January 2017 Moms

Cravings

Re: Cravings

• Burgers... It's just about the only meat I can eat without getting sick; Anise pizelles... They help with the morning sickness; apple waffles with cinnamon syrup ( I literally cried out of happiness when I ate this a couple of days ago; and glorious pot roast  with gravy over buttered egg noodles; and fresh applesauce. Now, I will have sweet dreams about all these delicious foods!
  • Mexican food - mostly the chips and salsa and cheese dip, burgersssss, macaroni and cheese, crunchy iceberg lettuce, fake fruit filling like what's in pop tarts and nutrigrain bars, Cheetos puffs, basically everything that's SUPER HEALTHY OBVS.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Everything from Bread Co. Today it was chicken and wild rice soup and a Mediterranean veggie panini!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lately (and I posted about it in another thread a few weeks back.) It's been all about cereal. First a honey comb binge, now its honey combs and frosted cheerios. Most of my grocery shopping ia straight cereal.
  • Wholesome said:
    I had been craving pumpkin pie and chai tea.  I ate too much of each for a few weeks.  I've been craving cheese fries too but that's fading even though I haven't had any.

My new craving is Oreo dessert, specifically dirt cake with worms.  I've been dropping some not-so-subtle hints to my husband about it, like sending him recipes (haha), so maybe he'll make it happen.
    I, too, have been craving chai! But now you've got me dreaming about dirt cake yummmmmm. Yours looks beautiful!

This thread has me so hungry! Everyone's cravings sound good (except you weirdos wanting healthy stuff). ;)

Lately (and pretty much throughout my pregnancy... and life), I always want fruity/chewy candies. I'm also on a lemonade, tomato soup, and tuna kick. Until the mention of dirt cake, I was finally 'over' chocolate. I'm also burger-ed out at this point.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yumm to all of these posts...or most of them anyway!!

I now was chocolate covered frozen banana, and some taco bell, or even better moes. 

I've been craving pasta, Mexican, buffalo chicken wraps/anything, popcorn, and ice cream.

Had a dream 2 nights ago my triglycerides were elevated...I'm taking the subtle hint!
  • TUNA!! Why am I craving tuna??? I know that is one that youre4 ot supposed to eat much of when pregnant. But I had a tuna sandwich and then a tuna salad from subway the other day and OMG it was so satisfying.... however now I feel like a horrie mother and hae banned myself from it. Lol
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have no cravings. I'm kind of jealous of people who do. I eat food because I know I need to eat and I feel hungry, but then I feel sick. I did want fast food burritos for about 1 week in the beginning, but then it was over. It was the only time in either of my pregnancies I wanted anything specific to eat. Most of the things you ladies are listing do sound good though. 
  • For whatever reason, gigantic bowls of raw spinach with cilantro avocado yogurt salad dressing. Both of my pregnancies have started with horrifying kale cravings (which was kind of weird with this one because I'd been taking prenatals for 4 months beforehand while trying to conceive, so it's not like I was folate-deficient).

And greek yogurt. I know @Wholesome posted that chart on page 1 of this thread covering all the things you crave and what it translates to. I'm kind of sad my body just cuts the shit and goes straight to craving whatever it actually it needs instead of the fun stuff.
  • I'm with @Teach123... I've had no actual cravings. Nothing fun I've desired, nothing I've had to make H go out and get for me. In the first tri I lived off of starbursts, but that was to help my nausea/not a craving. I have been eating ice cream every other night, but I can't call that a craving... I really just call that a pregnancy perk. 
  • @adorebella Yes! I don't usually eat fast food but I was out and about with my husband the other day and didn't have much choice so we went to Taco Bell. I got the $5 cravings deal and I don't think I've made many decisions in my life better than that one. That Gordida Crunch thing was soooooo good. It's a good thing the nearest Taco bell is a 45 minute drive from me, or I'd be in serious trouble! 
  • I've eaten more of this crap than I have in years because so many times it seems like it'll be the only thing that stays down:

And since I'm getting that, I'm also eating this to make it a meal:

I found if I use dipping sauces or get a drink, i lose it.  So, as long as I drink my lacroix at home, I'm good.
    BabyName Ticker
  • @Michellewfhs Taco Bell really knows what they're doing. And there one right around the corner from me so I'm in for trouble lol. 

@Wholesome My McDonald's jam lately has been fries and a milkshake. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • PMForbie said:

This thread is about as bad as going to the grocery store while pregnant and hungry. My DH is going to have a long shopping list tonight...

I think I need to avoid this thread. LOL

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I crave ice cold milk all day long. I have cravings for sweets too but don't have them every day. I miss my mt dew so I cave every now and then and drink a bottle.
  • Peaches. All the peaches. And salad and breadsticks from Olive Garden. I've ordered there so min lately they now know who I am. 

