Pregnant after a Loss

Intro ***child mentioned***

Not quite sure where to go so I thought this board would be the best for me.

I'm a previous member of the February 2015 and have a gorgeous 18 month old son.  On 8/15 I had had a MC at 6 weeks.  Needless to say my husband and I were devastated. We followed my HCG down to 4.5 so there was no need for a D & C.      My wonderful OB told me everything would be OK and that I did nothing wrong and that I could start trying again when I felt ready. We wanted to wait till my AF came back to try again. Went on vacation with family and decided to have a good time with everyone. 

Been feeling crappy the past few days and thought I had a UTI.  Just got back from doc and turns out I'm Pregnant AGAIN!!! He confirmed that this is indeed a new pregnancy and did a pelvic exam and everything feels normal and good.  Drew blood and will go back on thur for follow up blood work.  Will have an U/S in 2 weeks to date the pregnancy since we have no idea how far along I am since I didn't even know I ovulated. 

Needless to say I am in total shock that I am pregnant so soon.  I'm def excited but beyond scared. 

Thought you guys could def understand what I'm going through and hopefully have some words of wisdom and encouragement.  Will hopefully get my beta back tomorrow and will fill you in on what the results are.  

Thanks!
****Siggy Warning***
Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
CP-4/2014
BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Intro ***child mentioned***

• Oh my goodness. I had only one period after my mc so I can almost relate. It feels like too soon after loss! But not knowing when you ovulated must cause so many questions and be much harder. 

Please keep us updated. I was told I might be having an ectopic pregnancy in my first week, which was again so soon after loss, and that pushed me into some crazy anxiety. Once that was over and ectopic ruled out I've been able to be much calmer about it but man, the first few weeks really are super rough. I'm in the week that is my loss milestone and am showing no signs of loss so that has kept me bolstered but it's a long road ahead. 

My only words of wisdom are to take it one day at a time. And find yourself some good, lighthearted distractions. And be a little selfish for awhile. Take care of yourself instead of others until you're more comfortable in this new pregnancy. You deserve it. 

Anyway, congrats on your rainbow baby. Fingers crossed for you. 
  • Congrats and welcome!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks. Will def keep u guys updated. Thank god I have an amazing OB who actually told me today it was normal to be nervous but then he took my hand and said "it's also ok to be excited too." Thought that was really nice. The nurse even said she didn't think she would see me so soon and giving me the news that I was preganabt again made her day. With my son I had HG and was so sick. This last time I didn't puke once which I just chalked up to every pregnancy is different. Well happy to say that I haven't been able to keep anything down for the last 3 days. Know it doesn't mean much but it's hopefully something that will remind me that I'm pregnant. Think I'll chill out with u guys for a while before introducing myself to the May 17 group.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Just got results from doc.  HGC is 105.5.  Going back tomorrow for my follow-up test. FX for over 210 on fri!!!
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Congrats! What a roller coaster. I hope your next beta is solid.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Yay! So good to hear.