October 2016 Moms

PGAL Check In (12 Sept)

How far along are you?

How are you feeling physically/mentally?

Upcoming apts/milestones?

GTKY: If you HAD to live outside your home country, which country would you choose to move to and why?
*American lady living in Tanzania.
DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)

Re: PGAL Check In (12 Sept)

• How far along are you? 36+1

How are you feeling physically/mentally?
    Bit tired and fed up today but I keep thinking for every day I have like this I have a normal pretty productive day the next! 

Upcoming apts/milestones? Midwife tomorrow, growth scan the week after! 

GTKY: If you HAD to live outside your home country, which country would you choose to move to and why? Australia, had two amazing holls there and would relocate in a shot if could take fam & friends with me! 

I gave up on the unbold... Bump mobile is too annoying! :)
  • How far along are you? 33w1d

How are you feeling physically/mentally? For some reason the anxiety has increased recently. I'm feeling him move multiple times a day, but there are also periods of rest. During these periods of rest, my anxiety level increases. I really am looking forward to him being born so I can look at him and check on him to know he's okay. Physically, I'm more and more uncomfortable. I also ate something I'm allergic to sometime last week, and still have hives a few places. It's extremely annoying. I also have heartburn, pelvic pain, and swollen ankles and feet. Par for the course it seems.

Upcoming apts/milestones? I have another checkup next Friday. I love having appointments so often now!! Next milestone is I guess this little guy being born and getting to look at him!!

GTKY: If you HAD to live outside your home country, which country would you choose to move to and why? Wow this is a really tough one. I love the United States. I guess if I had to live somewhere else it would be the United Kingdom or Australia. At least I wouldn't have to learn a foreign language, but I could learn a different culture!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?  36w3d

How are you feeling physically/mentally?  Exhausted.  lots of things going on at work and I've just got my fingers crossed for a no-nonsense delivery.  I can't afford to let my work go for too long post-baby as I'm nearing a huge breakthrough in the lab.  Physically, still falling apart.  Morning, noon, and night sickness continues.  Had a close call at Friday's appt:  swelling ankles plus headache plus raised blood pressure = a visit to the lab for blood work to rule out preeclampsia.  If the proteins had been too high they would have induced me Saturday morning.  But luckily below levels.  Ready for this baby so I can stop all the GD nonsense of insulin, etc.

Upcoming apts/milestones?  Scan at MFM, cervix check with doc, and a visit to diabetes edu every Friday,  Over it.  Next milestone is delivery!  Doc decided on an October 1st saturday induction

GTKY: If you HAD to live outside your home country, which country would you choose to move to and why?   Well, I DO live outside my home country by being here in the US but if not for the research opportunities and contemplating the PhD I'd be back in good ol Germany.  It's the land of my heart.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • How far along are you? 35½ weeks

How are you feeling physically/mentally? Physically, not too bad. Better than most people (sorry). I think because I'm tall and large-framed, I have more room. Of course that doesn't mean perfect! Mentally I'm having some issues. September 11 was the anniversary of my D&C. I was actually positive yesterday thinking of how I'm in a good place now. But the further along I get, the more I panic about my placenta failing. It doesn't help that the last book I read mentioned multiple times how gestational diabetes can damage the placenta. I feel like it's getting harder to deal with.

Upcoming apts/milestones? Nothing this week. Next week I start my once-a-week appointments. 

GTKY: If you HAD to live outside your home country, which country would you choose to move to and why? Probably Canada or maybe Australia. Same language and some similar history. Canada is closer (assuming my family was still in the U.S.) but I get the feeling Australia has a bit of the Wild West sort of vibe I have here in Texas. But Canada is colder... so probably there.

• How far along are you? 34w5d

How are you feeling physically/mentally? Physically I just feel big and uncomfortable. Mentally pretty good too, just ready for him to get here. My cousin had her baby two days ago and I think its making me more anxious for him to get her soon!

Upcoming apts/milestones? I had an appt today that was just a quick check with doppler. I will have another in 2 weeks then we move to weekly. 

GTKY: If you HAD to live outside your home country, which country would you choose to move to and why? I've always wanted to go to Australia, so I think I could settle on that after visiting to make sure. 
  • How far along are you? 33w5d

How are you feeling physically/mentally? Physically I feel large and uncomfortable. Sleep is really rough, I toss and turn a lot. Mentally I'm up and down. We're only about 2 weeks away from our angel's birthday so that's constantly on my mind. We also got a first birthday invitation from friends whose daughter was born the same day as our stillborn daughter. I broke down when I saw it, I should be planning a first birthday party too.

Upcoming apts/milestones? Had a regular appointment and NST today, everything looks good. BPP Thursday. I love that I get to see baby so often.

GTKY: If you HAD to live outside your home country, which country would you choose to move to and why? Probably Canada since it's not far away and I wouldn't have to learn a new language. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers