August 2016 Moms

Products I Love & Really Work

if you think this topic would be better suited elsewhere, please let me know. I thought it might be beneficial to start a thread discussing baby & mommy products we could recommend to each other. I'm a STM but feel as clueless as I did the first time around. Lol
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Products I Love & Really Work

• Has anyone used Mederma for stretch marks? I got zero stretch marks are my tummy but my thighs are covered. I swear they came out of nowhere toward the tail end of my pregnancy! 

I just learned infant massage the other day and DS seemed to really enjoy it. At the time I just used lotion because that is what I had on hand but the teacher recommended that I should get some actual infant massage oil. There are a ton out there and I don't know which one is best?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I used Spoiled Mama on my belly religiously and I just have a couple barely noticeable stretch marks there. I was less disciplined about putting it on my butt and thighs and they are covered in dark stretch marks. I'm going to finish off the belly butter I have then try other things. 

For massage, I have this, but I haven't really used it for an infant massage yet. I rubbed some on his back last night as he was nursing last night, but then he woke up when we dressed him for bed. 

A product I have really enjoyed is Lansino's breast pads. I picked them up at Target. They're similar to this one, but the one I found in store has a cloth pouch that the little beaded pouch goes in. I've used it cold after nursing and warm before nursing and both were enjoyable. 
    https://www.target.com/p/lansinoh-therapearl-3-in-1-breast-therapy/-/A-14386190
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My favorite baby things so far includes the halo bassinest, our bed is really tall and this ones adjustable. My son loves swaddle me sleep sacks. My boppy is a must have! Aden and anis muslin swaddles are really versatile and light for our summer baby. I love old navy maternity tanks, they work well for pulling down to breast feed too! honest co Nipple cream works really well. Advent nipple shells for collecting breastmilk are wonderful too. Finally the Feed Baby app has helped me and DH better anticipate what baby could need next
  • ShanRum3ShanRum3 member
    edited September 2016
    @midwestbaby We LOVE the Wubbanubs as well. So cute and easier to keep track of than just a regular binkie! 
  • Love:

Aden and Anis swaddle blankets
    SwaddleMe Velcro wraps
    Gerber cloth diapers as burp cloths
    Auto Rock n Play
    Aquaphor for eczema 
    Travel Lite (smallest) Pack n Play
    Pampers Swaddlers diapers
    Aveno baby wash
    Avent Natural bottles
    Gripe water
    Skip and Go bottle cooler and changer for diaper bag

• I love our wubbanub! I thought they were silly until we used it, now it's my favorite and the only.one we van really keep track of. 
    Coconut oil has been amazing. It does more for soothing my poor nipples than the nipple cream. I put it in a small tin (think Ketchup cup at a restaurant. . I stole a couple!) And just stick my nipple in it! 
    Dr browns bottles. Have yet to see a bubble form in one. Even with all the parts, they are easy to wash.
    Swaddleme and muslin blankets. We use the muslin for everything. I could have skipped burp rags since I just always have one of those blankets in reach.
    Rock n play and swing have been life savers
    Boba has given me my sanity lately. Levi loves being in it, no matter how cranky he is, it has yet to fail me
    Bravado original nursing bra. Spendy but worth it.
    Huggies swaddlers (they have the line on them too)
    Gripe water. I now call it happy juice
    Forhead thermometer. I know not to use it for baby, but I use it to see if it's worth sticking a thermometer up his but. So far it's been about as accurate as rectal temps. Will be using it on my big kids from now on. I used to gauge their temp by kissing them on the forehead, but when I call the nurse line they tend to want a number lol
    Convertible diaper bag (over the shoulder strap or backpack straps. Mine is a jujube. Use each way depending if I'm wearing baby or not)
    Nipple shields. Think I can thank those for our breastfeeding success. 
  • @stephanie7693 gripe water is our happy juice too. What brand thermometer do you have? 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• LWC1112 said:
    @stephanie7693 gripe water is our happy juice too. What brand thermometer do you have? 
    Safety 1st is the brand
  • Baby K'tan is working well for us.

Also, Snuggle Nest Surround XL co-sleeper is great! We got it because baby wouldn't sleep in the pack & play or crib for more than 20 minutes at a time. We had to hold him in our arms or let him lie on the chest while sitting in a recliner, but I was scared he would be accidentally smothered when I or DH falls asleep. All of us are sleeping much better now with this co-sleeper! It also helps my c-section incision heal now that I don't need to travel as far to pick him up for feedings.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Carriers for the win again. We alternate between the K'tan breeze, Solly, and Ergo (with insert for DH). Love them all. I am excited to use my Tula in a few months.

Velcro swaddles are fantastic too.

Total vanity item here but I'm using a bellefit and love it for my recovery/fitting into clothes.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• For those of you using Swaddleme or other Velcro swaddles... Have you had any issues with the material bunching up over LO's face? We've tried the swaddleme and Halo Sleepsack Swaddle and had the same problem with both. I'm scared J is going to suffocate while we sleep. We're trying an Aden + Anais Easy Swaddle tonight and it looks like it's already bunching. Maybe it's user error?

