Families and Friendships
Options

Dealing with Family Drama while Pregnant

Hello!

I'm trying to stay as stress free as possible while pregnant. I have a lot of issues with food and feeling sick, and I have resorted to using humor to cope so I don't succumb to the frustration I have with food. On my Facebook I have started posting these issues with humorous spins and a lot of my mommy friends love them! I even made a blog to move my posts to because they were so popular.

Recently my stepmother said that her granddaughter would give her left leg to be able to have a baby and all she sees me do it complain. I then sent her a message informing her that I am having some legitimate issues especially with eating, but I'm not by any mean complaining about having a baby, just my symptoms.

(Quick background on that, I have high food aversions, even if I craved something, 2 bites later I feel sick. 90% of the time I eat I feel or get sick. I'm in my second trimester and losing weight, but luckily my little man is growing fine.)

Well after I texted her as nicely as possible telling her some of my actual issues and how I'm working on them with my doctor, then I find she blocked me on Facebook. No explaination, no response, nothing.

I have anxiety and tend to dwell on things, so does anyone have any advice on how to deal? I feel that if my Facebook posts (which are spun into satire humor, not rash complaints) are bothersome, I would have been informed on the situation it if was bothering her granddaughter. I don't know. Am I dwelling on something and stressing out when I shouldn't? I've quarreled with her before over stupid stuff and I know if I try to discuss it with her then it'll stress me out more.

Re: Dealing with Family Drama while Pregnant

• Options
    You are dwelling. Blocking you was a good response. When I have issue with people, I block them. 
    What's the alternative? Stop everything you're doing so you don't offend the granddaughter?
    I think you be grateful that the opportunity for drama was nipped in the bud, and you let this go.
    Everything you are posting suggests that pursuing this will be stressful.
    There is no issue here. Enjoy your blog and move on. 
    Good luck with your pregnancy and food issues.
  • Options
    Hello!

I'm trying to stay as stress free as possible while pregnant. I have a lot of issues with food and feeling sick, and I have resorted to using humor to cope so I don't succumb to the frustration I have with food. On my Facebook I have started posting these issues with humorous spins and a lot of my mommy friends love them! I even made a blog to move my posts to because they were so popular.

Recently my stepmother said that her granddaughter would give her left leg to be able to have a baby and all she sees me do it complain. I then sent her a message informing her that I am having some legitimate issues especially with eating, but I'm not by any mean complaining about having a baby, just my symptoms.

(Quick background on that, I have high food aversions, even if I craved something, 2 bites later I feel sick. 90% of the time I eat I feel or get sick. I'm in my second trimester and losing weight, but luckily my little man is growing fine.)

Well after I texted her as nicely as possible telling her some of my actual issues and how I'm working on them with my doctor, then I find she blocked me on Facebook. No explaination, no response, nothing.

I have anxiety and tend to dwell on things, so does anyone have any advice on how to deal? I feel that if my Facebook posts (which are spun into satire humor, not rash complaints) are bothersome, I would have been informed on the situation it if was bothering her granddaughter. I don't know. Am I dwelling on something and stressing out when I shouldn't? I've quarreled with her before over stupid stuff and I know if I try to discuss it with her then it'll stress me out more.
    @JadedNoodles

You're dwelling and any stress over this would be your fault (sorry if that's harsh). I can understand it sucks being blocked by someone on Facebook but move on. If she's offended by your posts and blocks you, that's probably for the best. You're an adult and should be focusing on things that actually matter. Keep up with your blog and your Facebook posts like you have been and don't worry about whether or not someone blocks you.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker