April 2017 Moms

Weight gain

Hi!

How much weight have you guys gained in the first tri? I'm on week 9 and gained a couple of lbs, but I hear so many people say they are gaining a lot more... just curious. Thx!
 Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weight gain

• I've gained 1lb so far. I really wanted to continue working out but I'm too tired and nauseous. Hopefully I can during 2nd tri. 
  • I'm not stepping on the scale!  I have all my baby weight from my last baby still hanging around.  My last had weight gain issues and refused formula so I couldn't do anything to mess with my milk supply.  My son was just about at the point where he didn't need me anymore and I was so ready to hit the gym and complete diet change and BAM!! I got knocked up :neutral:  I'm waiting for the nausea to be gone and am going to start a workout routine again, just not as intense as I wanted.  I CANT gain a bunch with this baby or PPD is not going to be good. 
  • Loading the player...
  • So far I've only gained about 1 lb. I didn't put on a lot of weight until the 3rd trimester last time though, so I haven't thought about it too much so far. I believe it is normal to gain 5-6 lbs the first trimester, but don't quote me on that. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • KirstinH88KirstinH88 member
    edited September 2016
    I've gained 2.4 lbs since the day I found out (3w4d) and last Saturday (7w). However, fluctuating a few lbs has always been pretty normal for me. Last pregnancy, I used a calculator similar to the one found here to see if I was in an ok weight range (I didn't gain as much weight as the doctor would have liked).

https://www.calculator.net/pregnancy-weight-gain-calculator.html
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Sigh. I've been dreading this thread. I always gain a lot first trimester because carbs are the only thing I can tolerate. I think I've gained like 10lbs already :( 

With DS I gained WAY more than I wanted to (70lbs). My goal this time is no more than 40. Which is still on the high range. 

Now that my nausea is slowing down (way earlier than last time where I puked until week 24), I'm hoping I can start eating better and slow down on the weight gain!!
  • @STM2017 I feel your pain...I gained 70 with my DD. I still had 20 more to lose when I got pregnant with this LO. Hoping it's not as much of a gain this time too...so far up 6lbs. I'm like you, my life is carbs now. And working out is awful! My spare tire is already blowing up, ugh! 
  • @Rileypie, thank you for sharing! I feel less alone in this! I had about 10-15lbs left to lose from DS. It's very frustrating starting this pregnancy "up" from what I had been hoping. Especially now that I'm up another 10. Pretty sure my pregnancy is obvious with this weight gain!!!
  • I don't own a scale, but as of my doctor's appointment last Wednesday (at 8w2d), I haven't gained anything.  That probably just means I've lost muscle since I've been eating a lot of carbs!  I didn't think I was supposed to gain anything till after first trimester?  First timer here.
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • These are all helpful replies! I'm 9 weeks and have gained almost 5 lbs so far - I agree, carbs make me feel better, but I've always been very active and have continued working out several times a week - this helps with the fatigue for me personally. :) I'm sure once the nausea passes I'll be bale to cut back on the carbs!
     Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So far I'm losing weight, but I'm obese. I wasn't with my first and I gained maybe 10 pounds first tri and 50 3rd tri. Ugh.
    DS born 9/13/2012
    BFP#5: 8/21/2016
  • You guys are all my heroes. Echoing alllllll the nausea and carbs sentiments. Got married in April and gained 13lbs. from our extended honeymoon and TTC (umm, that was discouraging and stressful and ice cream was my friend.) Now I'm rounding out my first trimester, and I've gained 5lbs (eff you, carbs), but now I'm wayyy up there. Good grief. Like all of you, I'm hoping to get into an exercise routine once the nausea goes away (Please go away, soon!). 
  • Geez they were rude? I mean they say the norm in the first tri is 5 lbs!
     Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've lost 3 lbs since my first appointment. I'm sure some of that is muscle since I haven't been working out anywhere near as much (and not at all in the past week). I'm trying not to gain anything first tri. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• I've actually lost 5lbs, but I've been so so sick and have a hard time keeping my food and liquids down!  Last time I gained about 3-5lbs during the first trimester.  I am 9 weeks.
    EDD 4/15/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • For the last few months (pre preg) my weight has constantly fluctuated by 5 lbs and lately - at 12 weeks - I find myself at the high end of that pretty consistently. I'm not surprised at all considering I'm eating like crazy and have been too exhausted to do much other than occupy the couch, even tho I'm *trying* to continue to avoid carbs and sugar. I also packed on 70+ lbs with my first pregnancy, and then never lost it all before gaining over and over for the following 3 babies. Now at baby 5 I'm finally starting at my goal weight and am really trying not to add on too much despite my repeated history of high weight gain. We shall see. 
  • I think I'm up 8-10 pounds, at nearly 8 weeks. But the inches!  I'm up at least 37 inches in my waist.  Just kidding, 36.

I need to take a pic and compare my blump to my 1st bump to see how far along I was before I was this big. Apparently people at my work have caught on - someone came up and gave me a big hug and congratulations today. Here we go....
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • I've gained roughly 5lbs of gas. I haven't been eating enough to warrant any weight gain, so I presume a lot of it is volume increases.
    BabyGaga
    Pregnancy # 6
    4 missed chances
    2 loving children
    1 on the way
  • I was 57 three months ago, went up to 59kgs at just around 3 weeks, now 8-9weeks and 60, eeek, I am feeling so fat already, hardly any jeans fit! 
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • I think I've lost as well. Loss of muscle plus nausea : (
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've gained about 6 pounds as of this morning. The weird thing was I shot up 5 pounds the first week then I've just held steady since then, I had a 5 pound jump at the beginning of my last pregnancy too. I'm just hoping I don't gain as much as I did with DD (70ish pounds). I'm trying to stay more active, but the carbs are not helping. 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm not sure *exactly* what I weighed before but I think I've gained about 3.5-4 lbs and I'm almost 11 weeks.  Pants are deeeeeeeefinitely a little tighter than before in the waist.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm so grateful for this post! I will be 9 weeks tomorrow and i'm up almost 8 pounds! I'm trying not to stress out about it. I'm on pelvic rest so working out has been almost none! I'm trying to make healthy food choices, but NOTHING sounds good! lol I'm hoping at 12 weeks my blood clot (the reason I'm on pelvic rest) will have dissolved and I can go back to light work outs. 
  • @Holzie Does your ticker change look delicious to you then? Donut Holes. HAHAHA!
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @kirstinh88 You have NO idea!!!!
    ****Trigger mentioned****
    Us:  37, 38, unexplained IF
    TTC for the second time
    Married 10/21/12 to my wonderful wife
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science
    since 2/2014

7 IUIs, 1 cancelled due to too many follicles, 6 BFNs.
    IVF #1 & 2 Failed
    IVF #3 20 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized with ICSI, 6 made it to day 5
                 2 blasts transferred 7/17
    Beta #1 7/26 ***BFP*** 144
    Beta #2 7/28 271
    Beta #3 8/4 1972
    8/15 - Officially pregnant with TWINS
    9/1 - Baby B no longer has a heartbeat, Baby A is holding on!
    9/29 - MMC
    Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 15
    Next cycle will be FET without PGS testing. 
    3/27 - FET transferred 2 "excellent" blasts 
    Beta #1 4/5 ***BFP*** 107 (9dp5dt)
    Beta #2 4/7  244  (11dp5dt)
    Beta #3 4/14  2038   (18dp5dt)
    4/25 - Confirmed pregnancy. Baby measured 1 day behind, FHR 132
    5/9 - 2nd U/S - Baby measured one day ahead, FHR 178
    12/21 - Baby Boy born
    12/10 - FET transfered 1 3BB blast
    Beta #1 12/19 - 88
    Beta #2 12/21 - 230
    Beta #3 12/18 - 3066
  • @KirstinH88 @Holzie I have been thinking about switching my Babysizer ticker from the Geek to Cravings, but I do not think my willpower can handle pictures of donut holes (starting tomorrow) every time I post!!!  :D
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @schef070911 - I changed it from geek to craving around the blue pill /red pill ticker as I liked the thought of a tater tot better!  So much for this bright idea!  