I have a Miracle Blanket ordered from Amazon as well. Jameson cannot sleep unswaddled, and I'm getting desperate. 
  • @Mfuller76 I was having trouble with our halo sleepsack in the beginning. We actually stopped using it for a while and just used a normal blanket to swaddle. Now that he is a little bigger (10+ lbs), I am no longer having an issue. I always make sure to pull the sleepsack down after I Velcro the arms to make it as snug to his shoulders as possible. 
  • We let our guy have his arms out or else he is constantly fighting to get them out. Since we do it that way, the material stays out of his face. We had that problem before we decided to swaddle arms out.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• WinnieLou82WinnieLou82 member
    edited October 2016
    @Mfuller76
    Size of the swaddle definitely maters. DD was 7.8 at birth now closer to 9 at 6 weeks and the small ones we had new are just fitting. The ones we used before are from my SIL so they've been used, washed and dried a few times so they're smaller. 

I'm also careful to keep the swaddle neck line right at her shoulders and wrap the flaps at a diagonal down so it isn't all wrapped around her neck. 

• I find the swaddle me zip up swaddles are easier and don't ride up. I think they are only for newborns though so if your baby is older/ bigger, they may not work. We're still using them at 5 weeks but I am not sure how much longer they will fit

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • @Mfuller76 we angle the swaddleme wings down and that seems to help. We had the miracle blanket for DS1, because he was a master at breaking out of swaddles, and it was amazing!! We haven't used it for DS2 yet, because he rarely can get out of the swaddleme, but if you have a LO who fights the swaddle, I totally recommend it. 

• ballofmeatballofmeat member
    edited September 2016
    Mfuller76 said:
    For those of you using Swaddleme or other Velcro swaddles... Have you had any issues with the material bunching up over LO's face? We've tried the swaddleme and Halo Sleepsack Swaddle and had the same problem with both. I'm scared J is going to suffocate while we sleep. We're trying an Aden + Anais Easy Swaddle tonight and it looks like it's already bunching. Maybe it's user error?

I have a Miracle Blanket ordered from Amazon as well. Jameson cannot sleep unswaddled, and I'm getting desperate. 
    The Ollie swaddle is the only one that doesn't move for DD. It's spendy, but we love them! We have two because spit up happens. Plus it comes in the most adorable packaging :) 
    https://theollieworld.com/

Above photo of DD stuck in box. Stupid bump app! 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• Thanks y'all. The A+A easy swaddle was a bust. We tried the Seaddleme again last night and he was fine for the first sleep stretch. He sonehow managed to work one arm out of the top of the swaddle, and the others arm out the bottom part. He looked like he was wearing a baby toga and was flailing wildly but at least it wasn't over his face this time. Miracle Blanket being delivered today... Fingers crossed!
  • Anyone ever purchased a 4Mom MamaRoo?? I want to know if it's really worth all of the money
  • charmedlifex3charmedlifex3 member
    edited September 2016
    @mrsewilson The reason I didn't is you aren't supposed to let them sleep in it, unwatched. It's a "swing" or a seat, not a sleeper. Can you let them sleep in it? Probably, but I know I would worry. Plus... ouch on the price. And I have heard mixed reviews from parents who have it... and you know how kid things go, they love it and it's a lifesaver, for three weeks. 

"SAFETY NOTICE:  The mamaRoo should always be sitting on the floor, never elevated on a table or anywhere else and never leave a baby sitting in the seat unattended.  While the mamaRoo does have an obstruction detector, it is best to be safe and supervise at all times, especially with other children in the home."

We bought the one below, which has all the features except the multidirectional rock. It's a third the price. On the app, you can program a playlist and play whatever music soothes the baby. - And it's a "sleeper," not a napper, which I know is semantics, but its probably a liability thing because of SIDS- and I feel more comfortable with a product a company is willing to stand behind as a sleeper, not push it off on me for letting my child sleep "unattended" because how dare I sleep too... lol. 

https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/fisher-price-reg-smart-connect-trade-deluxe-newborn-auto-rock-39-n-play-trade-sleeper/1046264022?skuId=46264022&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=All Products&mcid=PS_bingpla_nonbrand__&creative=9338947433&device=c

• Allisun85 said:
    @mrsewilson The reason I didn't is you aren't supposed to let them sleep in it, unwatched. It's a "swing" or a seat, not a sleeper. Can you let them sleep in it? Probably, but I know I would worry. Plus... ouch on the price. And I have heard mixed reviews from parents who have it... and you know how kid things go, they love it and it's a lifesaver, for three weeks. 

"SAFETY NOTICE:  The mamaRoo should always be sitting on the floor, never elevated on a table or anywhere else and never leave a baby sitting in the seat unattended.  While the mamaRoo does have an obstruction detector, it is best to be safe and supervise at all times, especially with other children in the home."

We bought the one below, which has all the features except the multidirectional rock. It's a third the price. On the app, you can program a playlist and play whatever music soothes the baby. - And it's a "sleeper," not a napper, which I know is semantics, but its probably a liability thing because of SIDS- and I feel more comfortable with a product a company is willing to stand behind as a sleeper, not push it off on me for letting my child sleep "unattended" because how dare I sleep too... lol. 

https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/fisher-price-reg-smart-connect-trade-deluxe-newborn-auto-rock-39-n-play-trade-sleeper/1046264022?skuId=46264022&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=All Products&mcid=PS_bingpla_nonbrand__&creative=9338947433&device=c

Thank you. I've been reading mixed reviews about it also. I wasn't  intending on using it as a sleeper, just a second pair of hands. He turns so dang red when I put him in his regular rocker thing, I thought I'd let him cry it out to get used to it but that wasn't the case he just hates it. I already have a sleeper/rocker by Ingenuity, sadly when I got it home I realized it didn't rock by itself but it vibrates pretty good to keep him calm/resting. I just want something like a rocker, to bring about the house with me so i can still do light cooking and some chores.