February 2017 Moms

What my Pregnant Self is Eating 8/29

13»

Re: What my Pregnant Self is Eating 8/29

• Ever since this thread talked about chocolate milk, I have been a 12oz of chocolate milk every morning kinda girl (dark chocolate almond milk). That's more milk than I drank the last 20 years combined. 
  • @scifichick09 Ok ... Their broccoli cheddar is SO GOOD right? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @homemake SO GOOD!

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What does everyone eat when you are starving but nothing sounds good?   I feel like this week I can't eat enough to make me full.
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The only popcorn I like is cheese. I get really grossed out by caramel popcorn.  But for some reason, I'm craving caramel popcorn from Garrett's, right now.  

• edited September 2016
    Tonight I had tuna broccoli casserole with cheddar cheese. DH and I try to avoid eating meat 2 days out of the week and replace them with healthier or less fatty foods because we are definitely red meat lovers. We eat a lot of Vietnamese rice noodles on those days but I don't count tuna as regular meat lol. 

@Partyof6? Do you ever eat protein bars? I keep kind bars and Clif bars just for those days when I need to be filled up quickly, but can't find anything I want to eat. They've always been pretty easy on my tummy because they aren't too sweet and sugary like some granola bars. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger, I tried a few but they are so . . . I don't know heavy?   Thick?   They weren't going down well.   
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Partyof6? I definitely can see that. I think especially more so with the clif bars because they are kind of bulky. I would suggest raw veggies or fruit but sometimes those aren't as filling. Maybe Lipton chicken soup? I love that stuff. I definitely know how you feel and I hope the yucky feeling goes away soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks @LivingLaVidaGinger.  I am trying to watch my blood sugar too, I get very low.  I am trying to make sure my snacks count, and that I am getting protein.  Its frustrating!   
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Partyof6? I know you said you're trying to watch your sugar, I'm not sure if this works for you but I usually make a grilled cheese when I'm hungry and don't want to eat anything.  ??? Just a suggestion.  

• @scifichick09 oh man, Panera broccoli cheddar soup is so good! I was on a kick for a while and every time I'd get it is also treat myself to a giant chocolate chipper cookie. They're amazing when you microwave them for 10 seconds. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Partyof6? I like peanut butter crackers when I'm hungry but nothing sounds good, they always go down easy and I figure peanut butter has protein so it's pretty healthy. DH prefers the ones with cheese filling instead so we usually get a mixed pack but both kinds are good.
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @Partyof6? I bought a box of the vanilla flavor baby booster protein mix. I mix it with milk and orange juice and it tastes like an orange Julius. It's saved me when nothing else seems good but I need to get vitamins and feel full. 
  • @Partyof6? Have you tried any shakes? When I was hungry but feeling blah about food, I usually drank a high protein shake and felt better after. I tried the pre-made Special K, Boost, and Carnation high protein and I think that the Carnation shakes were my favorite.
    Married 5/29/09
    DS 8/10/2010 8lbs 6oz
    DD 11/28/2012 8lbs 7oz
    It's a Girl! Due 2/5/2017
  • OOO I love the Carnation breakfast milk (chocolate). So good!

TTC #1 since 09/2015

BFP 05/28/2016!

• Going to a Lebanese-American place for lunch...  Can't wait to get some grilled meat wrapped in a pita!  I'm so happy just picturing it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jlellis603jlellis603 member
    edited September 2016
    Once a month they have "Mighty Bowls" in the caf at work and they are soooo good! Today's is (cold) chicken, spinach, summer squash, peas (which, ew but I cant taste them), wheatberries, sunflower seeds, mixed with a pumpkin curry sauce and topped with a yogurt and cucumber dip thing. YUM.
  • Thanks for the suggestions! 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have pie at home that is waiting for me...lol....cookies n cream pie. I give myself credit....I have only had teeny pieces her and there....but I want a giant piece now that I can't access it lol
  • I actually drive myself to chick-fil-a this morning because I really, really wanted hashbrowns. They were amazing! 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I fought a nacho cheese doritos craving for 24 hours, and then finally caved. I'm never fighting a craving again. A male coworker (who I have a good relationship with and know he meant well saying this) commented that I can't feed my baby that. It took every ounce of effort not to say "f*ck off." 
  • I actually drive myself to chick-fil-a this morning because I really, really wanted hashbrowns. They were amazing! 
    Speaking of Chick-fil-a, I drove myself 15 mins there last Sunday to get a sandwich for diner and didn't even think about the fact that they would be closed.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CurlyCupcake21 That sucks so hard, I probably would have cried.

TTC #1 since 09/2015

BFP 05/28/2016!

• @CurlyCupcake21 That is just horrible! Food disappointment in pregnancy is rough.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Ive just had fish & chips from a new place that opened near me & it was great!