October 2016 Moms

Moms of Multiples 9/12

Good morning! Sorry I'm a little slow today (more like barely moving every day, ha). I think this will be my last check-in post for a couple weeks, since it is baby week for me, and I know several of us will be in the hospital here soon- let's use this thread to keep in contact in the meantime!

1. How far along and who's in there?

2. Milestones/appointments:

3. Rants/Raves/Positives:

4. Question of the week: I know most of us are so over this pregnancy, and we're so close to the end, but what is something you will miss about being pregnant?

Re: Moms of Multiples 9/12

• 1. How far along and who's in there?
    36+6, Ethan and Elliott

37 week OB appt tomorrow morning, where we'll confirm positions and date. Hoping 9/14 is baby day for us! (Or today, or tomorrow...)

I've been taking an Epsom salt bath pretty much every night, which has been wonderful. DH is so sweet, helpful, excited, and encouraging; I really don't know what I would do without him.

I feel like the list of things I've been told are "normal" and to just deal with is absurd with this pregnancy. The front of my pelvis is so incredibly painful at this point, thanks to SPD. The top half of my belly aches from diastasis recti. Contractions every 10ish minutes, but not strong enough or causing enough dilation to be admitted. Bruised ribs. And now I have a lovely burning sensation across the top of my belly which I apparently don't need to worry about because it's just "nerves being damaged" by the size of my uterus. Great.

4. Question of the week: I know most of us are so over this pregnancy, and we're so close to the end, but what is something you will miss about being pregnant?
    As painful as this pregnancy has been, I've been getting a little sentimental now that I'm so close to the end. Last time I really missed the belly, feeling LO moving, and feeling that special "just me and him" bond- I'm realizing that I'm going to feel that way again pretty soon.
    34+2 Carlisle and Cora

MFM (BPP and NST) on Thursday. They told me they won't stop labor 35w+ so this time Saturday, you can catch me jumping rope. 

Its almost over. That's all I can think about. I am in so much pain, 24/7, that I am literally day dreaming all day about having my body back to normal and having these little girls on the outside. My pubic bone is also now sore, I'm having contractions every day, my ribs are also bruised, and the skin/area on my right ribs or to the right of them are so untouchable I can't stand it. Add getting up to pee every hour of the night and no longer being able to get in out of bed easily or get comfortable, and I'm just done. I have high hopes that they may come next week. 

I will miss having them so close, not having to share them, and knowing they are safe in there - effortlessly. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @sjo_thetwins  You totally made me laugh out loud.  Pregnant with twins and jumping rope- I'm 100% sure I would pee myself but might be worth a try ;)
  • @girvin21 oh I hope I would do more than just pee myself! LOL
  • kmvisiolikmvisioli member
    edited September 2016
    @sjo_thetwins ha! No joke, I was doing lunges and squats and hopping around in the hospital bathroom the other day while there for monitoring ;) I'm pretty sure if my Baby A wasn't breech and sending me for a c/s I'd be one of those ladies who carries twins to 41 weeks- AHHHH
    36+1; boy/girl twins

Made it to 36!!!  C-section is scheduled for 38+2! 

I still have a few things to pack in my hospital bag, it's pretty bare bones right now.  I need to upgrade my cell phone, and want to purchase a small camera.  I'm so waiting for payday right now though. 

My OB is out of town next week, but at least I like the other two OBs on call next week in case I go into labor. 

I'm gonna miss my baby boy being an only child.  I cried this morning when hubby took him to daycare.  He's like, "What's wrong mommy?  I'll be back this afternoon.  I'm just going to school to play with my friends."  Goodness I'm so emotional, I'm crying just typing this out.

I'm not going to miss the gestational diabetes diet though.  That's for darn sure.  Hello carbs.  I've missed you so.   

• @JessK1014 Oof, I can't imagine being carb free right now. That's pretty much all I want! Totally hear you on the only child thing, too- I keep getting teary during cuddle times. I also get anxious every night that I'll go into labor in the middle of the night and not get to hug him good-bye.
  • @kmvisioli & @jessk1014  these are my first so I can't even imagine the emotions you're feeling with your LO but one of my favorite sayings is "love never divides, it only multiples" & I can't wait to hear how in love you are with all your littles. Xo. 

@kmvisioli I hear you on carrying these two forever if baby A wasn't breech!!

37+2, Eli & Lily

C section is scheduled one week from today!! We also have our pre op appt & NST on Wednesday.

rant- I really miss having bladder control... I have the worlds worst cough right now which is awful anyways but also encourages my bladder to pee all the time.  Over it. 

Raves -  less than a week & some of these crazy pregnancy symptoms will be gone!! I look forward to not having numbness and seeing my feet when I'm standing up ;)

I am going to miss feeling them move and watching my stomach dance.  It's still the coolest and weirdest thing I have ever experienced.

@kmvisioli I like the idea of using this thread to stay in touch while we all welcome our babies over the next few weeks!  Home stretch mamas!! 
  • Good luck during the home stretch, ladies! I can't wait to see all the Littles!