@LastMango I am now dying for a martini, extra dirty. So thank you for that! LOL I'll have to see if I can sneak one into the hospital after this little one is out! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Pumpkin Spice Gone to Far| Jan '17 September Siggy Challenge

• Also on the Taco Bell bandwagon. I always love tb but it is extra satisfying at the moment. My H is prohibiting me from having it ("all the taco bells are closed down"... Lies!)
    so I've gone on a general Mexican kick including tacos and fajitas but mainly beans and rice.... Mmmmm. I spent two hours Saturday googling the Mexican restaurant options then insisted on getting dinner at 3:30.
    im also back onto Cheerios w banana and milk, I had a breakup with bananas for the first trimester so it's nice we're back together and better than ever.
    i had so many food aversions at the beginning, it's nice to have food sound good! Too bad dinner is always an unattainable craving so I have to order out. I'm spending all the moneys on my food demands.
  • Just the last week I've been wanting fries! I usually could pass on fries, and would never go out of my way to get them, but I've gone through the drive-thru at McDonald's just to get a small fry. I don't indulge every time the craving hits, but about every 1 in 8. The red pasta sauce craving has subsided a bit (DH is thankful).
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Seared asparagus and hollandaise sauce. Oh and baby carrots with ranch. 
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • I crave extra dirty martinis and Bloody Mary's more than anything. 
    Grapes, apples, bananas, and the frozen steak 'n cheese burritos. And pink lemonade- I can't get enough of it.
  • Grilled bologna and cheese sandwiches.  And ice cream.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Cheese. All kinds. Mostly because I know it won't make me puke, but also because it just tastes so dang good!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I already complained about this. But I'm going to vent about this craving so I don't give in.

WHAT I WOULD GIVE FOR A TUNA SALAD RIGHT NOW!!! OOOMG!

I even made salmon last night to see if that would help the craving, since it's not as high in mercury.

Nope.

There's a subway at my job and their tuna chopped salad is delicious.... so tempting...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HJMorgan I hate the tuna restriction! I understand the mercury exposure, but it's one of the few things that didn't nauseate me during the first trimester (oddly enough). This cafe by my work has gf tuna salad wraps - with chopped banana peppers. They're SO good but I'm trying not to spend money on lunch everyday. 
  • @HJMorgan @christac1010 not all canned tuna is high in mercury. Pole or line caught tuna from a reputable brand is actually pretty low in mercury and should be fairly safe. I still try to limit myself to 1 can a week but don't feel guilty if I end up eating more. 
  • @wholesome LOL!!! This is so many of my facebook friends right now. xD

@KRB22 Oh really?? I will have to look into this when I just can't take it anymore. lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Peaches. All the peaches. And salad and breadsticks from Olive Garden. I've ordered there so min lately they now know who I am. 

@LastMango I am now dying for a martini, extra dirty. So thank you for that! LOL I'll have to see if I can sneak one into the hospital after this little one is out! 
    That's my plan!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @HJMorgan yep! I guess this is because wild pole caught tuna tends to be younger and smaller than other tuna, and therefore will have accumulated less mercury. 

I usually buy these brands - on the pricier side for canned tuna, but not bad considering I'm only eating a couple of cans a month and know it's a clean, healthy product. 

https://www.wildplanetfoods.com/our-products/

https://www.americantuna.com

• KRB22 said:
    @HJMorgan @christac1010 not all canned tuna is high in mercury. Pole or line caught tuna from a reputable brand is actually pretty low in mercury and should be fairly safe. I still try to limit myself to 1 can a week but don't feel guilty if I end up eating more. 
    ......I've been still eating tuna.  Subway tuna salad is my favorite!  Oh, I need one now.
  • Well, crap, @mrshuse525 now I need to go to Olive Garden, too.

I've had a cinnamon roll craving the last couple days, so I spent 2-3 hours making homemade ones today (never done this in my almost 31 years of life) and I'm so exhausted now!  They were actually pretty darn good for never having made them before, but not like the Cinnabon I was drooling over in my mind.  I haven't had a Cinnabon in so many years, so maybe I'm just fooling myself anyway!
  • I've been craving scones and my mom keeps saying she's going to make some, but doesn't. Just downloaded the recipe she used for my wedding and am considering making some myself this weekend. Have a mini tea party for one :D

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• @KRB22 Thanks!!!

On cravings, can you crave alcohol? Is that like a thing? I want a real nice drink so bad... especially my pre-pregnancy guilty pleasure. I call them 'sugar water' drink, Reds and Angry Orchards... Every time my husband cracks one open my mouth waters... This child just might have a very tipsy mother once he pops out.... LOL

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HJMorgan, oh yes you can! I crave margaritas and tequila quite often. And now with the seasonal beers coming out, aw man. Though I'm not huge on beers, my group of friends will try the new seasonal flavors and I'm missing out :(

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• I'm with y'all on the alcohol cravings.  It's not all the time, but sometimes a nice cold beer sounds so good. Or a stiff bloody mary in the morning. Mmmm
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Ive been craving a warmed Perkins blueberry muffin for months, and finally went for breakfast to get one and pancakes. Best. Idea. Ever. 
    I know I won't eat then often bc so bad for you, but I might have to get another soon. So good.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19