Infertility

IVF calendar/timeline?

Hi ladies - wondering if anyone would mind sharing their IVF calendar/timeline to use as a general reference?  Not looking for any personal info of course, but I want to get a sense of the entire timeline start-to-finish (e.g. BCP for X days, stims for X days, ER on day X, transfer on day Y).  My RE nurses are hesitant to give me a general timeline as they want to create one based on my personalized plan, but that doesn't happen until I go for monitoring, which doesn't happen until AF comes.  So I'm trying to plan ahead a bit while I wait - keeps me busy :)

I know everyone's different and has different protocols based on their specific situation but I'm trying to figure out what I can anticipate as far as a total time commitment - and also figure out how much time I should tell work that I need relief from travel!

Thanks in advance!

Re: IVF calendar/timeline?

• Hey there and congrats on getting started!!  If you're anything like me I was so excited when the time finally came to begin the IVF process (after lots and lots of waiting)!

I had your standard antagonist protocol.  BCPs for 3 weeks before stims (which was actually lengthened to 4 weeks for me because I had a cyst and they needed to get my estrogen down first).  I started stims 4 days after stopping BCPs.  I stimmed for 9 days total, triggered on the 10th day, and had my egg retrieval 2 days later.  If we were doing a fresh transfer my transfer would have been 5 days after egg retrieval, but we opted to do a frozen transfer so we could do PGS testing.  So after my egg retrieval I just had to wait for AF to come, which took 11 days.  I got back on BCPs on the first day of my period for two weeks.  Then I started taking Estrace (to prep for frozen transfer) 3 days after stopping BCPs this time.  My FET is actually scheduled this Friday, which will be just about 3 weeks after starting the Estrace. The whole process (since I first got on BCPs) has been about 3 months... but I needed an extra week of BCPs in the beginning and also did a frozen transfer.  If I had done a fresh transfer, the whole thing would have been less than 2 months.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @wifeinraleigh28 thank you so much!  This is so helpful.  And wishing you the best of luck with your FET on Friday!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I did three weeks of bcps, then I think 11 days of stim, triggered, had retrieval 2 days later, then did a fresh transfer 5 days after that. I'd suggest for sure taking the day after retrieval off. I felt good after the retrieval, but the next day I could hardly stand upright due to pain. The following day I felt much better, then the day after that I was back to normal.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• My whole process took just about a month. I did about 2 weeks of BCP, started stims a couple of days later, 9 days of stims, triggered on the 10th day, retrieval two days later, and fresh transfer 5 days after that. All in all, I started BCP on July 20 and transferred on August 21. 
  • I was on BCP for 2 weeks, then Lupron only for 2 days, then stims (along with Lupron) for 12 days, then trigger and ER 2 days later. One thing I can tell you is everybody stims differently. With all my IUIs I was a super early ovulater but it took me longer to respond to stims then I thought it would. Good luck!! 

Me 35, DH 37

Unexplained infertility and TTC since December 2014

February 2016 - May 2016: 3 IUI's -- all BFN

August 2016: IVF #1 (Lupron, Gonal F and Menopur) -- 12 retrieved, 9 fertilized, 3 frozen and 1 x day 5 hatching blast transferred -- BFN. Sent remaining 3 embryos for PGS testing -- 2 didn't survive thaw, 1 was abnormal.

February 2017: IVF #2 (Gonal F, Menopur, and Ganirelix) -- 12 retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 sent for PGS testing and all were abnormal

March 2018: IVF #3 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 14 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 4 sent for PGS testing, and 3 were PGS normal

May 2018: FET #1 -- BFN

August 2018: FET #2 -- BFP!!! healthy baby girl born May 2019!!

July 2020: FET #3 -- embyro did not survive thaw

September 2020 - IVF #4 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 1 PGS normal

October 2020 - FET #4 -- BFN

January 2021 - IVF #5 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH)  -- 2 PGS normal

February 2021 - FET #5 - BFP!!! Due 11/6/2021

• As always the ladies on this site are so very helpful - thank you all!