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Thanks @nlane0723! How are you all doing??
  • @nlane0723 Ahhhh!!! They are SO PRECIOUS! Glad to hear bfing is working so far- that is important to me too, and probably what I'm most anxious about. I hope your swelling and pain go down quickly so you can focus on enjoying those double newborn cuddles!

35w1d, Olivia and Caroline

have my twice weekly NST and BPP Thursday morning and go see my normal OB Thursday afternoon

Olivia is 5 pounds 9 ounces and Caroline is 5 pounds 3 ounces!!! I also started my maternity leave- while I was a little bummed about losing a few weeks at the end, I am doing much better and I know this was the right decision. 

I'll miss feeling the girls move around and I'm going to miss the great excuse not to do something if I don't want to.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    35 weeks 6 days boy/girl

Still having twice a week NST's and I visit my OB tomorrow. He will finally schedule my c-section most likely for the last week of the month and I plan to talk to him about taking me off work to start leave.

Like everyone else, I am just done. My back hurts when I move, I can hardly turn over in bed, my boy is so low that his kicks HURT and make me jump, my left foot is swollen, and I have carpel tunnel. I am ready to start putting this body of mine back together already.

I will miss the kindness from strangers.

Married 5.21.2011

TTC Since October 2012

Me: 36, all normal, DH: 43, MFI

IUI #1 & #2 - Sept & Oct 2014, BFN

IVF with ICSI #1 January 2015 - BFP, M/C Feb 2015

FET June 2015 = CP

IVF #2 September 2015 - Discovered during ER I had ovulated early, 0 retrieved

IVF with ICSI #3 January 2016 - BFP! Beta #1 - 839, Beta #2 - 3,192, Beta #3 - 15,000+ = TWINS!

EDD 10/12/16

BabyFruit Ticker

35+1, MoDi Girls, Jordan & Madison

Had NST yesterday, which they passed and NST, Biophysical and growth scan tomorrow as well as OB. Hoping to schedule induction date for next week!

Last week of work! I thought this week would never get here.

I will miss feeling them all the time but mostly the hiccups they get. Usually when one gets them the other has them within about 10 minutes. I will also miss being able to get away with wearing sports bras, tanks and comfortable shorts ALL THE TIME, since that's the most comfortable clothing attire right now, not to mention what fits the best.

• And Good Luck to all you ladies, can't wait to see baby pictures and hear all about the birth stories.

@nlane0723 Your boy's are adorable, glad everything is going well and hope your recovery is smooth and fast.

• @kmvisioli good luck and congrats, mama! ❤️
  • @kmvisioli Happy Babies day!! I hope everything goes well! XO
  • Good luck! @kmvisioli

TTC since 2011
  • ::dirty singleton lurker::

@kmvisioli Eek, Good luck!!! 

@nlane825 Glad all is going well, they are so beautiful!
  • @kmvisioli good luck! I'll be thinking about you and the babies! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Haha. @AllyTheKid I always lurk the MoM thread too. You ladies are inspiring and bonus for getting to see the cute cuddly twin photos that @nlane0723 just posted. 
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Congrats!!
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  •  @kmvisioli They are so sweet!! Congrats- so happy your boys arrived safely!
  • Congrats! @kmvisioli

TTC since 2011
  • Thank you @girvin21 and @nlane0723 ! Ethan's O2 is already down to 22% (room air is 21%) and Elliott's is down to 60% (started at 100% about 12hrs ago). Sounds like they have a couple days stay, but are doing really well.
  • Congratulations! Your boys are adorable! @kmvisioli
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

PCOS baby due October 09, 2016
    Beta #1: 22.5
    Beta #2: 74

• @kmvisioli congrats! They are beautiful! 
  • Congrats @kmvisioli!!!  They are precious!
  • Thanks girls! They are both already on room air and getting some pumped milk and supplement, and the dr is hopeful they could be out of NICU by tomorrow afternoon already.
  • Congrats @kmvisioli! They are precious.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • AColeman82AColeman82 member
    edited September 2016
    32 weeks with Abigail and Annabelle

Saw mfm today, he got my labs and all from he weekend combined with symptoms and he is thinking I have 2 more weeks max of carrying these babies. My us today showed a decrease in blood flow to the placenta. He gave me my first steroid shot today and had nst. Have to go back tomorrow for 2nd shot and nst. Then I see my regular ob friday to schedule my c-section and all that jazz. 

I'm on overload, I feel like I  am not ready.
     I really thought I was going to make it to the 36 weeks. I am anxious about my babies and everything being ok. 

Both of my pregnancies have been pretty rough on me....of course I will miss feeling them move...even though these girls have been breech pretty much from the get go and kick me in the cervix pretty often which hurts..
  • @nlane0723 and @kmvisioli  congratulations to both of you! Both of your babies are precious!
  • Congratulations! @girvin21
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

PCOS baby due October 09, 2016
    Beta #1: 22.5
    Beta #2: 74

• Congrats! @girvin21

TTC since 2011