June 2016 Moms

Favorite night light

anyone have a favorite nursery night light? Bright enough to change a diaper by. I still sleep with a lamp on! I use an amber bulb, but I am ready to go a step darker as my paranoia over watching LO sleep fades

Re: Favorite night light

• In our bedroom I keep a muslin blanket drapped over the lamp, so it gives enough light for changing without lighting everything up too brightly. That said, I usually just use my phone flashlight because it's right by me and I'm lazy. It has varying degrees of brightness so I can get just the right amount in the middle of the night without overstimulating Damien. In our room and in the nursery, we don't keep a light on.
  • Loading the player...
  • we have a pillow pet dream light.  It projects stars on the ceiling.  It makes enough light for changing, feeding, and then back to sleep :)
  • In our bedroom I keep a muslin blanket drapped over the lamp, so it gives enough light for changing without lighting everything up too brightly. That said, I usually just use my phone flashlight because it's right by me and I'm lazy. It has varying degrees of brightness so I can get just the right amount in the middle of the night without overstimulating Damien. In our room and in the nursery, we don't keep a light on.
    Be super careful about draping a blanket over a lamp -- the previous homeowners did this and it started a fire that spread to the attic. Luckily no one was hurt but it was costly repairs and they had to disclose the incident when we were looking to buy this house.  :#
    Be super careful about draping a blanket over a lamp -- the previous homeowners did this and it started a fire that spread to the attic. Luckily no one was hurt but it was costly repairs and they had to disclose the incident when we were looking to buy this house.  :#
    Oh definitely! It's never on without one of us in the room (awake) and rarely on for very long. I have tested it a few times for longer periods to see how it did. Nonetheless, I play it safe and limit it's use.
  • We have the skip hop owl light. It has a sound soother bought in, projects stars on the ceiling, and has a dimmable light on its belly. My DD loves it!