****Trigger mentioned****
    Us:  37, 38, unexplained IF
    TTC for the second time
    Married 10/21/12 to my wonderful wife
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science
    since 2/2014

7 IUIs, 1 cancelled due to too many follicles, 6 BFNs.
    IVF #1 & 2 Failed
    IVF #3 20 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized with ICSI, 6 made it to day 5
                 2 blasts transferred 7/17
    Beta #1 7/26 ***BFP*** 144
    Beta #2 7/28 271
    Beta #3 8/4 1972
    8/15 - Officially pregnant with TWINS
    9/1 - Baby B no longer has a heartbeat, Baby A is holding on!
    9/29 - MMC
    Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 15
    Next cycle will be FET without PGS testing. 
    3/27 - FET transferred 2 "excellent" blasts 
    Beta #1 4/5 ***BFP*** 107 (9dp5dt)
    Beta #2 4/7  244  (11dp5dt)
    Beta #3 4/14  2038   (18dp5dt)
    4/25 - Confirmed pregnancy. Baby measured 1 day behind, FHR 132
    5/9 - 2nd U/S - Baby measured one day ahead, FHR 178
    12/21 - Baby Boy born
    12/10 - FET transfered 1 3BB blast
    Beta #1 12/19 - 88
    Beta #2 12/21 - 230
    Beta #3 12/18 - 3066
  • So far I'm losing weight, but I'm obese. I wasn't with my first and I gained maybe 10 pounds first tri and 50 3rd tri. Ugh.
    My first was the same, except I already was obese at the start, then holy guacamole I gained 50 the last tri. With my second I gained maybe 5 pounds the whole pregnancy, but I was much more conscientious of what I ate.

This time I'm in the middle. I think I've gained a little, but haven't weighed myself.
    imagelogan and ruthieLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I've gained about 5 pounds so far at 9 weeks. Probably because I'm too nauseous to do anything but lay on the couch and eat croissants! I have no idea what to expect weight gain wise with twins, but I assume I will gain more than I did with my singleton.
  • I'm with @Pinkpeonies. I've lost six pounds from nausea and being too sick to exercise so, bye muscle tone. 
  • @Beckyf321  and @STM2017 it's nice to know I'm not alone in the massive weight gain department. It's so frustrating. I had awful PPD and didn't lose any weight from DD until this past year when I finally got myself back on track and lost some of the weight. But I am still up quiet a bit and still up from a size 8 to my current size 14 pants. I'm so happy to be pregnant but also really upset that im back to battling my weight. I know I shouldn't care so much but I do. It's just super hard to eat well and exercise when my stomach is doing flip flops all day. God help me trying to wear a swim suit next summer...
  • Rileypie said:
    @Beckyf321  and @STM2017 it's nice to know I'm not alone in the massive weight gain department. It's so frustrating. I had awful PPD and didn't lose any weight from DD until this past year when I finally got myself back on track and lost some of the weight. But I am still up quiet a bit and still up from a size 8 to my current size 14 pants. I'm so happy to be pregnant but also really upset that im back to battling my weight. I know I shouldn't care so much but I do. It's just super hard to eat well and exercise when my stomach is doing flip flops all day. God help me trying to wear a swim suit next summer...
    I have the same issue. I lost all but about 20 of the 70 I gained with DD. I'm so nervous to be starting so much heavier than last time. I have been exercising consistently up until I started feeling exhausted when I got pregnant. I'm trying my best, but its so hard. I hope this pregnancy goes better for you as well weight gain wise! 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• I have lost 4 pounds but I have been sicker than a dog with this pregnancy! Morning (all day) sickness sucks!