November 2015 Moms

Losing the baby weight

Hi ladies,

It has been a long time since I participated in any discussions, but I do not know where else to turn.  I am having issues with my appearance and weight loss.  I gave birth in Nov 2015. After 55 hours of labor, I was forced to have a c section. I lost most of my baby weight in the first month, but still had a ways to go. I began working out after I was cleared by the doctor but after 2 weeks I had a strange pain in my stomach. Long story short, I had a hernia from the labor and needed to have it surgically repaired. Three months later my surgeon cleared me to work out. I noticed that my core was completely depleted and I was unable to work out without experiencing pain.  My surgeon said “There is nothing I can do for that.” Now I am stuck with a hidous belly flap and cannot find anyway to lose it.  Does anybody have any advice from your own personal experiences or a friends? I am eating healthier but I am not seeing any change in my belly area.

I appreciate any help!

Re: Losing the baby weight

• Sorry you've been through so much these last few months. Losing the weight can be a challenge for sure! I've got 3 now, ages 3, 2 and 10 months. The most effective way I've found to lose the belly flab all 3 times was running. I run distance, not sprinting. Anywhere from 3-9 mile runs a couple days a week! It's also a great time of the day for me to get some me time. Hope this helps! Good luck!