September 2015 Moms

NBR help, best wax strips?!

LoveLee85LoveLee85 member
edited September 2016 in September 2015 Moms
I'm in desperate need of some good at home wax strips. Anyone have any experience with this?? Legs, bikini, face/brows....I'm very interested in all of it. LOL 

I am very white with black hair. My lip hair seems to be getting darker?! I tried to shave it and now it's all prickly and very noticeable that I shaved it. Hahah. Fabulous, right?? Wedding this weekend and I'm hoping to wax everything up! I always keep a more natural brow but would love to wax the crazy over grown straggly hairs, too. 

My favorite wax strips were the kind you rub together and peel apart. They were ouch less and minty colored and smelled. They discontinued them almost two years ago. I tried Nair cream hair removal and it did nothing besides burn my lip/ brows. All the hair stayed there and they were inflamed and burnt feeling for three days. 

Re: NBR help, best wax strips?!

• I know Nair has some rub and peel wax strips. I love the Veet sensitive ones. Also Sephora sells some called Bliss Poetic Waxing Strips. The ones from Sephora are expensive. The Veet sensitive ones I use are amazing. Painless. No smell and work really really well! If you can't find any boxed wax strips maybe try a salon? Waxing prices aren't usually bad and you can get a few things done for one price. It will also last much longer then any at home waxing! 
  • No advice on wax strips the last kind I used was a natural sugar wax which I liked but can get kind of messy. But I'm also white with black hair and I just tweeze my upper lip. It's actually pretty quick for me and doesn't hurt as bad as wax IMO. I shave everything else (except my brows I clean them up with the tweezers too).
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Loading the player...
  • I am very fair skinned and have course thick hair. I use the veet strips that come in a pink box every once in a while. I go to a salon for a Brazilian every month though, that's too hard to do alone. I also just found out about a hair removal device called an epillator. It looks like an electric razor but it pulls your hairs out so its kind of like waxing!!
  • I am very fair skinned and have course thick hair. I use the veet strips that come in a pink box every once in a while. I go to a salon for a Brazilian every month though, that's too hard to do alone. I also just found out about a hair removal device called an epillator. It looks like an electric razor but it pulls your hairs out so its kind of like waxing!!
    This made me cringe but I want to try this product at the same time! Can you buy it at the drug store @Growingapepper or is it something you need to order online? 
  • I know right!! Apparently it's really painful until after a few uses. Think slow motion waxing.. Yikes! But waxing is expensive if you're going to a professional and honestly I'll take any amount of pain to have a longer lasting "shave." I've been looking on Amazon, I've never seen them in a store before but I've never looked. There is a huge price range from $30 to $150. I'm thinking about going for the more expensive braun 9. My husband has an electric shaver from Braun and he loooves it so I trust the brand. Plus it has great reviews. I've heard good things about the emjoi too, I think that one runs more around 50 or 60.
    A lot of the pictures online make the epistolary look bad because they are all red and spotted afterwards but if you've ever waxed your legs, that's what it looks like lol. Every hair follicle leaves a polka dot.. Don't plan on wearing showing your legs for at least 12 hours! And if you are prone to ingrown hairs you'll probably get a lot which they say can be controlled with exfoliating but probably won't make much of a difference. I always get a couple when I wax but whatever. Worth it lol
  • @Growingapepper thank you! I wi now be searching drug stores, Walmart and Amazon. I have to try this.
  • Sally Hanson makes some but I like the nad's ones better. I have only ever used the facial hair ones but I am sure they are all great. 
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • Thank you!!!! I'm looking into all of this!!!! 
  • LoveLee85 said:
    Thank you!!!! I'm looking into all of this!!!! 
    Both brands you can rub together I usually hear them a little with my blow dryer though, I find it works better. Good luck and don't shave your face again!! The results won't be good!!
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012