the grout is sealed, I am told that it doesn't stain as badly.
    We use a LOT of Tilex Fresh Shower lol. 

Yup, as long as you use a power grout or a separate sealant, it shouldn't stain. Jealous that you have a cleaning lady!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@lund as soon as we designed that shower I was like "I'm not cleaning that."  It used to be a walk in closet.  It has double shower heads and everything...I mean it is pretty ridiculous.  Fortunately, when you're super pregnant and your renovation is running over (as they do) your husband will agree to a lot of things to keep you from either murdering or divorcing him.

Seriously though, we both work full time with 45 minute commutes each way...so even though we did our own cleaning before, once we had DD we were like "it's worth it to budget in a cleaning lady, I don't want to spend time cleaning the house when I could be hanging out with my kid."  Half of the reason I still work is because if I stayed at home I'd have to clean the house. :-)

• Options
    lundlund member
    @delujm0 Oh I can relate.  We totally reconfigured the master suite space - our shower has two shower heads and used to be the master walk-in closet too!  We're TTC #1, so I'm hoping that it'll be easier to convince DH that a cleaning lady is worth the expense once we're KU or have kids. I agree that time spent with your LOs is far more valuable than the cost of a cleaning lady!  Heck, I'd even be open to DH and I doing most of the general cleaning and having a cleaning lady deep clean every 4-6 weeks. 
  • Options
    Oh @linzrunz I'm really sorry.  *hugs*
  • Options
    @swimsister  What @adirat said.  I've also read to not eat it when WTO since pineapple can make mucus too acidic for sperm. I have also read that bromelain should be avoided after conceiving since it may cause miscarriage.  Not really sure how accurate this is.  
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Options
    @linzrunz I'm so sorry 

• Options
    @adirat yep!!! let's be pee buddies.

I need to stay strong, I think I might break over the weekend even though I'm sure to be disappointed!
    Me: 28 DW: 23
    Dating: 10/23/2013
    Married: 6/13/2014
    TTC since June 2016
    BFP #1: 3/2/17 - MC 5/22/17

• Options
    @linzrunz I came here looking for you. So sorry dear <3 (CD1 for me.  boo.)
    Formerly ahrains
    Me: 42 | DH: 45
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    BFP #1 Oct. 2015 | MC Nov. 2015
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    Dec. 2016 - Follistim + TI
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17
    <3 The road probably ends here <3 

• Options
    @adirat yep!!! let's be pee buddies.

I need to stay strong, I think I might break over the weekend even though I'm sure to be disappointed!
    I'm testing Monday too!  Stay strong!!
  • Options
    @swanbrooner Happy birthday!
     @linzrunz I'm so sorry :(  I'm pretty sure BFNs sting no matter what
    Me:25 DH:28
    Married: October 2014
    TTC#1:May 2016
    BFP: 11/16/16   EDD: 7/30/17
    4 fur babies

• Options

Month/Cycle:  2/2

CD/DPO:  5DPO

Timing:  -5, -4, -2, 0

Testing:  9/4 I'll test.. Unless AF comes before then

R/R: it's Friday and my last patient is late AND I'm supposed to be on vacation come 3:30

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What's going on with you this weekend? We are leaving for Rodanthe, NC for a week tomorrow! So excited to take DS but will miss DH (he has to work :( )

• Options
    adirat said:
    Monday! It'll be a big day! And I would love to have a gif with joyful cascading Wondfos like when you beat computer solitaire. 

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options

Month/Cycle:  5/3 ttcal

CD/DPO:  19/6

Timing:  -5, -3, -2, -1, 0, +1

Testing:  9/4 is when I hope to hold out to, dont know if I can

R/R: I had a beer at lunch, and am choosing to bump instead of work.  Probably not the best idea, as I need to have some new sketches of email templates out by the end of day, but I dont seem to care. 

CS/Q: Is it common to drink until you get a positive test, or do most people stop during the tww?  My parents are coming in to town on labor day weekend, and thats still before I test.  They enjoy going out of many drinks during visits, and I dont know if I want to indulge.  One beer (see r/r) seems okay, but drinking at more than one meal seems like it might be too much.  What do people think?

GTKY: What's going on with you this weekend? Not a lot.  My dog has a hair cut, so we are going to breakfast tomorrow morning, and maybe walking around the city some.  

**TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    @littlebug2010 I think most ladies on here do "drink til it's pink".  To each their own - whatever makes you comfortable.  I drink until 6dpo because that's when implantation could potentially begin.  I think the general idea is that baby doesn't even share bloodflow with you yet, so it's just not going to be an impact.
  • Options
    @littlebug2010 I'm with @antoto. I understand that there is no risk associated with drinking during TWW so I don't worry about it, though I have not gotten really drunk or anything just in case. Also, this may be just me, but I would much rather have a beer during TWW than have people ask why I'm not drinking and have to get into a whole thing when we aren't telling many friends or anyone in his family that we are TTC. 

• Options
    @antoto and @adirat, Thanks for your input.  Before my loss, I had stopped all together, and it made it super hard to hide it around family.  They now know we are trying becuase of the loss, and so I would expect that they might not say anything, but I would rather not get into it.  Im glad to know that many of you "drink until pink!", makes me feel a lot better about it all!  I love bumping! 

IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • Options
    @marybpoppins The earliest I've seen BFPs in the chart gallery on FF or on here is 8DPO. Sure you'll occassionally see a chart on FF with a 7DPO BFP but it's usually "7DPO" where they weren't temping or they had a weird slow rise and fallback so it's hard to say if they're 7DPO or 11DPO or whatever. I've never seen a chart with a clear rise showing no other possible interpretation except 7DPO with a BFP, if that makes sense.

@ahrains I'm sorry. All the wine! And hugs. Lots of hugs too.

@swimsister I hear you girl. I started TTC not too long after my SIL gave birth to her daughter. She is now pregnant again and having her second baby in January and I'm still TTC#1. It's hard. I cried for 2 full days after she announces baby#2 to me. I felt bad for being so upset by her good news but it just really really hurt. None of us are going to judge you for being sad for yourself when you hear about someone else's pregnancy or birth of a child. We all get it. Or, ya know, at least those of us who have been TTC for awhile.

Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

@NamelessAria I'm so sorry for BFN. I want it to be your month so badly! Is clomid contraindicated for endometriosis? It definitely sounds like you are having a hormone reaction to it. Creepy internet hugs. I hope your weekend manages to be OK.

@littlebug2010 That's so tough. Are your family generally conscientious people? If so then they may not say anything and it'll be OK. Good luck. Also... I will be having a beer in nine minutes, so you know, priorities :)

• Options
    my husband had to be gone a full week (including the weekend) for work and didn't want me painting without him. Clearly I'll do a horrible job alone even though it goes fine with him there, right? He's my painting muse or something. 

Reaction GIF eye roll Lena Headey Game of Thrones

I laughed out loud when I read this. My DH does the SAME DAMN THING. We just finished painting our kitchen (after 3 years...) and the whole time I offered to keep it going while he was gone/not feeling up to it and he was all "No, nope, that's fine. I can do it".

(I'm stuck in the box of doom. Apologies.)
  • Options

@adirat Thanks for the support and the pineapple info. So much weird stuff is supposed to get you KTFU…

@namelessaria Thanks for the support! I’m sorry about your BFNs.

• Options
    Well it's Saturday morning here in Korea and I'm going to buy a HPT today since I used my last one on Thursday at 12 or 11 dpo. Hopefully I can hold out until tomorrow morning but that probably won't happen. AF should come tomorrow but I have no cramps and I was horribly nauseous last night but no other sickness signs. It could have been something I ate but who knows, FX. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @slavenski FX for you! 
  • Options
    @adirat hope you enjoyed your beer! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • Options
    Well took another test this morning and still BFN at 13/14DPO
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    Hey sorry @slam1110 missed your tag yesterday as mobile bump doesn't tell me when someone tags me. A debut party is a party I have for new team members in my direct sales business to help them launch their own business :) Hope your temps stays up!
  • Options
    sevennsevenn member
    edited September 2016
    Deleted and then reposted in proper TWW Thread... was wondering why it said TWW Friday when it was Thursday.  I assumed the OP got the day of the week wrong and not that I clicked on the wrong thread, of course.  Gahhh
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• Options
    Ferrell2BFerrell2B member
    edited September 2016
    Deleted and re-posted.  
  • Options
    @Ferrell2B and anyone else reading this - this is NOT the TWW thread for today!!!